Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2018, 04:47   #136

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41
Re: Astrea 42: Owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdhdandme View Post
We just received our quote three days ago for the Astrea 42 from ACY and lead time was Oct 2020 if we ordered fairly quickly. We are debating on many items on it, especially since we haven't seen the boat in person yet, but we plan on seeing it in Oct at the boat show">Annapolis Boat Show (if they have it there.)

Thank you to many, especially CaptainJay, for solving a few of our debates right off the bat. This forum is really helping us decide on a lot of items/options as we are very new to sailing, but not to boating. We are also planning on having ours in Chartering in the BVI's but then want to be able to eventually (hopefully) sail around the world with her.
We would be happy to talk to you about management of the boat in the Virgins if your interested.

Jay
captainjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 09:34   #137

Boat: Hanse 320

We have signed for our FP Astrea 42 and anticipate delivery in July 2019. We are placing her in charter until we change to living on her in a few years. We are excited about this adventure.
Docsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 10:51   #138
BKC

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Astrea 42

Hi Docsaw. Congrats on the purchase! Which charter operator are you going with etc and where are you basing her?
Old 19-07-2018, 16:45   #139

Boat: Fountain Pajot, Helia 44 Evolution

Awesome,
Look forward to hearing all about your experiences Let us know the name of the cat and whom you use for management. Then we can let you know what it was like sailing on her when we get a chance.
Nils Gruttner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 18:06   #140

Boat: Hanse 320

Finalizing the details on the charter. Will have it in Rhode Island during the summer and Caribbean in winter (maybe BVI although I do like St. Vincent and Guadeloupe-but may not have as much charter activity.
Any news on the Jack and Jill bathroom arrangement and whether the dividing wall does completely close of the space?
Docsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2018, 19:48   #141
BKC

Hi DocSaw

Great to hear there might be an Astrea so close to home for us. Maybe we should swap some owner time between bases if you fancy more time in other locations? :-)

Your timing on the Jack and Gill bathroom arrangement is perfectly timed (Astrea Central Shared Shower option I.e. 2 heads per hull, with 1 shared shower). So, some shocking news as of today....EVERYBODY ordering an Astrea needs to follow this bit:

1. Hull #1 appeared at LGM show with a visible gap above and below both the partitions and shower doors between both heads. a work in progress? Effectively both heads were not isolated from each other (Think airport bathroom stalls).What??! Some of you decided to change your spec based on what we saw. I immediately reached out to make it clear that would not work for us and was ASSURED that this was simply a prototype and they would, of course, ensure that bathrooms/ shower would be isolated. And I shared that assurance here, hence this interim post...

2. I’ve been chasing since then, having been assured it would be fixed. I simply wanted to see pictures of the finished product (not being nervous in any way that it would actually be solved.)

3. Shockingly, yesterday, I was updated after MONTHS of chasing that there were no changes V’s Hull #1. Was sure this was a mistake? Someone would need to be on drugs to think this would be an ok set up on a boat costing 3/4 million USD?

4. As of today, had a long conversation with my equally frustrated broker, who agreed with me (let alone our assurances) but waiting for pictures of what they are doing from someone senior in production at FP. We both agreed that having a bathroom arrangement reminiscent of a public bathroom facility simply wouldn’t work on a high end charter and would ruin a GREAT innovative idea. Made it clear that we simply won’t be prepared to accept this as a solution. Wondering what on earth they were thinking?? I’m still thinking this must be an error and am sure this will be solved. Or we will change our head spec late on - not an option.

5. Just in case, if you have ordered and Astrea or thinking of doing so, please, please contact your broker TODAY and let them know your Point of view on this. Even if you ordered another configuration as a result of Hull#1’s set up, please let them know so they understand the customer perspective.

Will keep you posted.
Old 25-07-2018, 20:00   #142
BKC

Hey Nils:

You can let me know anytime how the boat handles. Our 1st charter is for 4 weeks and another for 3 weeks shortly after. Despite wanting charters I am definitely slightly jealous that others are getting extended periods on our boat before we do. We hope to get an Xmas set-up/familarisation trip prior to our 1 month charter and then plan a family week aboard the day they get back. Will be a good test of DY operations given that we will top and tail a 4 week first charter.

BTW, I see you are in Hong Kong. I’m in Shanghai next week (I hope). Found out Monday that, unlike HK, Macao and Taiwan, that I needed a visa! Rare these days. Fingers crossed it gets issued at last second.

Regards,
Old 27-07-2018, 06:02   #143

For the people who have new contract for the Astrea,
How do you order the New boat and put down the deposit? Since the boat price might not set for 2020. Is the contract for future price? And how much do you have to put down? Is the deposit goes to Fountain Pajet? Or Dealer's escrow account?
dooleedooroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 16:01   #144

I want to share some footage from a test trip with #1[emoji3]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ek1edf9o8...1080p.mov?dl=0
JanPieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2018, 19:15   #145

Boat: Fountain Pajot, Helia 44 Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooleedooroo View Post
How do you order the New boat and put down the deposit? Since the boat price might not set for 2020. Is the contract for future price? And how much do you have to put down? Is the deposit goes to Fountain Pajet? Or Dealer's escrow account?
I don't think you can buy directly from the factory .
We purchased through Multihulls Solutions, paid the deposit into their account. They then forwarded to France (receipts being emailed back and forth)

The contract is subject to a price increase. Negotiate the max % of possible increase.

Because our Helia was through a charter company deal, we paid a large deposit and the balance is due some months before delivery.

There are different options I believe, but all would be subject to increase with the final payment towards the end of the built period.
Old 27-07-2018, 22:13   #146

Boat: FP Lucia 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooleedooroo View Post
Hi Dooleedooroo,
a typical contract is similar to:
20% down on order
60% on completion from factory
balance on delivery and/or in part on shipment.

Payment to the dealer. They sort it out then with FP. FP don't deal direct.

Hope this helps.
One Day More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 00:25   #147

Well boys and girls �� one more sleep before seeing this beauty in the flesh in Sydney
Congrats again to all those with an order in ��
To those fellow Aussies purchased I’ll see you at the party on Friday.
Although I’m a few years away from mine as dream building goes but what a vessel.
Feels like Xmas eve as a kid.
Steve
Enjoy all
Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:13   #148

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Take lots of photos! :-) Better yet; get them to take you sailing!
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:44   #149
MAE

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42

Hi all just had a quiet beer on the bow on #2 alone here in Sydney, magic setting. I now know why Brian started this . I thought the Helia was great, so too Lagoon 42 but I think you will be really excited here.
Lots to be installed yet though on mine as it only cleared last Sunday but I hope you get the drift, Brian the thermostat FWD port readily accessible between end of Qsize and door on the wall, you won't wake the kids! The isolated shower will be a winner...I think 184 have been ordered since release.
Steve see you Friday I will be a little excited still. So Brian thanks again maybe we can go from forum to a rally ha ha and I look forward to keeping you all abreast of any issues.
Yes Lee I think there will be some sailing latter end of the show but I thought that posting of #1 sailing to windward by one of our new owners was impressive. Once again congratulations to all ..... you have made a really good choice! Cheers Alan
MAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:53   #150

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Remember your anticipation before the boat arrived? Multiply that times all the folks waiting or waiting to order or waiting to have the $$ to order or....well, you get the point!

There can never be too many photos or too many videos when you're that excited about something!

So jealous and happy for ya!

Best regards!
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote