Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2023, 03:10   #91

Re: OpenCPN Version 5.8.0 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by seandepagnier View Post
I am working on my plugins for 5.8.

I have found some issues in the handling of nmea messages with plugins I am trying to resolve, so even if you get the plugin working the core opencpn needs a few changes to get everything working as well. Otherwise you have to make a connection manually rather than let the plugin autodetect pypilot and forward nmea to it.
Superb. You're working on it. Any idea on a timeframe? Otherwise I'll try to Flatpak the release back to 5.6.2 (which worked fine for me).

Problem is just with the NMEA forward? Cause my Pypilot is hardwired to my multiplexer and gets GPS and wind from the multiplexer NMEA out.

I choose to use my Odroid with OpenCPN just as an extra. Want all connections to keep work, with or without OpenCPN / Openplotter.
KoeZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2023, 05:38   #92

Boat: Beneteau First 235 QR

Hello,

first of all, thank you all for your temendous work!!

On the boat, I use a windows 10-tablet, there I can' t find the windvane-plugin after the update to O5.8. In my Home Laptop-Installation (Ubuntu 22) it is available.

I would prefer to use the windvane plugin in a longer singlehanded race starting mid of June. Is it forseable, that the Windvane-Plugin will be available in O5.8 or should I go back to O5.6, which worked fine for me?

Kind regards

_____/)____*___/)__/)_
SailingMahjong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2023, 23:30   #93

Boat: Dehler Optima 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
jeff...

My error. Please try this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/20ijcaev5n...armhf.deb?dl=0

2. Install by:
$ sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/libglew2.0_2.0.0-5_armhf.deb

Sorry

Dave
I had the same issue on my Pi4, now O5.8. installed, opens, but crashes even in safe mode.

Here is the log file: opencpn.log.pdf

I tried disabling OpenGL already in the config file.

Could be something with NavObjects. I see OpenCPN draw my tracks with the standard background chart (O-charts disabled due to safe mode), then it crashes.

Any hints?

Manfred
Aldebaran17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2023, 00:56   #94

Update: After following a hint from another thread I can start OpenCPN. Without plugins installed, obviously.

The plugin manager only shows 4 (!) plugins after updating the master catalog. Most important: I do not see the o-charts plugin anymore
Old 20-04-2023, 03:52   #95

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fizz 40' or is it 39'?? :-)

Which catalog to use for Raspberry Pi - Flatpak arm64?

Hi there and - in full accord with all the others previously - THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL THE WORK YOU HAVE DONE!!!

I becam aware as I "accidentally" started the update process for OpenCPN and got 5.8.0 installed. I am using Raspberry pi 4 and flatpak - after install I wanted to re-install (update) all the plugins I had and some of them just didn't show up: Weatherfax, Weatherrouting, Climatology, Watchdog etc.

In the catalog settings I see "flatpak-aarch64:22.08" - is this the corect plugin archive? It looks not very complete. can somebody help me please?

All the best,

Uwe
HUR450502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2023, 03:57   #96

Boat: Phantom 19

Uwe...

The catalog you are using is correct, but plugins don't update and release magically by themselves, you simply need to give the maintainers some time to release a new version of the plugin compatible with OpenCPN 5.8 and the upgraded wxWidgets libraries and flatpak runtime it uses. Some already did, some are still working on it.
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2023, 04:29   #97

Hi Nohal,

thanks a lot for the reply. No problem at all, I can (and will) wait - you all did more than enough for all of us so, no undue hurry :-)

All the best and thanks again,

Uwe
Old 20-04-2023, 04:35   #98

I guess this also answers my question on the o-charts plugin. Quite understandable. So, I will be patient and wait for updates.

Manfred
Old 20-04-2023, 04:55   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUR450502 View Post
Hi Nohal,

thanks a lot for the reply. No problem at all, I can (and will) wait - you all did more than enough for all of us so, no undue hurry :-)

All the best and thanks again,

Uwe
Also upgraded by accident. Will try to roll back the upgrade in Flatpak this weekend. Should be possible with the description I found.

Of course I'll upgrade again to 5.8 when the Pypilot plugin is there.

And I'll join previous posters by thanking all involved. You're doing a great job!
KoeZt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2023, 04:57   #100

Boat: Phantom 19

Aldebaran17...

If you see only 4 default plugins after you update the catalog, it means your system is very likely not being supported by anyone (As of now many plugins already released new versions for O5.8)
Please open your logfile and look for a line like this:
Code:
11:43:47.694 MESSAGE ocpn_app.cpp:1248 OCPN_OSDetail:  x86_64 ; darwin-wx32 ; 10.15.7 ;  ;
and post what you see there (The part after OCPN_OSDetail will be different of course).
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2023, 05:23   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldebaran17 View Post
I guess this also answers my question on the o-charts plugin. Quite understandable. So, I will be patient and wait for updates.

Manfred

Hi Manfred, o-charts should be there, I got 2.0.0.45 today. Maybe you just refresh your catalog?

Best regards, Uwe
Old 20-04-2023, 21:50   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
Aldebaran17...

If you see only 4 default plugins after you update the catalog, it means your system is very likely not being supported by anyone (As of now many plugins already released new versions for O5.8)
Please open your logfile and look for a line like this:
Code:
11:43:47.694 MESSAGE ocpn_app.cpp:1248 OCPN_OSDetail:  x86_64 ; darwin-wx32 ; 10.15.7 ;  ;
and post what you see there (The part after OCPN_OSDetail will be different of course).
it says:

20:31.34.106 MESSAGE ocpn_app.cpp:1248 OCPN_OSDetail: armhf ; Raspbian GNU/Linux ; 10 ; raspbian ; debian

The Plugin Manager suggests (or uses) as a default flavour: ubuntu-gtk3-armhf:18.04, which may be the wrong one. Do I have to select to select a different flavour here?

Manfred
Old 20-04-2023, 22:06   #103

Location: Staging in Honolulu before sailing to Vancouver this summer
Boat: Southern Cross 35
Thumbs up Re: OpenCPN Version 5.8.0 Released

Fantastic job !
This version is running much smoother on Linux (Kubuntu) and is much more usable with the display scaling.
Thanks
Old 21-04-2023, 08:01   #104

Version 5.8.0-0+411 is working OK upon updating without problems.
Many thanks.
P_Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2023, 14:33   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdbcat View Post
jeff...

My error. Please try this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/20ijcaev5n...armhf.deb?dl=0

2. Install by:
$ sudo dpkg -i ~/Downloads/libglew2.0_2.0.0-5_armhf.deb

Sorry

Dave
Dave, I had exactly the same problem as Jeff. I've been running O 5.6.2 on my RPi 4 for quite a while and it's been running great, but when I tried to update to 5.8.0 using the Open CPN Installer it gave me the same errors exactly that Jeff got regarding libglew2.0_2.0.0-5_armhf.deb. Using your instructions above, I was able to download the libglew... to the download folder and then O 5.8.0 did install. However, when I tried to start it up, it opened initiallly, but when it first displayed the boat and chart, it crashed. I've tried updating everything, but nothing seems to solve the problem. In the OpenCPN Installer 2.2.3 it gives the following comments:

Hit:1 Index of /opencpn/opencpn/ubuntu bionic InRelease
Hit:2 Index of /debian buster InRelease
Get:3 https://repos.influxdata.com/debian buster InRelease [7,029 B]
Hit:4 Index of /raspbian buster InRelease
Hit:5 https://deb.nodesource.com/node_10.x buster InRelease
Get:6 https://packages.grafana.com/oss/deb stable InRelease [5,984 B]
Hit:7 Index of /openplotter/openplotter/ubuntu bionic InRelease
Hit:8 https://www.free-x.de/deb4op buster InRelease
Err:3 https://repos.influxdata.com/debian buster InRelease
The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY D8FF8E1F7DF8B07E
Err:6 https://packages.grafana.com/oss/deb stable InRelease
The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 9E439B102CF3C0C6
Fetched 7,029 B in 3s (2,580 B/s)
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
All packages are up to date.
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: https://repos.influxdata.com/debian buster InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY D8FF8E1F7DF8B07E
W: An error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: https://packages.grafana.com/oss/deb stable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 9E439B102CF3C0C6
W: Failed to fetch https://repos.influxdata.com/debian/...ster/InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY D8FF8E1F7DF8B07E
W: Failed to fetch https://packages.grafana.com/oss/deb...able/InRelease The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 9E439B102CF3C0C6
W: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.

Do you have any additional clues for me to get this update to work?

Thanks for your help,

Chan
SirChaunchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, lease, opencpn