Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > OpenCPN
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-11-2014, 03:24   #1

S63-Charts Netherland / Ijsselmeer

Hi guys,

I just try to find out how I can use openCPN for my needs. One point is that I want to use vector-charts for my main sailing-area which is the Netherlands and the Ijsselmeer in particular.

I know that there are S57-charts available for free (I already tested them within openCPN), unfortunately these charts do not contain depth-data.

So I'm looking for S63-Charts for this area, but I only found proprietary charts offered by Navionics for example.

Does anybody know where to get non-proprietary S63-charts for the region mentioned above?

regards
Karl
Kuddelmuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2014, 04:30   #2

Boat: Halmatic 30
Re: S63-Charts Netherland / Ijsselmeer

Good afternoon,

In Europa ENC charts for the inland waterways will be supplied for the shipping free of charge.

The charts sets are not yet completed. But the charts of the Delta Area and Westerschelde to Antwerp are already available in a high resolution (6).

The charts for the Ijsselmeer and the Waddenzee are also available but not in the highest resolution. Rijkswaterstaat informed me that they are working on it.

The charts can be downloaded from:

ENC - Fairway Information Services

The charts of the Delta area are very detailed and are updated almost every fortnight.

Groet uit Zeeland,

Bram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuddelmuddel View Post
Hi guys,

I just try to find out how I can use openCPN for my needs. One point is that I want to use vector-charts for my main sailing-area which is the Netherlands and the Ijsselmeer in particular.

I know that there are S57-charts available for free (I already tested them within openCPN), unfortunately these charts do not contain depth-data.

So I'm looking for S63-Charts for this area, but I only found proprietary charts offered by Navionics for example.

Does anybody know where to get non-proprietary S63-charts for the region mentioned above?

regards
Karl
verkerkbr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts