Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2018, 22:15   #121

Boat: FP Lucia 40, Hull #22
Re: Lucia Owners

Rest of the answers.
When the tank fills the waste will go out through the breather hose.
Note that on the newer tanks (all except owners toilet) there is a design flaw. It is bottom fill and the upstanding pipe is almost directly under the breather. Electric toilets throw it up fast enough for some to get ducked out the breather even when the tank is empty!
MKB53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 22:18   #122

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lucia 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKB53 View Post
Rest of the answers.
When the tank fills the waste will go out through the breather hose.
Note that on the newer tanks (all except owners toilet) there is a design flaw. It is bottom fill and the upstanding pipe is almost directly under the breather. Electric toilets throw it up fast enough for some to get ducked out the breather even when the tank is empty!

Yup, happens on port and starboard electric toilets - small in volume - but noticeable
hobsonlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:56   #123

Boat: Fountaine Pajot - Lucia 40

Interesting. I was charged for 130 lt from a single tank...
Old 23-08-2018, 06:27   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKB53 View Post
Hi Two

Congratulations and welcome

I have put in my tuppence worth in CAPS, pun intended.
We are currently in the Gulf of Corinth into our 2nd summer cruising the Med.

Cheers
Hello Two
We will take delivery of our Lucia in April next year, so busy picking options. Agree with your thoughts on anchors, chain AIS etc. absolutely essential to have the right safety kit. Also would like to put a combo micro wave convection oven grill in the bottom cupboard next to the hob. Could you give me the details of the one you fitted, is it working ok? Im trying to get dimensions for the solar panel area, nigh impossible so far! I was thinking of semi flex but I don't think the well is not big enough. I would like to go for rigid 2 *250 watt. Does anyone have the max dimensions of the area behind the track. We presently live in Borneo and have no chance of getting to see a Lucia and doing some measurements so any help would be grateful received Many thanks and happy sailing cheers steve
Steve England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2018, 12:25   #125

Hi Steve
I can give you the dimensions for the panel area and details on microwave but I am a bit comms challenged at the moment. Bottom line with panels is don't go semi flex. I did and have just replaced with hard ones. Max you will get in the tray is 300w and they lose effectiveness due to high temp. Go hard with a decent airspace under.
Space behind the traveller is limited unless you are happy with the panels overhanging the bimini. I got 450w without going over which is adequate for our usage but you can't have too much!
I will post more info and photos when I get a chance.
Cheers
Martin
Old 24-08-2018, 08:36   #126

Hi Steve
There is a thread on Solar which has lots of info and we should not clutter the Owners thread with tech data.

I will post a couple of photos here but ther is already a lot of discussion and some example of installations (overhanging).
Old 24-08-2018, 10:54   #127

Boat: FP Lucia 40

Converted the owners large hanging locker into drawers this past week. We've found that with the 3 existing hanging lockers on the owners side we have ample hanging storage, but not much room for things that fit well into drawers like swimsuits, socks, shorts etc. The shop was able to use the door to make all the drawer fronts an 3 of the 5 face frames. The lower 2 were made from a material that is nearly a perfect match, but just a tad off.. but being foot level there is no way to see that.

We left the top shelf as a cabinet as seeing into the drawers from that height would be difficult.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18-08-21 13-03-14 4100.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	400.7 KB
ID:	176023  
Terbonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 11:43   #128

Boat: LUCIA 40 Maestro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terbonium View Post
Converted the owners large hanging locker into drawers this past week.
Very nice work Terbonium !
For sure will we do the same.

BUT ... I have realized when visiting the Lucia in a couple of boat show ... there is an other lost space behind the freezer. I looked at it (but no dismantling) and never found anything sitting there.... a quite big space.

Like you did, I think to use the wood panel to cut it just back of the freezer and be the front of a big wire mech drawer sliding out. If this si possible LOT of kitchen, food, etc can be stored there. I would use the same lock as the other used in the Lucia.

What do you think about ? As you already looked there for solar wiring, you should know every thing for that :-)

I found some very strong drawer slides that could do the job.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kitchen lost space.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	176753  
Old 04-09-2018, 05:12   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbala60 View Post

What do you think about ? As you already looked there for solar wiring, you should know every thing for that :-)
Thanks. The existing cabinet that accepts the freezer is 24" deep. The freezer is 21" deep. Not much room there.

The space behind the cabinet.(between the back of the cabinet and the outside of the boat) is where the 16k BTU saloon air conditioner is located for us. Maybe you saw a boat that did not have air con?

Here is a photo of the vent for the saloon air con. The unit sits just behind this panel which is held in place with clips.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	55775585706__6D6155A9-6EB9-426C-A860-1C5338B2A720.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	400.2 KB
ID:	176784  
Old 04-09-2018, 06:04   #130

Boat: LUCIA 40 Maestro

Quote:
The space behind the cabinet.(between the back of the cabinet and the outside of the boat) is where the 16k BTU saloon air conditioner is located for us. Maybe you saw a boat that did not have air con?
Understand. You are right the Lucia I inspect had no AC, I did not realized. So only those without AC can use the space between the "freezer area" zone (the vertical cut in the panel should be that limit" and the rest to the starboard cabin hull.

For the hanging locker you modified to drawers, I am evaluating the option to just add wire mesh drawers in the space, keeping the door as it is. I can do that myself but not a so nice cabinetry as you did.

I will be at Annapolis show to take more measurements.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:17   #131

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

"For the hanging locker you modified to drawers, I am evaluating the option to just add wire mesh drawers in the space, keeping the door as it is. I can do that myself but not a so nice cabinetry as you did."

I agree Terbonium, those look awesome! Did you have a cabinet maker do that, or is that your own work?

We'll be at the Annapolis show as well; we have a buyer who has put a deposit down and flying in this weekend to inspect/sail our boat, so with some luck, we'll be one step closer to ours!

Best regards,
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 08:49   #132

We had the work done by a cabinet maker. He was able to use the existing door for all the drawer faces and 3 of the 5 cross members of the face plate. Only the lower 2 face pieces between the drawers are made from locally sourced veneer which is about a 98% match to the existing material from FP.

The quality of the finish work in our opinion is as good or better than the factory cabinetry. Expensive, but we felt we got what we paid for and more.

We've been on a Lucia with wire racks in that cabinet and were not happy with the amount of storage lost because the bins were not an exact match for the space. We had thought about just putting in shelves.. But the depth of the cabinet would make getting to the back difficult. We left the existing top shelf in place and kept the door there for the few items we have that fit well there. Also drawers at that height would have been difficult to see in to.

Always excited to see what solutions other owners come up with.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:02   #133

Quote:
We had the work done by a cabinet maker. He was able to use the existing door for all the drawer faces and 3 of the 5 cross members of the face plate. Only the lower 2 face pieces between the drawers are made from locally sourced veneer which is about a 98% match to the existing material from FP.

The quality of the finish work in our opinion is as good or better than the factory cabinetry. Expensive, but we felt we got what we paid for and more.

We've been on a Lucia with wire racks in that cabinet and were not happy with the amount of storage lost because the bins were not an exact match for the space. We had thought about just putting in shelves.. But the depth of the cabinet would make getting to the back difficult. We left the existing top shelf in place and kept the door there for the few items we have that fit well there. Also drawers at that height would have been difficult to see in to.

Always excited to see what solutions other owners come up with.
Agreed, but my wife and I really like those drawers! Are you still down in Florida? Near Just Cataramans? Depending on what we do, it's possible we could take possession down there, and would be interested in the cabinet maker!

Regards,
Old 04-09-2018, 09:11   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeV View Post
Agreed, but my wife and I really like those drawers! Are you still down in Florida? Near Just Cataramans? Depending on what we do, it's possible we could take possession down there, and would be interested in the cabinet maker!

Regards,
Yes, we live with the boat in Miami. Just Catamarans did the cabinetry work.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:33   #135

Quote:
Yes, we live with the boat in Miami. Just Catamarans did the cabinetry work.
Good to know; thanks! My wife's plan is to give them our boat and tell 'em to do everything to make our boat look like yours! :-)

Thanks!
~Lee