Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-03-2023, 15:06   #91

Re: Radar plugin 5.3.0-beta released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Mattzilla..
Yes, it's filed as an issue here.

Some integration with O 5.7.1 obviously failed.
Thanks for that. As fyi the gain and offshore/harbour controls now seem to work with my Halo 20+.
Mattzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 16:10   #92

Boat: Najad 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattzilla View Post
Hi,
Just installed the 5.7.1 RC and Radar 5.5.0-beta.
Noticed
- does not show AIS targets on the ppi - toggled on/off and restarted same. Does show AIS targets on the chart
This is now corrected in OCPN 5.7.1....RC2. Please try again using the RC version of O announced here
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 16:39   #93

Quote:
This is now corrected in OCPN 5.7.1....RC2. Please try again using the RC version of O announced here
Tested and working fine now.
Thanks.
Mattzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 10:17   #94

Boat: 12 meter self built cat

i could use some help with info to intergrate my simrad halo/navico radar into opencpn. the dome is operating normally according to it's own devise, a flashing light mounted on the aft of the dome. flashing very slowly. all good there.

i have installed the most recent opencpn and i think the plugin was 5.2. i will verify that in a few minutes.

i had to extend the cable supplied by navico and was very careful to insure the pins were the same as supllied.

i could find no relevant info on "connection" in tools.

i turn on power for radar and click on the radar icon on toolbar and i get a popup window demanding to select radar. i tick "halo A" but it won't accept it and i never get a radar screen or overlay....

is there a simple thing i am missing here???????????

cheers
bob
tcpbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 10:49   #95

bob..
I suggest your start to read the manual. Not less "Hardware installation Navico" and "Operation".
Old 10-04-2023, 12:45   #96

first of all thank you for your reply. i stuffed up in that i meant to start a new thread rather than intrude into yours. i admit being rusty at this.

i have read all the material you provided links for (thanking you) before and still am in irons over this. i did my homework and if the solution for my problem was in it, i did not get it or i have a unique problem. my ambition is to get it working in simplest fashion and then tidy up. in regard to that i have not installed a switch, and have no idea where to get something like that in st martin anyway. and supplying a compass heading is also over my head for the moment.

so far i have not been able to achieve a display of any kind and that is my hurdle.

i have had a chance to confirm the version of my plugin and it is "radar-pi 5.0.4-OV50 win32.exe"... the most current one available. i went to opencpn.org to check.

if there is a step or process i missed it wasn't out of laziness.

there was one thing i remember about a link to a blog on the manual info that discussed the actual wiring of the ethernet connector that may be different from the factory item... but the blog has been deleted.

i have an anchorage to make inquiry to as well but i have a high regard for this forum so started here. it is rare for me to be stumped like this. i built my boat including all instrumental wiring and have sailed frrom south pacific to caribbean without a problem... until this.

cheers
bob
Old 12-04-2023, 10:58   #97

bob..
A few quesions:
What's your system, Win, Linux, Mac??
What OCPN version do you have?
What radar_p version?

Lets start with the IP-connection.
If you connect the RJ45 - IP-plug to the PC when the radar antenna has power, does the PC sees a network?
On windows you should a see something like "Unknown network - No internet".
If not no radar plugin can work.

Try:
- disable any firewalls
- switch your IP-cable to be a crossover connection. Either by a re-connection of the RJ45 or a crossover cable in between. (With a switch this is automatically solved)
Old 12-04-2023, 13:53   #98

Boat: KMY Stadtship 56

There are now new packages in the Beta catalog for a final test of radar_pi v5.5.0-beta4 before O 5.8 is released; please try the OpenCPN 5.7 RC version with this.

On Debian 11 and Ubuntu 22.04 the OpenCPN program now uses a backport of wxWidgets 3.2.2. Due to an ABI change between wx 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 the 5.5.0-beta4 needs to be paired with OpenCPN 5.7.5 (and not 5.7.1). OpenCPN 5.7.5 can be found in the production PPA.
merrimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2023, 13:54   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcpbob View Post
first of all thank you for your reply. i stuffed up in that i meant to start a new thread rather than intrude into yours. i admit being rusty at this.

i have read all the material you provided links for (thanking you) before and still am in irons over this. i did my homework and if the solution for my problem was in it, i did not get it or i have a unique problem. my ambition is to get it working in simplest fashion and then tidy up. in regard to that i have not installed a switch, and have no idea where to get something like that in st martin anyway. and supplying a compass heading is also over my head for the moment.

so far i have not been able to achieve a display of any kind and that is my hurdle.

i have had a chance to confirm the version of my plugin and it is "radar-pi 5.0.4-OV50 win32.exe"... the most current one available. i went to opencpn.org to check.

if there is a step or process i missed it wasn't out of laziness.

there was one thing i remember about a link to a blog on the manual info that discussed the actual wiring of the ethernet connector that may be different from the factory item... but the blog has been deleted.

i have an anchorage to make inquiry to as well but i have a high regard for this forum so started here. it is rare for me to be stumped like this. i built my boat including all instrumental wiring and have sailed frrom south pacific to caribbean without a problem... until this.

cheers
bob
As I mentioned in your separate thread the plugin did not support HALO in v5.0.4 which is three years old. You are using the outdated installation method for plugins.
Old 12-04-2023, 14:24   #100

hakan... a few answers in order of questions;

win OS
opencpn version 5.6.2

"radar-pi 5.0.4-OV50 win32.exe"

the PC sees nothing

in response to "try";
i found "windows defender" firewalls and turned them off and rebooted the OS. that was no help though it did sound like a good idea.
on clicking the radar icon on the menu bar (it does have the icon) a small window pops up that gives the radar i have already selected, (navico halo A) and it's serial number and ip address. under that it says "required opencpn option" and then in grey states; accelerated graphics (open gl) with a tick box indicated that is already selected.
then there are two buttons, one is "select radar types", which is already done and "hide radar" which is not my ambition.

that is what i got. a little background, i never-ever connect this operating system to the web so no outside interference is possible. never have... never will.

if i try to exit out of that little window it just pops right back up until i click "hide radar" or shut down.

the question i have is... is there a wiring change to the cable for using opencpn V navico display? thus far i have preserved the original wiring set up on the 8 pin ethernet plug though i did lengthen the cable. i took great care in the splice and am having a mate that is a pro electrics guy over tomorrow to check my work. just to make sure...

if you can spot a problem i will be grateful!

thanks for your attention to this
cheers
bob
Old 12-04-2023, 17:07   #101

If you have a serial number and a IP address you are connected so the PC must see a network connection!
Please read and follow merrimac's advises.
Old 14-04-2023, 02:10   #102

Radar plugin not listed in Options/Plugins in OpenCPN

I am running Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. I have installed OpenCPN using
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common sudo add-apt-repository ppapencpn/opencpn sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install opencpn

Installed opencpn is 5.8.0

Starting opencpn and going to Options/Plugins and updating the
plugin Catalog to "Last change 2023-04-06.

No radar plugin is listed in Plugin Catalog.
What is wrong?
Drott II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2023, 03:53   #103

Drott..
Radar plugin for O v5.8 will soon be available of catalog master. Meanwhile you can test the version 5.5.0-beta4. That's the same as would be available from master.
To get the beta version you have to change to catalog "beta" using "Settings.." and then update catalog beta.

If you haven't done that before you have to close OCPN and edit the config file, opencpn.conf, and add a row in [Plugins], like this:

[PlugIns]
CatalogExpert=1

Save and close the file and restart O.

As also described if you click "Settings...".

Good luck.
Old 15-04-2023, 06:05   #104

Boat: Woods Mira 35 Catamaran

Quote:
Drott..
Radar plugin for O v5.8 will soon be available of catalog master. Meanwhile you can test the version 5.5.0-beta4. That's the same as would be available from master.
To get the beta version you have to change to catalog "beta" using "Settings.." and then update catalog beta.

If you haven't done that before you have to close OCPN and edit the config file, opencpn.conf, and add a row in [Plugins], like this:

[PlugIns]
CatalogExpert=1

Save and close the file and restart O.

As also described if you click "Settings...".

Good luck.
I just followed this. Works fine for our 4G.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 15-04-2023, 15:23   #105

Alrighty, Dave has just published the radar v5.5.0 version to the master catalog, so you no longer need to go to the trouble of enabling the Beta catalog!

I just verified this on macOS.

Tags
lease, plug, plugin, radar