Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2010, 02:33   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018
Buying a Lipari 41

Our Lipari orederd for our charter fleet has been finally delivered a week ago and I just went out to see how does she look like. Here are some points for the ones who interested in this boat..

-finish is acceptable. Actually, I must say she is better than I expected. Very few things to fix.

-General lay out is very good; nice , large cabins, very good ventilation in the cockpit (much better than Orana..). On the negative side, head room is not exceptional, I am 1.85 and my head is touching the ceiling when I come close to navigation table, elsewhere is OK.
The galleys are a bit thight. The opening on the hard bimini which takes you to the helm station is extremely norrow. (we are planning to cut this out to a larger opening) The starboard corner of the hard bimini is very low and again hitting your head there till you get used to it, is inevitable. (no solution yet for this..)
Engine throttles are a bit too low and difficult to operate when you stand up for docking/undocking.. (at least for my size)

-Sailing: very nice surprise there.. Sails like a dream..Top square head and Generously sized, top square head sail (despite relatively smaller head sail) work perfect. The boat was very light the day of the test (no water, little fuel, 2 people on board, etc) and we did easily 8+ knts at 13-14 knots of true from 70-100 degree apparent. Down wind it was equally exciting 35 app. 8-9 knots of true, 4-4,5 knots on the GPS.. These are unthinkable numbers for Orana..even better than Athena's which are considered faster..
The top batten is not an issue and esily folded in the lazy jack. The only problem is that when hoisting the main, some more care is needed to not to trip the battens to the lazy jack' lines.

-The engines were upgraded to 2X30 hp Volvo instead of factory proposed 2X20. No issues there, even with one engine @ 2.300 rpm 7 kn is achieved.

Overall, she still has got to be tested in rough waters but we can easily say that it's a very lively boat even in light winds, handles perfectly both at engine and under sail, the rudder feed back is excellent. For this price range , I believe it is a good proposition to be considered.

Nice sailing

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 14:19   #2

Buying a Lipari 41

Does anyone have a Lipari 41 in Florida? I am getting serious about catamaran buying and would love to personally look over a Lipari 41. I was hoping there would be one at the previously St. Pete and upcoming Miami boat shows, but that is not the case (There'll be lots of other cats there, I know). I live in Tampa area but could travel elsewhere if anyone would be so kind as to allow my wife and I to take a look at your boat. I've been aboard a Leopard 39 and sailed the Leopard 44. Thanks.
“So, if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written…But I bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling.”
Blc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 11:14   #3

Re: Lipari 41 in Florida?

Did you have any luck finding a Lipari 41 ? I'm in St. Pete and would like to charter one as well. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Bill
wcuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 20:05   #4

I'm thinking about buying one an keeping it in St. Pete. Perhaps we should compare notes ?
Thanks.
Bill
614-571-0868 cell
wcuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 20:22   #5
TJR

Cruise Abaco - Bahamas Sailboat Charter

We bareboat chartered a Lipari in Abaco months back. You can get a $400 flight from Orlando to Marsh Harbour. A quick trip over to check it out and get a nice R&R fix. Mark owns the biz and answer you up. Good people.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 08:08   #6

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41

I have a Lipari that is being built as we speak. She will be spending some time in Ft Lauderdale probably in May. I can arrange for a tour at that time if you like.

Mark
mbuckely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2012, 09:19   #7

Bill, We should compare notes. I was just down at the boat show in Miami and am actually now leaning toward a Leopard. But... I've not made up my mind yet. I'd love to get with you when possible.

Mark, Thanks so much for your offer. I will try to remember to contact you around then or, if you remember, let me know when it is complete. Once again, thank you so much for your kindness.
“So, if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written…But I bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling.”
Blc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 10:15   #8

I just got back from the boat show as well. The 48 was there for sure! The crew of the Lipari 41 was not able to bring the boat due to bad weather in France. I am interested in the Lipari and I was disappointed by ''her'' absence at the show. I am looking for informations from someone who did some sea trial with it... So I can compare it with the Leopard 39, and the Lagoon 400...

Mac
Mactrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2012, 10:24   #9

Boat: Tartan 37

We were at the Miami show looking at CATS too. As you may know, they are planning on having the Lipari 41 at the Annapolis Show.

An aside, we actually like the Annapolis show (Sail Weekend) MUCH better than the Miami show. They have MANY more sailboats, its all in the same marina, there's no need for a shuttle because you can walk the entire show, and we find Annapolis to be much more charming than Miami.

If you are going to Annapolis, make your lodging reservations now!

Darby
Cruising Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 08:38   #10
Marine Service Provider

Closest place in the U.S. to see a new Lipari will be Annapolis. There are two there with the dealer.
chbsailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2012, 09:58   #11

My 2012 Lipari "Irish Rover" is being prepped in LaRochelle for her transit to Fort Lauderdale. She will be there for a couple of weeks before heading North to Annapolis. She will be available for bareboat charter through Annapolis Bay Charters this summer and at Dream Yacht's Bahama base in the winter.

If any Florida folks would like to visit her while she is in Ft Lauderdale, please email me @ IrishRoverYacht@aol.com. I can arrange to have my dealer show the boat to you.

Mark
Old 17-04-2012, 16:53   #12

Irish Rover is a few hundred miles off the coast of Morocco with a 5/8 ETA in Fort Lauderdale. Two weeks in town before heading north.

If there is still interest in a visit let me know

Mark
Old 08-10-2012, 09:17   #13

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
Re: Buying a Lipari 41

Here is a good place to start when picking which FP to buy.
Here are the FP Base Prices from the Annapolis 2012 boat show
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FP_Annapolis_USA_2012_Base Prices.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	423.9 KB
ID:	47828  
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 20:37   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotemar View Post
Here is a good place to start when picking which FP to buy.
Here are the FP Base Prices from the Annapolis 2012 boat show
It's interesting that dealers like Aeroyacht advertise these new boats already with around a 5% discount off of these published prices.
jostalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 06:35   #15

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37

jostalli,

I believe the show prices are 10% discount
Cotemar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying, florida, lipari