Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2018, 11:36   #61

Re: Astrea 42: Owners?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKC View Post
Hi JanPieter: Welcome to the Astrea Waiting Room And thank you for the pictures and video. Hopefully you’ll get to see the pros/cons of different options ‘live’ before you have to finalize your spec. I’ve got my fingers crossed today on 2 changes on spec I’ve requested from FP as a result of the great input here. My window for changes should have closed but it’s tough landing stuff on a new model when information is scarce.

When you have any questions, I will try to help you. I’ve been 3 hours on the boat
JanPieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 15:02   #62
BKC

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Astrea 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanPieter View Post
Here is a link to my footage.
I couldn’t stop taking pictures... knowing the wait is still so long.
Enjoy![emoji3]
https://youtu.be/xoiC0Q32x3o
Great footage JanPieter! I've started to watch it. Helpful detail. One thing I spotted which I hope is just for the Hull#1 prototype...The central shower partitions don't appear to go all the way to floor or ceiling as I would have expected. Did you notice that? Would have expected at least one side to be completely sealed so bathrooms would be isolated?
Old 30-04-2018, 15:45   #63

I had the same reflection: there is no complete isolation on either sides. That is why I will have 1 side option 3 and 1 side option 2 on my quatuor. So I have 1 ‘private’ aft bedroom and bathroom, that will be sealed off.
Old 30-04-2018, 16:13   #64

Boat: FP Lucia 40

Quote:
G'day and thank you One Day More. Great to hear. My business partner is from Queensland - you living there?

Small extras on Astrea versus Lucia... like the return leg in Galley and added head space will be great I think. Also, nice job on what is already a nice foredeck I think.

Are you sailing her home?? We are having ours delivered most of the way (to USA, before I take it to Bahamas) unless we find some interested ARC explorers....this time. Who knows with next boat. I might be brave enough to do transatlantic. You guys have a slightly longer crossing.

Yes. We live on the Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane and have our craft on a pontoon in front of our house - when we’re not sailing!
Plan on shipping it to Australia, not sailing - it’s a long way!!!
One Day More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:45   #65
BKC

Quote:
I had the same reflection: there is no complete isolation on either sides. That is why I will have 1 side option 3 and 1 side option 2 on my quatuor. So I have 1 ‘private’ aft bedroom and bathroom, that will be sealed off.
I've been assured today that the shower setup on Hull#1 that you saw at La Grande Motte was only an early version of that central shower and that those compartments will be isolated. Will keep you posted as can't imagine anyone would want them open like that. Will keep posted on outcome.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:47   #66
BKC

Sounds like a hard life! That must be one heck of a shipping bill!?
Old 01-05-2018, 12:56   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Day More View Post
Yes. We live on the Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane and have our craft on a pontoon in front of our house - when we’re not sailing!
Plan on shipping it to Australia, not sailing - it’s a long way!!!
Hello my name is Tilman and I'm from Germany. I am planning a Sabbatical (Seabattical) from 11-2019 to 10 \ 2020 to sail an Astrea 42 from France to Australia and I am already in contact with the Australian FP dealer.

2018 Fountaine Pajot Lucia 40 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

When I first met him at the boat show in Düsseldorf in January, the New 42 was first introduced. An absolutely perfect catamaran to sail from Europe to Australia. Could this project be interesting for you?
ZypresseZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 14:59   #68
BKC

Quote:
When you have any questions, I will try to help you. I’ve been 3 hours on the boat
JanPieter: Did you see location of thermostats in the hulls? I'm assuming there is one in each cabin but perhaps a shared zone in hallway? I'd love a picture of one so can figure make/model to see if I can figure a remote operation for nighttime shut down to depower genset.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:22   #69

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0912.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	169084Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0913.jpg
Views:	424
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	169085Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0914.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	169086Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0915.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	169087

These are the only ones I found. All in the owners hull.
I didn’t pay more attention.
Old 02-05-2018, 06:30   #70
BKC

No problem. Thank you for posting though.
Old 02-05-2018, 14:02   #71

https://youtu.be/E4PxjzDBkWA
A new commercial walk round video
Old 03-05-2018, 04:06   #72

Quote:
No problem. Thank you for posting though.

https://youtu.be/xoiC0Q32x3o
@5:36 you can notice an ac controller, I think it is in the front cabin
Old 03-05-2018, 15:56   #73
BKC

Spec Update on our boat -there were 2 items I was persuaded to change my mind on due to the helpful inputs here. Despite having gone for almost every other option, I've now made final changes to spec:

Bowsprit- FP confirmed that they have added this for us. I really wasn't thrilled to have to shell out an extra Eur 5,000 for something that charter customers won't use but will be appreciated when the boat is later for sale no doubt to a private buyer.

Watermaker - Capt Jay's input on this thread convinced me that the 12v lower capacity watermaker made most sense. Add to the fact that it is over Eur 3,000 cheaper, it helped me with the Bowsprit decision. Bad news however. Despite the 12v being an option on the FP Astrea price list, FP have now said the 12v is not a factory option! Darn. After some deep digging on some French sites, I found a manual for this unit. They are fitting the AquaBase YC3 or YK3 180l/hr (only difference is one is a kit (YK) of separate parts, the other (YC) has the parts mounted together on a frame). They are showing consumption in the manual as 13A (at 100v =c.1,600W?). Assuming therefore one could, if really necessary, run off the inverter (2KW) in a situation where Genset went down in middle of nowhere.
I'll post updated spec in due course but hopefully watermaker info might save some folks some digging.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:45   #74

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

Quote:
Watermaker - Capt Jay's input on this thread convinced me that the 12v lower capacity watermaker made most sense. Add to the fact that it is over Eur 3,000 cheaper, it helped me with the Bowsprit decision. Bad news however. Despite the 12v being an option on the FP Astrea price list, FP have now said the 12v is not a factory option! Darn. After some deep digging on some French sites, I found a manual for this unit. They are fitting the AquaBase YC3 or YK3 180l/hr (only difference is one is a kit (YK) of separate parts, the other (YC) has the parts mounted together on a frame). They are showing consumption in the manual as 13A (at 100v =c.1,600W?). Assuming therefore one could, if really necessary, run off the inverter (2KW) in a situation where Genset went down in middle of nowhere.
I'll post updated spec in due course but hopefully watermaker info might save some folks some digging.
You can just have Uchimata sailing services install the Aquabase ESW601, 12volt watermaker for you right at the dock in France. They will even add the 20 micron filter like Jay P. recommended.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ESW601_154300-1.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	267.1 KB
ID:	169294  
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 20:29   #75

Boat: Fountaine-Pajot Astréa 42

Question regarding the fridge/freezer options on the Astréa 42 spec list:
OPT059300 is the 12V 130L Fridge, and OPT0593010 is the 12V 90L Freezer. These 2 options are mutually exclusive. My understanding is that the 90L freezer is the Isotherm freezer located in the U-shaped galley, to the right of the stove, and with that option, the fridge consists of 2 refrigerated drawers immediately to the right of the salon door, when coming in from the cockpit. Is that correct?
Without the freezer option, what is the 130L fridge configuration? Note that this question does not pertain to the cockpit fridge, which is a separate option.
I appreciate any clarification anyone can offer. Thank you.

Christophe
chlemaire is offline   Reply With Quote