Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 10:04   #1

Boat: Columbia C45 45'
Information

I have found posts on most hulls but none on the Sabo 50. Does anyone know anything or have experience on one? I am guessing it replaced the Salina 48, if it did is it using a new mold?
boating2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:51   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lipari 41
Re: Information

The Saba is a completely new boat including the hull. It was designed by the same team the did the Helia 44. I spent some time aboard the boat at The boat show">Annapolis Boat show.

That boat hull number 2 is on it's way to St Thomas for the winter and spring season. We will have it available for charter. It's a four cabin owners version with a full owners suite. They also make a five and half cabin version with 5 doubles and a crew cabin.

It's very nice boat, basically a Helia on steroids, it is selling very well and just won Sail Magazine boat of the year in its class.

Jay
captainjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 18:55   #3

Boat: 2015 Fountaine Pajot SABA 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainjay View Post

It's very nice boat, basically a Helia on steroids, it is selling very well and just won Sail Magazine boat of the year in its class.

Jay
HEY CAPTAIN JAY, YOU STOLE MY LINE.. "Helia 44 on Steroids"
Alright Captain Jay, that aside, I own a Helia 44 as you know... I cannot see the "Maestro" version in Australia, so I have to consider "flying before buying"... It will probably set me back a year to order, waiting to see one at a major Show, unless I come and Charter yours. Can you please contact me by PM with costs for and best way to fly in to you? God help me I hope it is not the 17 hours to Texas (longest non-stop in the world) and then down to BVI...

I would be interested in say a three week charter, in the prettiest spot in your region, and am in the top 98% percentile in experience and care I would give your vessel.

Questions, am I right about it being larger in feel in the interior than the Helia 44, since I know you own both... ??? I mean with the front lounge area, it could have depreciated the interior feel to the cabins?? I was looking for that third cabin, and that much larger cabins, to make longer stays for my Children...

Thank you in advance Jay.... Helia 44 in Oz, "AVALON"
Helia 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:34   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helia 44 View Post
HEY CAPTAIN JAY, YOU STOLE MY LINE.. "Helia 44 on Steroids"
Alright Captain Jay, that aside, I own a Helia 44 as you know... I cannot see the "Maestro" version in Australia, so I have to consider "flying before buying"... It will probably set me back a year to order, waiting to see one at a major Show, unless I come and Charter yours. Can you please contact me by PM with costs for and best way to fly in to you? God help me I hope it is not the 17 hours to Texas (longest non-stop in the world) and then down to BVI...

I would be interested in say a three week charter, in the prettiest spot in your region, and am in the top 98% percentile in experience and care I would give your vessel.

Questions, am I right about it being larger in feel in the interior than the Helia 44, since I know you own both... ??? I mean with the front lounge area, it could have depreciated the interior feel to the cabins?? I was looking for that third cabin, and that much larger cabins, to make longer stays for my Children...

Thank you in advance Jay.... Helia 44 in Oz, "AVALON"
I sent you some contact information. As for flights I don't know. I would look at possible flights to South America or Mexico then connecting through.

The salon area is much larger than the Helia, the island in the galley is great feature. The cockpit is also larger with a lot more seating and much larger table. The helm seat and station is directly off the Helia. They come out of the same molds. The flying bridge seating is 30 percent larger. The forward seating is basically over the for deck and anchor locker. It doesn't take away from interior space at all.It also would be very easy to fit out the forpeaks for a couple addition single berths.

As for our cruising area, in a three week charter you could cover the whole area. We allow our boats to cruise West from St Thomas thru the Spanish Virgins, Culebra, Vieques, and Eastern Puerto Rico. St Croix to the south and the entire BVI chain to the east. Plenty to see and do. Some island hoping and some open ocean sailing as well. As for pretty areas, that's everywhere in the Virgins.

I can give a few more boat details as well. It is equipped with twin 75 hp Volvo's a 13.5 kw Onan Generator, a 3kw Magnum Hybrid inverter charger. The full six air-conditioner pack from the factory. We will be installing a 30 gallon an hour water maker as well and an ice maker. It has a fusion stereo with blue tooth capability. The double drawer fridge out of the Helia as well as the freezer and second fridge in the cockpit.

Jay
Old 05-12-2014, 18:01   #5

Boat: 2015 Fountaine Pajot SABA 50

Hello Captain Jay,

You may be one of only a few in the world that have the Helia and Saba Maestro layouts side by side... Probably you are the only one that can fairly answer this question:

How do the cabins sizes feel, the two Guest Queen Cabins on the Helia 44 vrs the THREE on the Saba 50 ?? Comparable or larger one way or the other? They look on paper that they might feel larger on the SABA, but you are the only one that could give that impression with them both in your fleet....

Thanks in advance, and it looks like I do have good taste, besides owning what after my study is the best value for money for a Couple in a new boat in the HELIA 44.. the SABA 50 just won "Best Sailboat of the Year" award...

http://www.sailmagazine.com/best-boats/best-boats-2015-fountaine-pajot-saba-50#.VHSYCFtF4Hc.facebook

Helia 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 03:39   #6

The cabins do feel slightly larger but this may have more to do with the larger windows and more lights than anything else. The Helia cabins are very nice.

This is a shot of one of the aft cabins.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6flmtzhkd8...F2029.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b544a24kwr...F2035.JPG?dl=0

Here is the port forward cabin.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rg1d5n8o31...93138.jpg?dl=0

The forward cabins are turned arthwartships with a large window facing the bed. You can walk around about a third of the birth from either side.

Jay

PS the boat in the video is Cuvee the Saba 50 coming to our fleet. It was sold by Atlantic Cruising Yachts at Annapolis.
Old 31-12-2014, 11:37   #7

Just got a report from one of our skippers. Cuvée is on her first charter. 10 plus knots at 50 degrees off the wind in 16 kts of wind. Looks like she is pretty and can sail to.