Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2024, 22:38   #1

Boat: fp bleize 43
Belize43 to sailina 48

Hi considering upgrading my belize43 to salina 48 is there any one that had a belize43 and moved to a salina 48.
If you have I would love to hear your thoughts good and bad
Cheers peter
k9spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2024, 14:43   #2

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: Belize43 to sailina 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9spud View Post
Hi considering upgrading my belize43 to salina 48 is there any one that had a belize43 and moved to a salina 48.
If you have I would love to hear your thoughts good and bad
Cheers peter
Short
Belize is light and sails well and in light wind but has less living space due to small hulls and windige optimized deck house with closed cockpit and rounded outdated interior with lots of gelcoat but easy to maintain, cannot get water damage and safe because no sharp edges or corners. Would call a Belize a well sailing performance oriented cruiser cat without daggerboards.

then Salina which is todays typical condo, heavy and sails lala. Interior volume is significantly more due to wider hulls, square high deck house and an open cockpit with typical ikea style boxy interior with tons of space.
You basically trade more modern huge interior space against sailing performance, especially in light wind capabilities.

Delivered both and Belize was a joy to sail, the Salina the heavy comfortable typical condo means power cat with sails for perfect conditions. I would definitely look for some other cat that sails better like eg a nauti cat
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2024, 14:56   #3

Thanks captain for the feedback happy with the performance and easy handling of my Belize was expecting the salina to be the same but better being longer.
Looking for more room and more speed as we all appreciate
Will check out the naughi
Cheers peter
Old 22-05-2024, 16:09   #4

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9spud View Post
Thanks captain for the feedback happy with the performance and easy handling of my Belize was expecting the salina to be the same but better being longer.
Looking for more room and more speed as we all appreciate
Will check out the naughi
Cheers peter
Friend of mine is looking too for 44 till 50ft for 3 years trip around. Market is still quite empty for good ones, above 600k a bit better but below...
Yes sure on beam with 20kn wind the 48 is on par with belize or even a tick faster but on 10kn its different Belize sails while 48 you motor/-sail. Just compare sail area..the Belize you can capsize, Salina rips the sails before..
The 48 leopard performs also quite well for the newer condo. Nautitec especially the 47 but they only build a small number.
What's your budget?
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2024, 22:27   #5

Thanks capitan budget is around $300 plus my Belize so about $700,000 or a bit more if needed
I’m a carpenter so see what happens to timber so looking for the same construction as the Belize as in solid glass below water line and foam sandwich above
Cheers peter

Tags
Belize, sail