Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2019, 06:18   #1

Lifting points for haul out on trailer

Hi
I have found the data sheets for the lifting points on the Orana 44 tech sheets when lifting using a travel lift or crane with spreaders.

However my haul out yard proposes to lift out on a trailer using lifting points on the bridge deck rather than the hulls.

Does anyone have information or experience in lifting in this manner and what the lifting locations should be used on the bridge deck

Appreciate any constructive information
Cheers John
Jcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 15:17   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs
Re: Lifting points for haul out on trailer

Exactly how are they planning on doing it?

If it's something like this, then the question of lifting points is immaterial.

If they are talking about jacking it up on individual locations under the bridge deck I'd find another yard
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:31   #3

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Orana 44

The bridge deck on the Orana is anything but uniform and will not easily accommodate trailer lift points. Study your bridge deck before they even try it.
pstadt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 02:38   #4

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II

Ask Fountaine Pajot. When I enquired about doing just that for my Maldives they told me that is how they move their boats in build. For the Maldives they said support under main transverse bulkheads, under mast and at bridgedeck transom. May be different for Orana. Did it for 10 years, twice a year as did a friend with his Maldives with no issues. You need a pretty chunky beam to prevent point loading softened with layers of carpet to protect hull.
Rapanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 14:13   #5

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcmc View Post
Hi
I have found the data sheets for the lifting points on the Orana 44 tech sheets when lifting using a travel lift or crane with spreaders.

However my haul out yard proposes to lift out on a trailer using lifting points on the bridge deck rather than the hulls.

Does anyone have information or experience in lifting in this manner and what the lifting locations should be used on the bridge deck

Cheers John
StuM, posted a pic. of a trailer that had multiple hydraulic lifts for the wing deck. I'd opt for that if that is what the yard has. Slings on a cat would probably need to have spreaders
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 16:52   #6

Boat: 44 FP Cat & 45 Sea Ray motor yacht

Quote:
Hi

Cheers John
Please post your data as per the technical info. I need to haul tomorrow, but the previous painters removed my arrows and now I have no idea ...
Gerrit Coetzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 18:53   #7

Boat: 44 FP Cat & 45 Sea Ray motor yacht

Quote:
Hi

Cheers John

I guess, what I am trying to say: Can you please indicate through a depiction, an explanation, or picture show where the belts are to go, in order to miss the keel.

But on second thoughts, if I measure the keel indent, visible from the bilge on each side, from the inside of the hull, and see where the keel start and where they end, I might be able to make a fairly accurate determination, where the belts need to go.
Gerrit Coetzee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
haul out, lift, trailer