Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2008, 06:11   #1

FP Mahe 36 or Lagoon 380 - 1-2 Years Old - Best Choice?

Lagoon looks little bigger inside, and the bedroom 2. But the kitchen looks much better in the FP.

The FP have one model with only 2 bedrooms, that fit me better. And the price is simular.

Have not been in a FP, but should i go a FP or a Lagoon, or the boat with best price?

I will live summertime in the boat, and little sail in north sea, and med and maybe a atlantic cross?

freetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 17:54   #2
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 25ft Merlin catamaran, 34ft Romany catamaran
For what it's worth, a few years ago I went aboard about 20 catamarans at the Annapolis Boat Show, pretending I was a buyer for a 40ft-ish bridgedeck cabin boat. There was a lot of rubbish and some good boats.

I was surprised to decide that the FP Belize 43 was the best of the bunch, as that was not the result I was expecting.

Then this year I went to the Sail Pacific boatshow intending to do the same thing. However there were only 3 catamarans on display. Including a FP Mahe. To be honest I thought it was very cheaply built and nowhere near as good a design (as opposed to a build) as the Belize.

A far better boat was the Seawind 1100.

The other boat was (I think) a Lagoon 42?? In any event it had an owner version interior which didn't work very well. No doubt the interior was better on the charter boat layout.

I'm not sure what you mean by "best price" Maybe you mean cheapest. But you don't buy the cheapest car when you buy the car of your dreams. Nor the cheapest house. Nor even the cheapest stereo.

So please decide what you would like and then go for quality. If you cannot afford the quality you want at the size you want, then go for a smaller boat that has what you need (as opposed to want).

I spent 5 years cruising my 32ft Eclipse and that was plenty big enough for 2 people.

Hope this helps

Richard Woods of Woods Designs

Woods Designs Sailing Catamarans
Woods Designs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon 380, mahe 36