Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-11-2022, 07:07   #1

Silent network install of OpenCPN

Hi there, I work in IT at a community college in Canada. We have faculty that use this software to some extent (I don't know how or why it's used). They're looking to have the software made available in our company portal. I'm wondering if there is any information or guide about deploying this software over a network. I haven't been able to find any information about this, so it may not be possible to do a silent install. Thanks in advance.
RichterFry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2022, 07:25   #2

Boat: Phantom 19
Re: Silent network install of OpenCPN

You do not say what OS you are using, but the installer does nothing but deploy the files (For example on Windows to C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN), so to achieve unattended deployment using whichever method you use to orchestrate your installations, simply copy the files to the target machine (And if needed create eg. shortcuts to start it).
nohal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2022, 08:17   #3

Re: Silent network install of OpenCPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohal View Post
You do not say what OS you are using, but the installer does nothing but deploy the files (For example on Windows to C:\Program Files (x86)\OpenCPN), so to achieve unattended deployment using whichever method you use to orchestrate your installations, simply copy the files to the target machine (And if needed create eg. shortcuts to start it).
Ah! I didn't realize that. I'll test that out. We run Windows 10.
RichterFry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, opencpn, work