Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2020, 01:54   #346

Boat: Ovni 385
Re: Radar plugin v5.0.0 released

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsail View Post
Hi
Only minor bug/problem are when using the ppi window all Ais targets after howering over the first Ais tatrget shows that target for every target on the screen......Happens on booth raspberry and Dell.
When using overlay and no ppi window Ais is working as it should.
Is this a setting or a bug?
Johan
Are you using already the new version 5.0.4? The problem you mention should be solved there. For the location of the new software see the posts of merrimac earlier in this thread.

Douwe
Douwe Fokkema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2020, 01:56   #347

Boat: Ovni 385

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrybas View Post
Well this may sound even more stupid then: Can I connect connect the Ethernet cable from my Mac to the H5000 CPU?
I tried this using 192.168.0.2 as the address for the network connection, but it did not work.
Am I doing something dumb?

If you want to build a local network you better use a router.
Douwe Fokkema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2020, 01:56   #348

Boat: Najad 34

Johan..
Quote:
Only minor bug/problem are when using the ppi window all Ais targets after howering over the first Ais tatrget shows that target for every target on the screen......Happens on booth raspberry and Dell.

Yes I can confirm that on O V5.0 and radar_pi 5.0.1.
When using what will be next O release and latest radar_pi it's not there anymore.
On your Dell: Please update radar_pi and check. https://opencpn.org/OpenCPN/plugins/radarPI.html
If that helps on O V 5.0 ask Saillog to update radar_pi on Openplotter.
If not you've to wait for next OCPN release. (Sorry)
Håkan
Hakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2020, 19:09   #349

I will raise the topic about the PPI radar window
I would like to see functionality in the future
1. Open the window to full screen, minimize, full-screen mode as in regular windows
2. Attach the menu bar to the Menu button and make the menu window on top of all windows. When PPI is located on the second screen, the menu remains on the first screen, and if you drag it to the second screen, it opens under the PPI window
3. Standalone mode for the PPI radar window where the control menu would be located in the PPI window itself. Make a panel with rights with switches and controls
Baikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:59   #350

MIBS2020: Koden MDS-11R RADARpc
https://www.panbo.com/mibs2020-koden...x-gallery-0/0/
Baikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:51   #351

Boat: CWorker 4 ASV

Hi All,

I just obtained a Halo 20+ that I plan to install and integrate into an unmanned boat. As a first test, I got it setup in my office and tried to build OpenCPN as well as the radar plugin from github.

The build fails when a header can't be found:

opencpn/plugins/radar_pi/src/ocpn_plugin.h:48:10: fatal error: wxSVG/svg.h: No such file or directory

I'm on a PC running Ubuntu 18.04 so my first instinct was to look for and install a wxsvg package. Seems like it's available for later version of Ubuntu but I did find that it comes with OpenCPN in the libs directory.

That probably means I have something miss-configured with CMake, or that a cmake file needs updating to support my configuration.

Before I start hacking away at cmake files, is there something simple I'm missing?

Thanks,

Roland
rolker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:02   #352

Since few hour is published in PPA
https://launchpad.net/~opencpn/+archive/ubuntu/opencpn/+sourcepub/11036856/+listing-archive-extra
BlackSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:00   #353

Boat: KMY Stadtship 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolker View Post
Hi All,

I just obtained a Halo 20+ that I plan to install and integrate into an unmanned boat.

Sigh. Why would you? Or is this some crazy Uni project?

Quote:

As a first test, I got it setup in my office and tried to build OpenCPN as well as the radar plugin from github.

opencpn/plugins/radar_pi/src/ocpn_plugin.h:48:10: fatal error: wxSVG/svg.h: No such file or directory

I'm on a PC running Ubuntu 18.04 so my first instinct was to look for and install a wxsvg package. Seems like it's available for later version of Ubuntu but I did find that it comes with OpenCPN in the libs directory.

That probably means I have something miss-configured with CMake, or that a cmake file needs updating to support my configuration.

Before I start hacking away at cmake files, is there something simple I'm missing?

Thanks,

Roland

Have you actually read our build instructions? In particular this:

You will need the general preconditions for building OpenCPN from http://opencpn.org/ocpn/developers_manual .
merrimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:29   #354

Boat: KMY Stadtship 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Johan..

Yes I can confirm that on O V5.0 and radar_pi 5.0.1.
When using what will be next O release and latest radar_pi it's not there anymore.
On your Dell: Please update radar_pi and check. https://opencpn.org/OpenCPN/plugins/radarPI.html
If that helps on O V 5.0 ask Saillog to update radar_pi on Openplotter.
If not you've to wait for next OCPN release. (Sorry)
Håkan
This is not correct, as Douwe Fokkema wrote above it is fixed in 5.0.4 of the plugin. Upgrade to that please.
merrimac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:02   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrimac View Post
Sigh. Why would you?
To keep our robot boat from bumping into things! I didn't realize the reason would be relevant to building OpenCPN and the plugin.

Quote:
Or is this some crazy Uni project?
Why yes it is!

Quote:
Have you actually read our build instructions?
Yes, I actually have read the build instructions. In fact, I had everything building fine a few months ago but when I recently pulled from the repos, cleared my cmake cache, and tried to build, it no longer builds cleanly. I just checked the instructions again, and I'm not finding anything relevant.

I was just wondering if a recent change might not have been tested on my configuration or if I was missing something.

Quote:
In particular this:

You will need the general preconditions for building OpenCPN from http://opencpn.org/ocpn/developers_manual .
I'm not sure, that link is dead to me.

Anyway, I'll keep on studying the CMakeLists.txt files to see if I'm missing something obvious. Thanks for your reply.
Old 03-03-2020, 10:04   #356

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSea View Post
Thanks, but I'm hoping to mess with the source a bit to see if I can figure out more of the radar's advanced features.
Old 03-03-2020, 13:00   #357

In case someone else runs into this same issue, I did get the code building by adding

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(../../libs/wxsvg/include)

to

plugins/radar_pi/CMakeLists.txt

It's a hack (unless this actually needs to be added in some cases, then it's the beginning of the right solution), but allows the code to build until a better solution is found.
Old 04-03-2020, 13:50   #358

Boat: spray 45

Hi
I can confirm that the problem with ais and ppi windows are gone in running 5.04 (both in openplotter and on a dell xps13 running linux mint).
As always you guys rocks!!

Thanks

Johan
jlsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 14:02   #359

Boat: Najad 34

Johan..
Very good!
And thanks to @saillog and @bdbcat for updating the PPA for OpenPlotter
Hakan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 20:33   #360

Boat: Cape Barren Goose 37ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolker View Post
Hi All,

I just obtained a Halo 20+ that I plan to install and integrate into an unmanned boat. As a first test, I got it setup in my office and tried to build OpenCPN as well as the radar plugin from github.

Thanks,

Roland
Along with the Halo Radar you will need to integrate a magnetic heading sensor such as the Lowrance Point-1 (which also has gps). This is connected and powered up via a nmea 2000 cable into whatever display the radar gets connected to. Otherwise targets are not able to be tracked and the radar will not overlay a chart.
The Point-1 is the least expensive and more than adequate option as a heading sensor with the bonus of gps. Don't forget to calibrate this once mounted on your vessel.

Tags
lease, plug, radar