Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2013, 03:20   #61

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Plugin Threads (List)

Mike, please start your own thread. You're contaminating this one.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2013, 13:04   #62

Plugins-Beta - Weather_Routing & Climatology Updates
Compiled current as of June 20,2013.

Opencpn Beta Login - Plugins - rguser, rgpass.

The directories and files have been simplified.
  1. Opencpn Beta v3.3.604 has the most current weather_routing plugin and is the only version that works with Climatology.
  2. Opencpn Beta v3.3.604 also has a Climatology plugin with the same feature set, compiled using v3.3.604. This version will be forward compatible starting with v3.3.604.
  3. Opencpn Beta v3.2.0 has the most current Climatology plugin and it will be forward compatible from v3.2.0, it has the same feature set as the v3.3.604 version and it will work with weather_routing once the Opencpn is upgraded to v3.3.604.
  4. The Weather_routing plugin itself will not work in v3.2.0 at all, and the v3.3.424 version will use gribs but not climatology.
  5. Weather_routing requires data (html file) be placed in a special directory. The data must be placed in the "plugins/weather_routing/data" directory.
  6. Climatology requires data be placed in a special directory. The data is in the "Climate Data 5" directory. Download CL-DATA-5.zip (6.9mb) OR all the individual files and copy uncompressed to opencpn/plugins/cliimatology/data/ directory. There should be 42 files, including the zipped file.
  7. The plugins DLL's should be copied to your plugins directory. The required data files should be placed in subdirectories as noted.
See the directory labels with the plugins associated. Old plugins will run with newer Ocpn versions, but may not have all the features of more recent plugins. (See Plugin Compatibility note in the Plugins-Beta area.)

Please Test
Climatology -Tabs and Cyclones should work.
Weather_routing - v3.3.604 - should create a list of routes and beautiful isochrones and routes using both Gribs and Climatology. If you check Currents in the Wx-Rte Config it will create some complex swirled isochrones, and use the currents in its calculations.

In the Weather_routing thread we will show some recent Nassua-Newport routings with just Climatology (monthly wind and current) and another using an 8-day grib and Climatology.

Thanks to Sean for this wonderful work and many lines of code. (Also please note the donate button for his next voyage in the plugins.)

Rick

Directories Nmea, Wx-Fax and Wx-Soundfile have files useful for testing.
Old 22-06-2013, 05:38   #63

Sean and Pavel,

Opencpn v3.2.0
climatology_win32_p19_v02-5_ov320_pi.dll

The Climatology version compiled under Opencpn v3.2.0 had some minor problems running in MSVC Debug mode, like Tabs and Cyclones not working, but when used as a Release version, everything seems to work. Therefore uploaded that compilation to
Find in "Opencpn-Beta-File-Thingie" rguser, rgpass, directory "Plugins-Beta-Opencpn-3.2.0".

Opencpn v3.3.424 weather_routing_win32_pi110_v07_vo33424_no_climate _pi.dll
This version of weather routing does NOT use the Climate data but does use Grib does run in v3.3.424.
Find in "Opencpn-Beta-File-Thingie" rguser, rgpass , directory "Plugins-Beta-Opencpn-3.3.424" .

Opencpn v3.3.604 weather_routing_in32_pi110_v08-2_vo33604_pi climatology_win32_p19_v02-6_ov33604_pi
This version of weather routing will run either Climatology plugin and Grib files. This version of climatology plugin was compiled in v3.3.604 and will work in later versions too.
Find in "Opencpn-Beta-File-Thingie" rguser, rgpass , directory "Plugins-Beta-Opencpn-3.3.604" .

I have simplified the Opencpn-Beta-File-Thingie directories, have the beta plugins under appropriate Opencpn versions.
I have deleted the older Climatology data sets as we are now using "Climate-Data-5" version.

I am hoping that the dust has settled for awhile and the users find no bugs! No problem recompiling again if there are bugs, but this became a big effort. Might it be time to update Sourceforge and put on the Opencpn website or am I pushing this too fast?

Users please give your feedback now! Sean wants to release the plugins pronto.

Best, Rick
Old 22-06-2013, 09:52   #64

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Hello,

I try to install last version of weather routing, polar_6 and climatology.

weather_routing_win32_pi110_v08-2_vo33604_pi.dll
polar_win32_pixx_v06_pi.dll
climatology_win32_p19_v02-6_ov33604_pi.dll

With 3.3.604 :

- weather_routing_win32_pi110_v07_pi is visible in the list, I can activate it. And it seem that it run Ok.

- weather_routing_win32_pi110_v08-2_vo33604_pi.dll do not appear in plugins list. So, Impossible to activate it.
- Polar 6 do not appear in the list of plugin so I cannot activate it
- Climatology do not appear in the list of plugins so I cannot activate it. Same problem with old version of climatology (3 and 4).

B.R., Gilletarom
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 10:26   #65

Gilletaron,
I am sorry you are having troubles. I can empathize with you on that score. The plugins work fine for me. Do you have the very most current Opencpn v3.3.604?
Where did you get it from? Did you download it of the v3.3.604 subdirectory in file thingie?

I can't afford to scramble around trying to fix something if we don't know that for sure! There have been changes to the "error reporting" recently that may be different for your version on your machine. Just because it has the same number does not necessarily mean that it is the same file!!! - Remember this is Opencpn BETA Testing. So download a current file please.

Also, I am not quite sure what happened or did not happen by your description. If opencpn.exe download does not fix it, then you will need to be more descriptive for me to fullly understand.

Thanks for persisting and your help! You will be rewarded in the end with some great plugins.

Rick
Old 22-06-2013, 10:54   #66

Boat: Van der Stadt Samoa 48

I have just made a complete new windows 7 installation and downloaded everything from the v3.3.604 subdirectory.

Weather routing with weather_routing_win32_pi110_v08-2_vo33604_pi.dll do show up and can be started, but it crashes as soon as I press start.

Lars
Taarnskov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2013, 11:03   #67

Darn! 2x's its not an accident - I am sorry. Need to figure this out. It works for me. I will check my setup.

Maybe I need to upload it again for some reason.
Its working for me right now. You've downloaded the opencpn.exe and other files too...

Did you follow instructions and install:
weather_routing/data/WeatherRoutingInformation.html????

--that will make it crash I believe.

Does Climatology work and read the Climate-Data files with a progress bar?
Old 22-06-2013, 11:29   #68

Taarnskov, Gilletarom,

I've uploaded the files direct from my operating release Opencpn v3.3.604:
Including:
  1. Weather_routing (two versions, one is an earlier version dll.doc which may also work because I don't think it has error checking)
  2. Opencpn and associated files.
  3. Polar (this version was compiled in 3.3.604 so it must be run in that, I will compile for v3.2.0 later, because Konni advises it is plugin api 1.7)
I hope this helps. If it does not, I will have to recompile it again. It occurs to me that it took awhile to upload before, maybe it got corrupted somehow.
Old 22-06-2013, 11:30   #69

Hello,

Really, thank you very much for your compassion .....

That said, there are just two days:
- I downloaded the 3.3.604 version of the "Dowload" page of the official website of OpenCPN
- Conducted a parallel installation of OpenCPN 3.3.604.

I can reasonably assume that I had a version of "update". Until now, never, several versions of the same version had been posted. Let alone in two different places

I just downloaded the version "bis" on this thingie.

Apart from version 3.3; 424 I have not tested, I tested all the other versions of OpenCPN for 3 years ... Without exception. I have never encountered such an aberration for the content of opencpn.exe file.

The result is different with the official version. Now I see the plugin in the list Climatology and version 5 of Polar.

I even see two versions of Polar. Konni one sent me directly, I recovered on June 16 and the new version of thingie to be called 6 but continues to call 5.

If you want a beta tester spontaneous can work in good condition, it should completely avoid this kind of hassle.

B.R., Gilletarom.
Old 22-06-2013, 11:40   #70

Forget it Gilletarom.... PLEASE Don't test it! I am sorry I bothered you.

I have been frustrated too, but have not expressed it in such a way..
I will now try to fix the things you mention, if I understand. Thank you for telling me. ...a little patience goes a long way. This is a complicated process.

I believe the improvements to error checking in Opencpn have caused some problems, just recently, and you need the very most recent or you WILL get errors just like I did (review the notes in Weather_routing, if you really want to see trouble and some frustration... but we all worked through it with professionalism and good humor, and factual reporting, and very quickly, with little emotion.

Thanks
Rick

PS: I just checked Polar and it is version 6 which is correct, I git fetch and git pulled most current from Konni's site just this morning and I believe it is version 6.
Old 22-06-2013, 12:07   #71

Konni,

Did you git fetch and git pull Opencpn version 3.3.604?
I did a git pull origin master (or whatever) because there are changes that fix that problem, I believe. I did make some changes suggested by ChuckSK which helped the problems I was having with MSVC compiling, but I believe those would have been overwritten by the later "git pull". There's not much more I can do, until this is figured out.

-Also Konni, if you don't want your polar plugin on file thingie, I'll take it off. Just say so. Polar is important, and you should continue, I think.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by konni
Hi Rick,

i compiled it on 3.2.0,too and the dll showed the same behavoir as with 3.3.604. The grib_pi etc. as well.

a dependencywalker showed me that LoadLibraryW sends this error 127 on the precompiled OCPN.

as a try i copied my wxWidgets-dll's to the installed
(precompiled) OCPN and it starts but without showing the plugin. So it seems, that it's not a fault by Wx or the new Crashreporter, it can be CMake 2.8.11.1 or an update in the NET-Environment.

BTW Gilletarom wrote me:
I download polar 6 from here :
File Thingie 2.5.7

Sorry, but, with O 3.3.604, it is not visible in the list of plugins. The problem is not solved

I'll stop develop the polar-plugin, maybe someone likes to go on with the code or create another.

best regards,
konni
Old 22-06-2013, 12:12   #72

Note :

Now, I have also watchman.
Old 22-06-2013, 12:41   #73

Release versions of Climatology and Weather_routing are working on the most recent git pull and compile of v3.3.604. I have it working right now. I am sorry if there is some problem with your installation.

I am done for now...and not a thank you or anything for all the work. Thats ok. I have many other things I must do.
Old 22-06-2013, 12:50   #74

Gilletarom wrote:
Quote:
I can reasonably assume that I had a version of "update". Until now, never, several versions of the same version had been posted. Let alone in two different places
I do not have access sourceforge, nor am I asking for it. Keep in mind that this is a volunteer effort. -You won't be hearing from me for awhile.
Old 22-06-2013, 13:54   #75

Quote:
Weather routing with weather_routing_win32_pi110_v08-2_vo33604_pi.dll do show up and can be started, but it crashes as soon as I press start.
Lars
Lars, you've been using it, so you know the routine better, but the interface has changed, so perhaps this willl help. This is also written for others who may not read instructions and may think that it should work without doing so. Make sure you have "data" directories for Climatology and Weather_routing in the right location....Lars you probably already have these, but be sure you have climate/data/...most recent files from climate-data-5 with 6/10/2013 date. Then set up and highlight a new route in Weather_routing.

1. Do you have Climatology or Grib up with current file. Put Climatology on the current month. Make sure you have a current 8day grib off the area.
2. Did you Edit>New to make a new route? Then highlight that route to use it?
3. Did you Edit > Configuration then
Check the data source Grib - Climatology?
Set time steps to 1 or 3 hours or 12 hours depending on length of voyage.
Set degree steps to 5 degrees and hit generate.
Set max diverted course to 90 degrees
Change title of the route.
Under start set boat position.
Under startt set Grib time or Current time.
4. Close config.
5. Then with route still highlighted, move cursor to the start and right click pick "Start weather route"
6. Move cursor to the end of route, right click and pick "End weather route"
7. Then click Start

Tags
paracelle