Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-08-2018, 05:56   #181

Boat: Fountain Pajot, Helia 44 Evolution
Re: Astrea 42: Owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldo View Post
Thanks everyone for comments so far on the thread. Good considerations and discussion.
It pretty much confirms our decision to purchase an Astrea with DYC back in May. Lots of research up until then and had virtually decided on a Lucia until the Astrea was announced in January. We have an April/May 18 slot then into charter in Greece.
Great cat and like you MAE and paws, we had a chance to see it at the Sydney Boat Show. Can't wait!
You are lucky you got Greece. We can swap yachts if you want to do Croatia... Will post a review of your when I get on it [emoji1]
Old 29-08-2018, 06:35   #182

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nils Gruttner View Post
I recon I did. What a nice yacht. But I am holding on to my Helia [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]
SHOW OFF~!
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 17:29   #183

Thanks Nils. Enjoying your blog. Greg B passed me the link.
Sheldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 19:45   #184
MAE

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42

Hi Nelsons, Congratulations note your comments, hopefully VP & the Fox have worked it out . Before your final decision did you consider the new FP 45 coming soon?

Ha ha still haven't sailed #2 yet so its great to get this feed back. 4 days to go!
MAE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2018, 19:51   #185
MAE

Brian Hi any joy on the davit system?
Old 31-08-2018, 23:28   #186

Boat: Leopard 45 (yet to come)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAE View Post
Hi Nelsons, Congratulations note your comments, hopefully VP & the Fox have worked it out . Before your final decision did you consider the new FP 45 coming soon?

Ha ha still haven't sailed #2 yet so its great to get this feed back. 4 days to go!
Hi Mae, I was not informed that FP plans a 45. One more proof for a poor sales support. However I really doubt that it would have changed my mind. I will leave 2020 for a open end circumnavigation and I need to have a reliable vessel. All my research led me to the point that qualitywise noboddy can compete with Leopard. And the service regulations are the best for global travel. In 2021 I can tell you more :-)
Nelsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:41   #187
BKC

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Astrea 42

Hi All:

Quick update on central shower situation. Have now been assured that the only 'gap' will be a few mills on top/bottom of the shower door to allow it to open & close i.e. walls will be fully floor to ceiling. I have a commitment from my broker that we can get this fully sealed (miniature floor/ceiling gaskets) if not within a tolerance that works. So, a leap of faith with a plan to make it right (the way it should be) if FP solution isn't to standard I'd expect. Overall, I'd give FP a 2 out of 10 (max) on customer communication but my broker has been very dedicated.

Our boat should be starting production within next couple of weeks and coming out of factory for mast stepping, sea trials etc mid/late next month. Not sure if I will get to see her in La Rochelle - might have to wait til in Abaco in December.

On the helm station arrangement discussion, we were also curious about the helm being set back from the winches. In practice, as VP mentioned above, we have found that tacking under auto pilot control is actually the easiest way to ensure you can focus on sails/winch regardless of whether you are single handed or with a 2nd crew (lazy approach perhaps!). Having that set up though allows you the space for 2 to work comfortably if you have that option.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:42   #188
BKC

NEWS FROM FP - I've heard a rumor they will announce a new FP 45 in the next couple of months...Annapolis??
Old 07-09-2018, 07:55   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKC View Post
Hi All:

Quick update on central shower situation. Have now been assured that the only 'gap' will be a few mills on top/bottom of the shower door to allow it to open & close i.e. walls will be fully floor to ceiling. I have a commitment from my broker that we can get this fully sealed (miniature floor/ceiling gaskets) if not within a tolerance that works. So, a leap of faith with a plan to make it right (the way it should be) if FP solution isn't to standard I'd expect. Overall, I'd give FP a 2 out of 10 (max) on customer communication but my broker has been very dedicated.

Our boat should be starting production within next couple of weeks and coming out of factory for mast stepping, sea trials etc mid/late next month. Not sure if I will get to see her in La Rochelle - might have to wait til in Abaco in December.

On the helm station arrangement discussion, we were also curious about the helm being set back from the winches. In practice, as VP mentioned above, we have found that tacking under auto pilot control is actually the easiest way to ensure you can focus on sails/winch regardless of whether you are single handed or with a 2nd crew (lazy approach perhaps!). Having that set up though allows you the space for 2 to work comfortably if you have that option.

I experienced during a test drive in July with hull #1 that when working on the winches, you easily touch the throttlehandles that are behind your back, with your elbows, changing 1 or both of the powers...
A cap or a net over the throttle on the front side would prevent accidental changes by the one standing in front of the wheel...
I was warned by the skipper and even then did it by accident while working on the main halyard.
JanPieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:05   #190

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKC View Post
Hi All:

Quick update on central shower situation. Have now been assured that the only 'gap' will be a few mills on top/bottom of the shower door to allow it to open & close i.e. walls will be fully floor to ceiling. I have a commitment from my broker that we can get this fully sealed (miniature floor/ceiling gaskets) if not within a tolerance that works. .......................snip..............
I'm astounded that after all the complaints from Helia owners, they didn't solve this issue for the 42. I'm disappointed.
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 08:55   #191
BKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nils Gruttner View Post
You are lucky you got Greece. We can swap yachts if you want to do Croatia... Will post a review of your when I get on it [emoji1]
I'd also swap owner time in Abaco Bahamas for time in Croatia!

I've had my fill of Greek Taverna food this year :-) Is it us, or does every restaurant in Greece now serve the same food! We had an Indian and Pizza in Athens after our charter. Oops. Lol
Old 07-09-2018, 09:01   #192
BKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAE View Post
Brian Hi any joy on the davit system?
Hi MAE:

Sadly, nope: I gave up asking about the block set up. The Davits are fine and we will have an electric winch on starboard/outboard side. The block arrangement on the port side must be a French State Secret. If it isn't correct (vertical block?) we'll change it as the horizontal set up on the Lucia does not last more than a few weeks before it starts to wear through due to the hauling angle from what I saw.

I'll proudly post my pics as it will be a world-exclusive, right!? A friend of ours photographs the Brit Royal family, maybe I should invite him for the scoop.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:11   #193
MAE

Hi we saw your boat at the Sydney Boat show just beautiful....look forward to hearing your plans ...only here once. Sorry the FP boys let you down.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:37   #194
MAE

Hi All,
Hey you won't believe we have just completed a 90 NM sail ha ha after every -one at the boat show did a sea trial [ have 1 left t do next week ] and then she is mine to head to the Whitsundays.
Lee & Brian know you are far more into the tech side than me....the Garmin kit is just magic simple precise.
For Charter go davits cost simplicty. The air con is magic....few problems here with gas/propane compliance..... ok so lets get to the sailing & boat handling .

My partner," nervous Nellie" have just sailed 90 NM...no Auto at 25kt AWs on all pos, then she anchored gusting 29 kts....have to say having no bow roller tricky...charterers may get careless....then had a small celebration. At times did appreciate the Volvo upgrades....sea worthiness is great. Anchorage & docking brilliant. Some complaints on finishes but hey expected on #2 hull and being rectified....any questions?
Old 09-09-2018, 18:11   #195
MAE

Hi Brian, Expect some news on September 12th