Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 14:59   #31
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018
Re: Lavezi 40

We treated as a yard some 15 boats in the last couple of years, mostly FP boats. FP has always accepted to cover them under warranty (yes , there are some buraucracy involved for the yard and they use to pay the yard very late. With Alex the process seems to be improving.)
FP is treating differently each case, but generally speaking, pays for 3 months of berthing but no haul out or whatsoever. They believe that the boat has to be hauled anyway for wintering.

Cotemor, your suggested reading on osmosis repair must be a joke. There are several therapy methodologies, but peeling off the boat until acceptable humidity readings is essential. This is not easy to achieve and we need to use sometime vacuum heaters to facilitate the process.Then the peeled materiel is laminated back, 3-4 layers of vinyl barriers are applied.

FP has had very tough times but saved the skin with the launch of HElia. (over 70 boats have been sold in less than a year aftre the launch) After long years, first time last year they announced a profit. I believe Lagoon is more vulnerable nowadays; first time loss after so many years of success. The new serie initiated with 39 and 52 are not doing well..
Meanwhile, I have to say that the boating industry is in terrible shape, more so the monohulls. The big 4 (Benetteau, Jeanneau, Dufour, Bavaria) have lost 30% of their sales.
Not to mention that all of them have declared significant losses (vs. 7 % only for Lagoon)

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 22:44   #32

Boat: Lavezzi 40, Pourpre

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsailer View Post
Hi DL,
is there somewhere on the net I can view this Cat.

Greg and Sue
Hi guys, Le Dome is a regular on this forum and I'm supprised he hasn't commented on this thread.
I'll email him get in touch with you, he was on his way to the Whitsundays last time we spoke.
Dragon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:18   #33

Boat: Lavezzi 40, Pourpre

Unfortunately the boat has been sold.
Dragon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2013, 23:54   #34

Boat: currently boatless

Thanks for trying DL. The search will continue. In the meantime we prepare our mono for a cruise north next year.
ozsailer is offline   Reply With Quote