Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 17:15   #1

Boat: Lagoon 380 - 38'
Windows 7 - Task Bar

Hello,

I am having a problem with Windows 7 the 64 bit version and OpenCPN 2.5.0. The first time I open OpenCPN it started great. I then used the Minimize button and it went went into the task bar as usual. When I clicked on the icon to bring it back it wouldn't. I right clicked and selected OpenCPN-shortcut and it opens a second window of OpenCPN but in the Task bar. When I hover over the icon it opens a thumbnail of the window(s) but won't expand the window. When I right click Close Window it does. When I double click on the desktop icon it starts in the task bar.

I uninstalled OpenCPN and downloaded it again. The first time I open it, it started fine. When I minimized it the problem starts again.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

Alan
awhughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 21:21   #2

Boat: Dufour 35
Re: Windows 7 - Task Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by awhughes View Post
Hello,

I am having a problem with Windows 7 the 64 bit version and OpenCPN 2.5.0. The first time I open OpenCPN it started great. I then used the Minimize button and it went went into the task bar as usual. When I clicked on the icon to bring it back it wouldn't. I right clicked and selected OpenCPN-shortcut and it opens a second window of OpenCPN but in the Task bar. When I hover over the icon it opens a thumbnail of the window(s) but won't expand the window. When I right click Close Window it does. When I double click on the desktop icon it starts in the task bar.

I uninstalled OpenCPN and downloaded it again. The first time I open it, it started fine. When I minimized it the problem starts again.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

Alan
Known issues with current stable release. | Official OpenCPN Homepage
Well known problem in 2.5. Fixed in current Betas.
Thomas
cagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:23   #3

Boat: Koopmans, 33 ft cutter
Re: Windows 7 - Task Bar

I'm using win7 x64 pro and do not recognize the problems. I can open and minimize OpenCPN 2.50 like a jojo. When I open a second instance of OpenCPN the only " problem" is that it can't connect to the GPS and AIS signal the first instance uses. However, I can give the second instance a different output port of GpsGate and then I have two working instances. I can swap between them with a mouseclick or minimize/open them.
Zoef is offline   Reply With Quote