Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2018, 04:16   #16

Boat: Jeanneau SO 32I
Re: [Raspberry] BUG - touchscreen drag back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello Pinguino,

You said that you habe a tablet under Ubuntu ?

What kind of tablet is it ?

Thank by advance. Gilletarom
Asus transformer T100HA.

Also Toshiba satellite L10W-B-10.. is not a tablet but have a touch screen and it works even better with Ubuntu Bionic.
pinguino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 06:40   #17

Boat: 10.50 mètres

Hello Pinguino,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinguino View Post
Asus transformer T100HA.
Also Toshiba satellite L10W-B-10.. is not a tablet but have a touch screen and it works even better with Ubuntu Bionic.
I suppose you have formatted the hard drive and install linux on these machines because, to my knowledge, at least here in France, they are sold with Windows. Or, maybe you have installed linux by creating a partition of the hard drive.
Gilletarom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 11:29   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilletarom View Post
Hello Pinguino,

I suppose you have formatted the hard drive and install linux on these machines because, to my knowledge, at least here in France, they are sold with Windows. Or, maybe you have installed linux by creating a partition of the hard drive.
Off course. Dual Boot in the Asus.
Old 30-01-2018, 00:37   #19
Goj

Hi Pinguino,

Thank you for the details....

What do you mean please by :

" To top it all off, if instead of Xorg you use wayland (not easily available for Rpi) the drag and pan works perfectly well as the toolbar, but instead the Maximize and Minimize buttons do not. "
Goj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2018, 04:00   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goj View Post
Hi Pinguino,

Thank you for the details....

What do you mean please by :

" To top it all off, if instead of Xorg you use wayland (not easily available for Rpi) the drag and pan works perfectly well as the toolbar, but instead the Maximize and Minimize buttons do not. "
Both Xorg and wayland are, in the Linux environment, the part that takes care that instead of seeing a lot of text data leaving a console we have that world of windows, dialogs, text boxes and images with which we can interact through the mouse.

Xorg is the oldest and most settled of both. Therefore, practically all the software created for Linux is designed to work with the Xorg graphics system.

Since Xorg already has several decades behind him and in terms of security and effectiveness is becoming obsolete is being created for several years now in another graphic environment called wayland.

The problem is that, like everything new, it take a long time for it to become widespread until it is welcomed by the community of developers and users. It's hard enough to write a tool like OCpn that works correctly under Xorg to have to run well in wayland at the same time. But until we migrate to wayland, the dilemma will always be there. It's the whiting tail.

To try to solve this problem, transition tools have been created to try to make the old software written to run on Xorg run on wayland and for that reason in modern operating systems like Ubuntu or Fedora you have the option of being able to log in under Xorg or under wayland.
Unfortunately, wayland is not yet supported in Raspbian and so you can't log in to raspbian under the wayland graphical environment.

As a curious fact, note that in the old Xorg plus touchscreen is where OCpn fails and yet it is in the new wayland plus touchscreen where it works well, just the opposite of expected. Although that yes, under Xorg the resizing of windows, OCpn plus touchscreen works well under Xorg while in wayland does not. You must use a keyboard shortcut or connect a mouse. Blow cold and hot at the same time.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:39   #21

With the new update of OCpn 4.8.2 has slightly improved the touch screen support in Ubuntu.
After checking the "activate touchscreen interface" checkbox, it seems that the touch and drag does not behave erratically but there is still some small business to be polished.

When choosing "measure", the cursor does not appear and it is impossible to measure with the touch screen. However, you can create routes.

We've won something.

Tags
screen