Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2023, 11:54   #1

Boat: Mahe 36
Fountaine Pajot in the US

I am sure this has been discussed previously. I searched and I’m now cross-eyed.
Several times I have tried to get my Mahe 36 registered in the state of Washington or have tried to get insurance quotes, most recently Safeco and GEICO. Everything goes fine until they ask for the manufacturer. Logic says it is Fontaine Pajot. However, Fontaine Pajot is not recognized as a boat manufacturer. Ie, it is not in their database.
My recent GEICO quote used "Fountain Power Boats" to generate the quote but in a claim, I doubt the insurance policy is valid because "incorrect data was submitted for the quote". Otherwise the quote is attractive @ $850 less and better coverage
If you have run into this problem, and successfully found a solution, will you please tell me what it is?
Rufduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 09:54   #2

Re: Fountaine Pajot in the US

We have geico on our mahe. Never ran into that issue.
kds65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 12:46   #3

This is great news.
Who exactly is listed as the manufacturer on your policy? May I ask your year, declared value and “spill coverage" value?
When the person struggled to find Fountaine Pajot, deciding to settle for Fountain Power Boats. And after having similar problems with Wash State Dep of Licensing and State Farm, I sort of got nervous. Maybe I’m not saying the name correctly.
I shall try again.
Thank you very much.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:45   #4

Well, this has been a waste 2 hours.
Geico does not write new policies on multihull sailboats. They did until about 2 years ago.
If you have an existing policy, they will continue it but they will not write a new one.
They have a sister company, American something or other. I got a quote from them which is very reasonable but they want an out of water survey before they will bind the policy. All told around here that’s somewhere in the neighborhood of $2500 which includes the haul out.
I think I will just renew my policy with Travelers Yacht Insurance and go sailing.
Cheers
Old 07-04-2023, 06:36   #5

We did have a newish survey when we first got the policy. Also the premiums increased dramatically the past year.
kds65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fountaine pajot