Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-05-2024, 17:08   #16

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Route Properties Bug (5.6.0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearson 39-II View Post
Rgleason, the part I do not understand in example 4 of the manual is "Append a route with a waypoint that you drop onto the route itself. Click “Yes” to the append question. The route will be circular now and go round twice. "

What? If I create a route of, say 4 waypoints, almost a closed triangle, but not closed. Then I right click away from the route and select "drop mark" I cannot get that dropped mark to interact with the route, even by dragging it to the and over the route, and there never is any append question. Could you please rephrase what the writer actually means? How does one "append a route with a waypoint?

If instead I hover cursor over the route, comprised of waypoints 001-004, , right click, and choose "append waypoint" then left ciick past waypoint 001 and on the first route leg I can then get a waypoint 005 appended to the route and on route properties it shows it follows wpt 004. The route is now sort of circular, but it does not replicate wpts 001-004 to go twice around and there was never an "append question". What am I missing here, please?

Sorry I am on overload right now trying to get the manual updated others will have to respond.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rope, route