Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2022, 04:54   #1

FP Venezia 95 above water intrusion

About to close on a 95, major neglect but surveyor give the thumbs up for she is worth the effort to bring back to life. Only thing that is bothering me is water intrusion to the under belly of the bridge. Hand size delam all around wet locker area down just above waterline. Below waterline was good. Not structural yet but could go there if I do not find source and fix. Most drains were clogged in wet locker as owner just let is set for 4 years on hard. Thoughts? Should I walk away?
grotto4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2022, 14:38   #2

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40
Re: FP Venezia 95 above water intrusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by grotto4you View Post
About to close on a 95, major neglect but surveyor give the thumbs up for she is worth the effort to bring back to life. Only thing that is bothering me is water intrusion to the under belly of the bridge. Hand size delam all around wet locker area down just above waterline. Below waterline was good. Not structural yet but could go there if I do not find source and fix. Most drains were clogged in wet locker as owner just let is set for 4 years on hard. Thoughts? Should I walk away?
Whats the prize?
Engines and saildrives?
Expect to find the double till triple in delam then you think now. Bridge is critical as hard to reach, 70% effort get to and close after repair 30% for the actual repair, thats for time and costs.
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2022, 15:04   #3

Boats die if they aren't used. 4 years on the hard will kill just about any boat. Stuff will keep popping up...
CarlF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2022, 22:04   #4

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Venezia 45

I think you contacted me on this topic via my Youtube channel?

It's difficult to tell the extent of the damage without images. If this topic is still open and you are concerned about the extent of the delamination, the best advice I can give you would be to follow the surveyor's direction on whether to proceed or not. This is not a common problem in Venezia's which is a well-constructed vessel being of foam core so creep of the delamination is highly unlikely. Delamination can easily be dealt with and personally, I would not shy away from this purchase but would use this as an opportunity to negotiate a good price with the seller.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Regards,
Nautic Voyager
Nautic Voyager is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water