Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2020, 22:09   #1

Boat: Lightwave 45
Updates? V5

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/bdbc...uild/artifacts

I used to go to this site, to download beta updates, while the next official release is being worked on before release.

It appears that there is still huge work going on (thank you so much!), with many pull requests being addressed and improvements made. However, it seems that no artifacts (exe files) are being posted.

Do I need to look elsewhere to download updates, or just be patient until downloads are available?

Thanx guys
Tim
Karanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 23:23   #2
bcn

Boat: Rangeboat 39
Re: Updates? V5

Tim..

go here:
https://cloudsmith.io/~david-registe...able/packages/
bcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 16:33   #3

Hi Dave
Thank you for your prompt reply.
I promptly downloaded what was then the most recent exe file I could find.
I decided to install this, with current settings, when in some remote location without Internet (brave or foolish?).
When I ran it, it told me all of my plugins were not compatible. I ended up with no maps and in the middle of nowhere.
Fortunately I still had an older installation file, which I ran and it restored me to full functionality.
I totally understand that the beta or development versions might be unstable or have some issues. I didn't expect such a wipeout.

The file I downloaded on 5th January was opencpn-mingw_5.0.522+1.0575fa0_setup.exe
Obviously there have been several updates since then, and I could download the latest. But I am now a little nervous that I may have got the wrong format, or I have done something else wrong.
Thank you so much for your continued input to this brilliant software.
Tim
Old 07-01-2020, 17:21   #4
Marine Service Provider

Karanga....

As we have said numerous times:

1. The images offered by the ci (continuous integration) workflow are snapshots of underway active development, from the unstable master branch. They are intended for advanced users in a lab environment as we road test some new features and functions. Definitely not recommended for installation on a live daily driver. They are inherently unstable, may be completely unusable, and may eat all of the cheese in your house.

2. You will know when an active Beta test program starts, by finding the Beta test thread on this Forum as you have in the past. There is no Beta test program underway now. Probably start in a month or so.

3. The only Version recommended for daily use may be found on the opencpn.org website, and nowhere else.

Thanks
Dave
bdbcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 18:25   #5

Dave
Thank you for the reply.
I am now much better educated and suitably chastised (in the nicest possible way!)
Ha ha
I will wait for more complete beta versions to be posted, after you guys have slaved away, for our benefit.
Tim