Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-03-2022, 21:43   #16

Re: Radar plugin 5.3.0-beta released

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCY46 View Post
Hi John, could you please give more info regarding the Hybrid touch screen you are using, as l wouldn't mind something in the cockpit and would rather not pay for a Raymarine Axiom.
Cheers kevin
Most likely this is an Axiom Pro MFD with Hybrid touch control.
Quantum radars are only compatible with Axiom and OS LH3
Baikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2022, 00:21   #17

Boat: Marztcraft 46

Baikal, yes l was surprised to think there maybe a non raymarine device to talk to the radar, apart from OCPN of course, but l live in hope.
MCY46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2022, 05:02   #18

Can anyone take more screenshots of the Quantum Radar plugin?
Old 26-03-2022, 13:16   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baikal View Post
Can anyone take more screenshots of the Quantum Radar plugin?
What sort of screen shots do you want, because you can't actually take a photo of the plugin, it is software?
Old 26-03-2022, 15:31   #20

I'm running Open CPN 5.6.0 on an M1 chip MacBook Pro and since I upgraded to 5.6.0 my radar plugin disappeared and I don't seem to be able to access it any longer. The only plugin catalog offered is the master and I've updated it, but there's no radar plugin available. I tried downloading Radar-Plugin_5.0.4-ov50.pkg and ran that. It said it installed the Radar Plugin on "Macintosh HD" but I don't see it anywhere so can't navigate to it from the Plugin page to attempt to install it. Any ideas how I can get a functional radar plugin back. I have a SIMRAD Navico 4G radar and it works great with Open CPN on my Raspberry Pi 4, but I'd also like it to work on my MacBook Pro so I have a backup.
SirChaunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2022, 22:42   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCY46 View Post
What sort of screen shots do you want, because you can't actually take a photo of the plugin, it is software?
I'm interested in the topic of using quantum radar. But I don't know the radar itself yet. I would like to see it working with the plugin, so I ask if anyone has the opportunity to take screenshots of the Radar overlay screen and PPI screen to evaluate the image resolution. In the beta release, it was stated that the resolution of the radar picture is very low.
Old 30-03-2022, 16:52   #22

I am currently on the hard stand with lots of boats and equipment around me, so l will send so screen shots when lm on the water hopefully in 2-3 weeks.
Old 01-04-2022, 07:46   #23

Can anyone send a compiled 5.3.0 plug-in for Windows?
Old 01-04-2022, 08:34   #24

Boat: Najad 34

Baikal..
This beta plugin is already in the Plugin manager but you have to change "Settings" to use catalog Beta and then Update catalog Beta.
Unfortunately(?) you've to close OCPN and edit the config file, opencpn.ini, to include:
in
[Settings]
CatalogExpert=1
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 08:55   #25

Thanks!
didn't think it was in the beta catalog
Old 02-04-2022, 09:57   #26

Boat: Neel 51 trimaran

Douwe et al, thanks for saving my hide off shore. Story to follow another time.

M1 Mac Book pro Halo 20 A: working (without doppler and some other functions, not sure if its meant to)

However Halo B: not working

Same problem for windows machines x3 I have tested with.

Raspberry Pi 4 : I couldn't for the life of me seem to enable openGL to test it even thought I saved the settings to!

All tested on Linksys 5g WIFI (working great otherwise no dropouts).

I will test when pluging direct to radar with USB Lan adaptor as have no ethernet port with a screen to test. results to follow.
extremely grateful for your efforts
Carryonsailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 10:07   #27

Boat: Neel 51 trimaran

I have also tested with windows 11 direct with USB LAN adapter and Halo 20 Same results as all the above. IE. Halo A yes, without advanced features. Halo B No. Not detected.

Hope this helps.
Carryonsailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 01:59   #28

Boat: Ovni 385

That is why we have beta releases, to get the bugs out.

Could you make a opencpn.log file of the issue? Before making this log, could you make in the opencpn.ini VerboseLog=13, this will increase logging.

I will be traveling coming weeks without access to a radar. But may be the log will clarify this. Or the other developers may have the opportunity to solve this issue (B radar not working and Doppler not working).

Douwe
Douwe Fokkema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 10:10   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douwe Fokkema View Post
That is why we have beta releases, to get the bugs out.

Could you make a opencpn.log file of the issue? Before making this log, could you make in the opencpn.ini VerboseLog=13, this will increase logging.

I will be traveling coming weeks without access to a radar. But may be the log will clarify this. Or the other developers may have the opportunity to solve this issue (B radar not working and Doppler not working).

Douwe
Douwe,
I will be happy to make an opencpn.log file the next time I go to the boat which should be in the next couple of days. I'm not familiar with the "opencpn.log file process though, so can you give me a step by step procedure of how to initiate the logging, when to turn on the radar in the process of logging, how long to log, how to stop the logging process, and the commands to store and retrieve the data so I can send it to you. Also do I just put the "VerboseLog=13" line anywhere in the opencpn.ini file, or does it have to be inserted in a particular place? If so, where?
SirChaunchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 00:19   #30

Boat: Ovni 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirChaunchy View Post
Douwe,
I will be happy to make an opencpn.log file the next time I go to the boat which should be in the next couple of days. I'm not familiar with the "opencpn.log file process though, so can you give me a step by step procedure of how to initiate the logging, when to turn on the radar in the process of logging, how long to log, how to stop the logging process, and the commands to store and retrieve the data so I can send it to you. Also do I just put the "VerboseLog=13" line anywhere in the opencpn.ini file, or does it have to be inserted in a particular place? If so, where?
You will find the location of the log and ini (configuration) file in the "about" box of OpenCPN. Click the ? icon in the OpenCPN menu. For Windows this location is normally C:\ProgramData\opencpn\opencpn.log. And the ini file:
C:\ProgramData\opencpn\opencpn.ini. First edit the opencpn.ini using notepad while OpenCPN is stopped. Search for "VerboseLog=" . Normally you will find VerboseLog= 0. Change this to VerboseLog=13 and save the file.
Then locate the opencpn.log in the File Explorer, while OpenCPN is stopped. Best is to start with an empty log, so delete the opencpn.log, OpenCPN will make a new empty one when started.
Now start OpenCPN and reproduce the error as you described. After that stop OpenCPN. If it is non reponding (hanging) kill it with the taskmanager (control alt delete). After that get us the opencpn.log by posting it on this forum (you may have to change the .log to .txt) or mail directly to me, df at percussion.nl.

Good luck and thanks for your help, Douwe
Douwe Fokkema is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lease, plug, plugin, radar