Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-06-2019, 04:24   #601

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop
Re: Tactics Plugin

Ron and Canne,
Ron - I responded to a post via reply, of course it bounced. I am lookiing forward to using Simulator.

Canne - Tested new version 2hrs. Found no problems. Looks good. Would you like it on the Web Downloads page as Dashboard-Tactics? Should Dashboard be uninstalled or can they coexist? BTW-There is no uninstalldashboard.exe in the windows opencpn program directory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (181).jpg
Views:	68
Size:	421.0 KB
ID:	194064  
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 13:33   #602

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSouthworth View Post
<snip>...Re the testing plugin
I have basically a proof of concept for the simulator plugin...I will upload to the repo this PoC point shortly</snip>
Hi Ron, I fetched your PoC commit and tested it on Win10 Ov50. I got it running! Or almost, there were two major issues: a) in run-time I still got this disappearing dialog issue I already reported but I managed to get it under control when executing using opencpn.exe as debugger(!): here, every time I clicked somewhere else than on the dialog, the window went hiding behind the O main screen! Once restored on the front, I managed to get it running, but b) the font is totally unreadable so I have no idea what I am clicking. See below screenshot.

Name:	2019-06-17_Simulator_pi_win10_ov50.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	229.6 KB
ID:	194114

Great job, it can be seen from your screenshots! I am looking forward to use it in some unit tests of active instruments of Tactics. Keep on committing into your repository as often as you like!
Canne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 14:12   #603

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Canne - Tested new version 2hrs. Found no problems. Looks good.
Thanks Rick! I really appreciate your commitment to testing. It is unbelievable what you are doing with all those plugins out there!
Quote:
Would you like it on the Web Downloads page as Dashboard-Tactics?
Of course, but let's wait if Aedan has time to test the released version - I am worried of not being able to reproduce his crash condition. After that, I will need to make release number similar to Dashboard's, maybe the same, v1.2 (?)
Quote:
Should Dashboard be uninstalled or can they coexist?
They are totally compatible (v1.2) and there is no harm to have both - the only issue I've found is that O forgets the instrument window positions when closing O with Dashboard-Tactics windows and then reopening with Dashboard - and vice versa. One need to reorganize positions. I know the solution for this but I don't want to impersonate and pretend to O being "Dashboard": It is better to instruct people using Dashboard-Tactics to disable Dashboard - and vice versa.
Quote:
BTW-There is no uninstalldashboard.exe in the windows opencpn program directory.
That's strange, I've tested a few times install and uninstall the AppVeyor generated exe and it did not fail. Did you take from release this exe or used your own generated one?
Old 17-06-2019, 15:19   #604

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canne View Post
That's strange, I've tested a few times install and uninstall the AppVeyor generated exe and it did not fail. Did you take from release this exe or used your own generated one?

Canne, I am talking about the internal "Dashboard.dll" and files, but I will check my other installations of O.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 17:11   #605

Great job, it can be seen from your screenshots! I am looking forward to use it in some unit tests of active instruments of Tactics. Keep on committing into your repository as often as you like![/QUOTE]

Thanks Canne,

I have a thread on the forum talking about test stuff....

I will put future stuff there about it so the flow on tactics insn’t impacted too much some excellent stuff in the making.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ng-216561.html

Re the latest version of the dashboard tactics plugin, they do reside happily on macOS as well.

I can make it crash by trying to add an additional panel to the dashboard tactics plugin otherwise it is happy. I think you are aware of this issue.

The importing feature worked well for me on the first version and not at all well on this version.

Otherwise they work side by side as Rick has indicated. Further stuff Once I have the test suite set up so things can be turned on and off on it.

Rick I think a how to configure might be a handy thing to develop, something i will be creating more notes on. I am looking at the plugin list at the moment so i will advise at the end of the day how many i found will compile and look ok.

I know the development team are working on sorting out ways to work around wxWidiget colour schemes and cross platform issues, hopefully what that equates to can be filtered down as a recommended colour pallet set. The difference in behaviour between windows and macOS is quite noticeable just from screen shots, mac to linux does differ. I need to test more on linux to gain a concept of how different it is.

Thankfully Rick and Canne you have the dashboard to template the U/I on.

the config pages seem easy to read on macOS thus far. I will have a look at the settings and amend my plugin coding to the same and see if that helps things.

Great work and thanks so much for it, the plugin is really shaping up to be more useful again.

/Ron
RonSouthworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2019, 19:08   #606

Canne and Rick

A Screen pic of the plugins all working happily side by side on MacOS

The App & True wind gauge works in the dashboard and tactics plugin but not in the dashboard_tactics plugin with both emulated instrument configurations I have here on macOS.

Applied angle and speed no waypoint info except when tactics mark is selected. Both tactic’s setting selections are the same. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5308.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	411.7 KB
ID:	194139

I am only using both plugin laylines using the dashboard_tactics plugin for all other messaging and display.

Hope this is helpful...

/Ron

Name:	IMG_5307.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	194138

Name:	IMG_5306.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	406.6 KB
ID:	194137
Old 17-06-2019, 19:24   #607

As a follow up the dashboard plugin app wind spd and dir some times works

Rick will be happy to see as an aside the AIS radar package from his repo looks good.

Name:	IMG_5309.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	194140
Old 17-06-2019, 22:14   #608

2 What If's
Old 17-06-2019, 22:16   #609

Thumbs up Re: Tactics Plugin

fuel's possibilities two tactic's points
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2Tactics.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	421.5 KB
ID:	194155  
Old 18-06-2019, 00:50   #610

Boat: Nauticat 32

Has anyone noticed the moon phase in Dashboard is wrong? I'm clearly looking at a full moon tonight. Is this just me on my Mac?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 10.22.50 AM.png
Views:	59
Size:	376.0 KB
ID:	194168  
SCarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2019, 02:07   #611

Quote:
Canne, I am talking about the internal "Dashboard.dll" and files...
Rick, I am not reinventing the wheel but like all plugins that I am aware of I use NSIS-installer in my AppVeoyr build for Windows release. You can find the installer .exe from this v0.2.003 release page. Once executed, it creates:

Name:	2019-06-18_plugin-dll.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	194169

Name:	2019-06-18_plugin-dir.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	194170

Name:	2019-06-18_uninstall.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	194171
The uninstaller does a good job by removing all the above. The Dashboard-Tactics installer/uninstaller does not touch any Dashboard.* file or directory, of course.
Old 18-06-2019, 02:10   #612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nereus32 View Post
Has anyone noticed the moon phase in Dashboard is wrong? I'm clearly looking at a full moon tonight.
Is this a VDR-playback or your boat's instruments?
Old 18-06-2019, 02:14   #613

Quote:
fuel's possibilities two tactic's points
You are running both Tactics and Dashboard-Tactics. To avoid clash between the two, the name of the temporary waypoint in Dashboard-Tactics has been renamed. So you can effectively have both, enjoy!
Old 18-06-2019, 02:25   #614

Quote:
I can make it crash by trying to add an additional panel to the dashboard tactics plugin otherwise it is happy. I think you are aware of this issue.
No, I am not aware of this issue. But I am willing to fix it. Can you please explain a bit more, perhaps with a screenshot so that I can attempt to reproduce the issue.

Quote:
The importing feature worked well for me on the first version and not at all well on this version.
If you use the same ini-file, the Tactics parameters import to Dashboard is proposed only once. The troublesome ini- or conf-file with a short comment what went wrong would be useful, thanks! (The import-feature has not evolved from the first-ever alpha version, so I am bit confused why it would break now.)

Quote:
Otherwise they work side by side as Rick has indicated.
Like already mentioned, Dashboard-Tactics is a Dashboard with added Tactics instruments. It is not a replacement of Tactics plugin. You can use both if you like.
Old 18-06-2019, 02:32   #615

Quote:
The App & True wind gauge works in the dashboard and tactics plugin but not in the dashboard_tactics plugin
Dashboard-Tactics is a fork of Dashboard v1.2 from the O main repository. This instruments comes from Dashboard. Therefore I am bit puzzled why the issue occurs this way, maybe something in the NMEA sentence interpretation? Maybe in Tactics you have TW calculations set up and in Dashboard-Tactics not (they don't share the settings)? Since I cannot reproduce the error with recorded files, I reckon I need to get the simulator running before I can tell the reason.

Tags
plug