Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2022, 07:52   #1516

Boat: Najad 34
Re: WeatherFax ...

@rgleason
Thanks for your response and sorry for my absence. Been out with the boat.
We haven't made any serious tweaks to the PCs where this problem occurs. We may make a try tomorrow since I'm in the neighborhood now. I'll revert.
It strange though on my two other Win's overlay is working as it should even with the old coordinateSets.xml remaining at the old location.

We'll follow your hints and report back.
Thanks
Håkan
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 09:02   #1517

Boat: 1981 Bristol 32 Sloop

Actually Hakan, I would completely uninstall weatherfax from inside the PIM and remove the programdata/opencpn/plugins/weatherfax/ if it still exists (it shouldn't).

Then try reinstallation. But hold on a bit! Tonight I will upload a new version to the master catalog.
rgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 18:42   #1518

Sorry, too tired to do the new version tonight. Tomorrow morning I will do it.
Old 04-06-2022, 00:51   #1519

OK, we'll wait.
We tried on a Win10 where all directories are cleaned from Weathrefax.
Installed the Beta version 1.9.32.1. No overlay! It goes direct to the "detailed" window and don't list the file in "Weather Fax" window as it does on my own Win10.
Once a new version is available we will of course try again.
Thanks
Håkan
Old 04-06-2022, 11:49   #1520

Hakan, I've pushed weatherfax_pi 1.9.33.0 up to both the PIM "master" catalog and "Beta" catalog.

After Dave merges them, please from within PIM "uninstall" weatherfax_pi.
Then close Opencpn and check to make sure that
  • C:\ProgramData\opencpn\plugins\weatherfax no longer exists.
  • %localappdata%\opencpn\plugins\weatherfax (same as below)
  • C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\opencpn\plugins\weat herfax no longer exists
Then start OpenCPN again and install weatherfax 1.9.33 and "enable"

This will install xml files to
  • C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\opencpn\plugins\weat herfax_pi\data
  • and updated CoordinateSets.xml and User_CoordinateSets.xml to C:\ProgramData\opencpn\plugins\weatherfax
Retrieve > Internet should then work as expected without having to use the "Image Wizard"!!
Old 05-06-2022, 04:21   #1521

Picture overlay by 1.9.33 from catalog master is now working on all tested Win10. Very good!

My Win10, where overlay was also working before, now show a message every first time I start WF after a OCPN restart. See shot. After closing the message WF is working as expected.
I've uninstalled WF, cleaned out all three plugin directories and the config file from WF related info. Installed again v 1.9.33 and still the same message.
Do you have any clue where it comes from?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	weatherf.png
Views:	44
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	258976  
Old 05-06-2022, 04:49   #1522
IOM

I get the same error as well.
Also noted the following
1 when trying to index a picture , the red cross hairs came up for the top block, they now come up for the bottom block and vice vers for the green cross hairs. so the red cross hairs default to the green tables if that makes sense
2 There is no HF SSB schedule for South Africa anymore.

Would it be possible to add lat long next to the blocks that should contain lat, and long respectivly. I made an assumption the top block is Lat and the bottom one is long.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-06-05 13_39_33-.png
Views:	42
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	258977  
IOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 05:20   #1523

Boat: crowther trimaran 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
Picture overlay by 1.9.33 from catalog master is now working on all tested Win10. Very good!

My Win10, where overlay was also working before, now show a message every first time I start WF after a OCPN restart. See shot. After closing the message WF is working as expected.
I've uninstalled WF, cleaned out all three plugin directories and the config file from WF related info. Installed again v 1.9.33 and still the same message.
Check the xml file that defines the schedule... it may be the last schedule in a list must list the duration.
seandepagnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 07:15   #1524

I am getting these messages too. I believe it is due to some xml coding in weatherfaxschedule.xml which I updated. I am not yet sure exactly what part of the coding causes this. I have managed to eliminate the message from one or two lines. It's going to take some trial and error to eliminate it I guess.

LATER: Thank you Sean It would have taken awhile to figure out.
Quote:
Check the xml file that defines the schedule... it may be the last schedule in a list must list the duration.
Sean: If I don't know the duration do I just use 20 minutes? Will fix next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post

"Picture overlay by 1.9.33 from catalog master is now working on all tested Win10. Very good!"
Good wfax image overlay is automatic. What was necessary to get this working in your judgement?
Old 05-06-2022, 07:39   #1525

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOM View Post
I get the same error as well.
Also noted the following
1 when trying to index a picture , the red cross hairs came up for the top block, they now come up for the bottom block and vice vers for the green cross hairs. so the red cross hairs default to the green tables if that makes sense
2 There is no HF SSB schedule for South Africa anymore.

Would it be possible to add lat long next to the blocks that should contain lat, and long respectivly. I made an assumption the top block is Lat and the bottom one is long.
Your assumption is correct. Lat first, Long second.
You can use green or red for either, but best to have red for upper right and green for lower left for Mercator projections. You have to learn how to use the tool!

"Would it be possible to add lat long next to the blocks that should contain lat, and long respectively."
Sure but the window would get wider and we don't want that.
What I would like is for the size and positions of menus to be remembered between uses.

Re HF SSB - No. there is none in the NOAA Worldwide Directory either. Things change.
Old 05-06-2022, 08:21   #1526
IOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgleason View Post
Re HF SSB - No. there is none in the NOAA Worldwide Directory either. Things change.

They are definitely transmitting, I recieve them here regularly, (with OpenCPN and Airmail)and the fax transmission (time, mode etc)listing is still in the latest 2022 edition of official marine lights and radio book .

There was a NTM quite a few months ago, that they were not transmitting because of a faulty transmitted, but that has been repaired and the signal is now clear.
IOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 12:05   #1527

Well I asked about this and got no repsonse. If you can provide an updated source and url, and schedule I will try to update it. As I said Noaa no longer has it in their worldwide listing and that is what we refer to.

Better yet. Provide me with the xml code to add the stations. You can attach here or make a new issue and upload it. Or you can even make a PR. Thanks
Old 05-06-2022, 12:37   #1528

Quote:
Good wfax image overlay is automatic. What was necessary to get this working in your judgement?
I don't know what was changed for 1.9.33. It is just working on my friend's PC after the upgrade.
Old 05-06-2022, 15:58   #1529

For me it doesn't work too. WIN 10. Since the last update of open cpn weatherfax doesn't work properly anymore. Sometimes charts appear, sometimes not. Chatrs will be loaded, but don't appear on the screen. I have the same error message as mentioned above. Charts from DWD don't work, there are multiple choices that seem to be the same, but they dont work not at all. What happened? Weatherfax always was a good tool, but now it is a simple malfunction.I tried to deinstall and cleaning all directories, but it doesn't work. Same problems again.
Naufragus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 17:14   #1530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naufragus View Post
For me it doesn't work too. WIN 10. Since the last update of open cpn weatherfax doesn't work properly anymore. Sometimes charts appear, sometimes not. Chatrs will be loaded, but don't appear on the screen. I have the same error message as mentioned above. Charts from DWD don't work, there are multiple choices that seem to be the same, but they dont work not at all. What happened? Weatherfax always was a good tool, but now it is a simple malfunction.I tried to deinstall and cleaning all directories, but it doesn't work. Same problems again.

Did you follow these instructions to Hakan?

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...ml#post3634105

Tags
paracelle