Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-02-2024, 09:21   #241

Re: Lucia Owners

Thanks for the info Dave! Just learning the boat ... and my french is not great!
Larry Hillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2024, 11:33   #242

Hot Water Heater
I can’t seem to get hot water on shore power. Breaker is on. What am I doing wrong?
Pjpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2024, 07:43   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKB53 View Post
Hi

That is pretty much what we did in the port side. Glued (Sika) wooden blocks in and fitted hangers for the dock lines and fenders (8 of). Aft bulkhead for ropes and both sides for the fenders.

We also added a step on the aft bulkhead as they are pretty deep and getting out can be a challenge if less that 6ft.

Starboard we only fitted 2 hangers and a step as we store the Gennaker and it's sheets there. Plus a few odds and ends.

I don't have any photos handy and the boat is 10,000Km away so no can do in that regard for the moment.

Cheers
Martin

Sorry to dredge this up from a while back, but we are recently received of hull #448 and are looking for a similar solution. Sika-ing a board to the wall sounds like a great idea, and I'm just getting used to the idea of glue instead of screws What did you use for a hangar? Just some U-hooks?
Is there a marine-specific style of Sika that is most commonly used? 291 everywhere?
Zhent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2024, 07:54   #244

Boat: FP Lucia 40, Hull #22

Hi

I'm not sure what they are called but it is a "hook" with a loop of line attached. Loop through rope hank and up onto hook.
If I can find a pic I will post it.
MKB53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2024, 07:59   #245

This sort of fitting. Ours are similar not identical.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240514_185815_Chrome.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	187.4 KB
ID:	289867  
Old 30-06-2024, 01:43   #246

Hi Lucia owners,

I'm looking at a 2018 Lucia 40 next week which has an in-mast furling mainsail. I'm curious if anyone here has experience with this option. They seem to be pretty common in the Mediterranean, I've seen a few on Lucia 40s. It seems odd, since catamarans benefit a lot from having a roachy mainsail to take advantage of the lack of backstay. As far as I know an in-mast furling main generally can't have much (or any) roach. Anyway, I'd really appreciate any feedback. Was this a factory option from Fontaine Pajot? Has anyone sailed with this option, thumbs up or thumbs down?

Thanks
Martin
Sparohok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2024, 02:42   #247

Hi
Personally I would not consider an in mast furler. They are pretty rare on cats and wouldn't help resale.
You need the area at the top in lighter weather as you are driving a lot of boat through the water.
I have limited experience of in mast furlers on monos but none that I have used could keep a great shape and they can be finicky to furl.

In boom would be fine but IMHO not in mast.
Old 01-07-2024, 00:16   #248

Boat: Fountaine Pajot - Lucia 40

Hi

The primary issue with in mast furling is the risk of the sail jamming. Then you get many happy hours getting to get it unjammed.

The question to ask yourself is how serious you are about sailing and whether you have the crew/skill/inclination required. If you're in the med you'll probably motor a lot. A furling main is easier than the original sail with its frankly stupid square top.
Old 01-07-2024, 05:39   #249

Boat: Hanse 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparohok View Post
Hi Lucia owners,

I'm looking at a 2018 Lucia 40 next week which has an in-mast furling mainsail. I'm curious if anyone here has experience with this option. They seem to be pretty common in the Mediterranean, I've seen a few on Lucia 40s. It seems odd, since catamarans benefit a lot from having a roachy mainsail to take advantage of the lack of backstay. As far as I know an in-mast furling main generally can't have much (or any) roach. Anyway, I'd really appreciate any feedback. Was this a factory option from Fontaine Pajot? Has anyone sailed with this option, thumbs up or thumbs down?

Thanks
Martin
All my boats since 2005 except for my lagoon 380 had in mast furling. I love it. The systems I have seen required the mast to be completely vertical so you have a perfect triangle to furl. Most cats have a raked mast, so not sure how in mast works on those. Maybe Lucia does not? The frustration I have with raising out of a stackpack and getting the head of the sail or the battens to not get caught on the lazyjacks to me was high. Turn stb a bit, now port a bit, now stb a bit, ah, there we go, raise it fully. But I usually single hand, so your experience might be different. I did not have a sq top on my 380. My current boat has inmast furling with semi performance sails and vertical battens so I have reasonable roach. But my Lagoon's main was probably 4x heavier than my current boat (3' smaller).

I would try out the furler on the Lucia. If it works smoothly and the SA is not significantly less, that is great! I would have loved something like that (with those 2 caveats) on my Lagoon.
jbinbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2024, 12:23   #250

We have a Lucia 40 with the regular salon table but want to swap it for a coffee table style.

Can anyone provide me with the dimensions of the original coffee table option? L x W x H ? And also what is the distance between the padded sofa bottom and the edge of the table? (i.e. how much room is there for your legs)

Thank you!

Dave
SV Free Luna
2016 FP Lucia 40
delliott00 is offline   Reply With Quote