Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2017, 12:00   #91

Re: Lucia Owners

Masteryong- can you help me understand the pricing PDF you posted? I know the boat isn't $82K in dollars or Euro.

Thanks - Amy
Swifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 06:10   #92

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
Masteryong- can you help me understand the pricing PDF you posted? I know the boat isn't $82K in dollars or Euro.

Thanks - Amy
I believe those are prices for packages/options and delivery. Add the base price.

v/r
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 13:12   #93

Boat: Fountaine Pajot - Lucia 40

Hi

After a traumatic start Songbird, hull # 104, has been safely delivered. Next step is to have the engines and sail drives serviced. I've had a quote but I'm wondering if it's maybe a touch expensive. More than a major service on my car which is a 3.0 V6.

Does anyone mind sharing quotes for their first service?

What's the long term plan re annual servicing? Do it yourself? Pay a Volvo agent to do it?

Cheers

Ian
Old 06-11-2017, 17:12   #94

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lucia 40

I think mine was €300 and tiggers was less than €200 in Nth Spain this was for Volvo d30 x 2 and 50hrs service
hobsonlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 21:43   #95

Our first service was €500 in A Caruna and our second was about the same but included the sail drives. We will be serving our own when warranty period comes to an end.
letsdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2017, 09:07   #96

Boat: FP Lucia 40

Hello everyone, La Belle Vie, hull number 125 should be making her arrival in the US the end of this month and will commission at Just Cats in FLL. She is a 3 berth 2 head layout.

We are super excited to get her commissioned and ready to sail. She will spend her first year in charter in St Petersburg FL until we can finish our corporate jobs, then we will move down to be closer and sail around the Gulf and Florida. After a year or so of that we plan to move aboard permanently.

Been reading all the suggestions / upgrades with great interest. We kept her pretty bare for the charter season, but will add watermaker, solar, lithium, radar and other items when we move aboard.

Cant wait to sail her from FLL to the Tampa area, should be a fun time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Factory.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	160529  
CaptainandGiGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 04:30   #97

Hi,
my wife and I just took ownership of Hull #26 (Sandy Cheeks) in Brisbane Australia in February 2018. She's absolutely amazing.

regards

Craig Symons
cwsymons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 19:53   #98

Lucia #133

Hi all,

First post here : )

Following the original thread...

Avanti, is a Lucia 40 owners version w/ 2 heads, hull 133, launched just a few weeks back ( end of January 2018 ), currently in the UK being prepared as a live-aboard for 2.5 people ( 2 adults & a year old little girl ), then no idea of what's next.

The situation right now can be better described as bullet points :
  • Tons of questions,
  • No sailing experience at all,
  • Just discovered a "hate" for Garmin electronics,

CapX

.:.
CapX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 21:53   #99

Hi, I’m looking at Spinnaker options for my Lucia #78 , and looking at 2nd hand initially.
I dont have the manuals with me, can others share the Dimensions of their spinnaker or the recommendation of spinnaker / asymmetrical. Thx Peter
Old 21-03-2018, 01:17   #100

Re: Lucia #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapX View Post

Avanti, is a Lucia 40 owners version w/ 2 heads, hull 133, launched just a few weeks back ( end of January 2018 ), currently in the UK being prepared as a live-aboard for 2.5 people ( 2 adults & a year old little girl ), then no idea of what's next.

.:.
Good choice! Hope you’re enjoying your boat.

We have the same configuration as you and ours is sitting in Jersey. Currently sorting out the solar panels, electrics, etc,etc, as we get ready to set off.

Top of the list for me was a big anchor, lots of cable, plenty of solar power and a watermaker. We fitted Raymarine electronics. Splashed out and bought radar. Still thinking about AIS.
Old 22-03-2018, 21:31   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by twohapence View Post
Good choice! Hope you’re enjoying your boat.

We have the same configuration as you and ours is sitting in Jersey. Currently sorting out the solar panels, electrics, etc,etc, as we get ready to set off.

Top of the list for me was a big anchor, lots of cable, plenty of solar power and a watermaker. We fitted Raymarine electronics. Splashed out and bought radar. Still thinking about AIS.
Hi twohapence,

Interesting you mentioned, I did add a heavy anchor 25Kg, looks oddly big and wide, to the point that I was with the impression ( during the delivery trip to the UK ) that it would catch a wave and rip off the under deck and fittings, luckily it didn't.

Currently also looking for best solar setup, someone to make custom seats for the cockpit and a RIB. Watermaker will come later. Got some adjustments to do still ( align fridge properly, door cabinets, etc. ) and already had some damage and repairs done...

For instance, my port engine coolant froze inside and broke the circulation pump while sitting idle in Southampton on recent cold front (-11), even the mixers for both showers exploded... Volvo fixed the engines and I replace the mixers myself. We also had a reef line almost cut off in some serious wind. All in all, a good start !

Great move you made not going for Garmin, the UI is horrible, lack functionality, there are a ton of items you can't disable that aren't relevant to the boat type and simple things you find revolting, like the update using a mobile phone to the plotter ( a map transfer takes 18hrs+ ).

All the best with yours & hope to cross paths...

Anchor pics attached.

CapX
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anchor.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	166843   Click image for larger version

Name:	AnchorInPlace.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	166844  

CapX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 01:05   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobsonlea View Post
Hi, I’m looking at Spinnaker options for my Lucia #78 , and looking at 2nd hand initially.
I dont have the manuals with me, can others share the Dimensions of their spinnaker or the recommendation of spinnaker / asymmetrical. Thx Peter
Hi

The I&J measurements are below if that helps you. Certainly .

I = 14970
J = 3860

The quote I got from crusader sails with those measurements was for a 41.66ft Luff and a 21.89ft foot. Hope that helps.

Ian
Old 24-03-2018, 02:00   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapX View Post
Hi twohapence,

Interesting you mentioned, I did add a heavy anchor 25Kg, looks oddly big and wide
I went for the Manson Supreme rather than the ROCNA. It looks a little less big......

Quote:

Currently also looking for best solar setup, someone to make custom seats for the cockpit and a RIB.
I went for 4 semi flexible 150 watt panels. EFLX-150m. Slightly surprised that they have an open circuit voltage of 30v but that's not a bad thing. Means they'll still be able to charge a 12 volt system when it gets hot. I was planning to run them back to a charge controller in series but wasn't too sure I wanted a 120volt DC circuit on the boat. Two of these fit neatly in the "tray" behind the boom. They were £250 each from photonic universe.

I've gone for a Victron Smart Solar 100/50. This is rated at 700 watts and should be a decent match for the solar panels.

A RIB was high on my list of things to get. So much choice and actually surprisingly difficult to get informed independent opinion about motor / RIB combos and how they perform in the real world.

In the end I went for an AB Lamina 10 with the bow locker. Hypalon fabric - a must for the med. Weight is reasonable. It has a flat floor. Hull is aluminium. The welds were continuous and quality looks good.

I also went for a Lehr 9.9 propane outboard on the basis that: -

1. I already carried gas and diesel - why introduce a third fuel?
2. My last two boats were powered by petrol outboards. Reliability wasn't great and it was invariably down to stale fuel, blocked jets, water in the petrol or whatever. I fitted water filters and this helped but didn't eliminate these issues.
3. The option of an onboard starter battery makes using the tender a realistic opportunity for SWMBO to use. She's never manage to start it manually.

I have no idea how well the combination will perform or if it is a good match. The 15HP Lehr needs a special bottom feed propane tank. Getting refills might be tricky. There's also quite a weight difference between the 9.9 and the 15HP.

Quote:

We also had a reef line almost cut off in some serious wind.
Interesting. Our reefing pennant almost cut through during delivery........ Just where it goes through the clew. Too much tension using the electric winch or a defect in the design?

My "indulgence" is an ice maker. Didn't want to lose space for a freezer nor did I think I could afford the amps to keep it running. Ice in your G&T though.....
Old 27-03-2018, 03:03   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by twohapence View Post
Hi

The I&J measurements are below if that helps you. Certainly .

I = 14970
J = 3860

The quote I got from crusader sails with those measurements was for a 41.66ft Luff and a 21.89ft foot. Hope that helps.

Ian

Thx , do you think a symmetrical spinnaker from a 13m yacht would work ?

1.5 oz

Symmetrical spinnaker

Luff: 17.5m

Foot: 4.9m

Max width: 4.9m

Peter
Old 27-03-2018, 20:39   #105

Boat: Fountaine Lipari 41 Evolution

Sounds too long. Sounds like it was mast head sail. Most FP are fractional. On our Lipari the max luff is about 14.5 mtr. Zspar don’t recommend mast head rigging of the spinnaker as the mast is not stayed or braced

https://www.facebook.com/SvTwoflower
Dod42 is offline   Reply With Quote