Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2015, 12:29   #16

Re: Looking for advice on purchasing new

I've been following this thread with interest too. We just purchased a new Mahe 36 - hull #172. It left La Rochelle about a week and a half ago and should be arriving in Annapolis by mid-June. The size is perfect for us so I'm glad we purchased before it's phased out.

Amy
Swifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2015, 13:59   #17

Boat: Hanse 348

Congrats to you! From what I understand, there are few more in teh queue, I think they stopped taking orders the last of April, my dealer told me May 1 that he couldn't take an order.

I am upset that I sent an email to the GM and MD in France, they didn't respond, I wrote back saying that I was upset that they didn't respond, and they didn't respond. Horrible customer interaction!
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2015, 14:08   #18

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

I guess you have to save another 100k to buy the new FP entry level cat.

But you will get a huge boat instead of a small skinny boat like the Mahe.

As for customer relations... well they are French.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 11:37   #19

Boat: Hunter 36

It does seem a little odd. They haven't even officially announced the new boat yet. I would think they wouldn't stop production on the old one until they were ready to start taking orders for the new one. But then again, I'm not in the business and I don't know how long the process takes to change the production.

If you can't buy new, there are quite a few used Mahe 36s on the market as well.

If you still want a very small catamaran, you could consider the Gemini Legacy as an alternative. Or there are small cruising trimarans too - there is the Dragonfly 32 & 35, and Corsair 37.
Rohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2015, 08:13   #20

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbinbi View Post
Congrats to you! From what I understand, there are few more in teh queue, I think they stopped taking orders the last of April, my dealer told me May 1 that he couldn't take an order.

I am upset that I sent an email to the GM and MD in France, they didn't respond, I wrote back saying that I was upset that they didn't respond, and they didn't respond. Horrible customer interaction!
I think I read somewhere that builders loose 6 or 8% of their contracts between down payment and handover. if there is still a production queue maybe your dealer can get you a free slot if someone else cancels his deal?
Could even be cheaper than one built to order But with limited customization.

If you want a similarly sized cat the only one left that is comparable is the Lagoon380 and i read some rumours that they are going to stop that one as well.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
purchasing