Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2020, 02:42   #16

Boat: FP MALDIVES 32
Re: Maldives 32 questions

Hi,

I bought a Maldives 32 in december 2019.
It lies in Greece in Aegina.
I wanted to sail for the first time on this boat next w-e for about a fortnight, but..... unfortunatly the coronavirus came......
So Iīm waiting for my first sailing.
I have never sailed before in my life....but Iīm a very good Windsurfer and Kitesurfer ( so I know the wind, sea, etc. very well) and I wanted to change a little bit......
I also had a skipper to instruct me for the first few days.....but...corona....
So I have to wait ......

So this is my first boat and I think I made a good choice with this Maldives 32
I want to sail around in the mediterranean and I didnīt want to start with a too large boat. Also if I donīt like the life on board I can quickly sell it and start other things....

As I havenīt still sailed this boat I have no questions....!!!
But surely I will have after having spend some days on the Maldives 32.

So I just want to know if there are some guys who own the same boat to chat with....

Aloha
Kitecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 00:29   #17

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II

I feel your pain, to have just bought a boat like the Maldives and not be able to sail her is the height of frustration. Unfortunately, there are a lot of sailors, me included who are in the same situation, looking forward to the start of the European sailing season but not being able to for some time. For us there are no flights, cannot drive because of restrictions in intermediate countries and would not be allowed into Croatia anyway.
We are lucky, our boat is in a well managed safe and sheltered marina and we could afford to renew our yearly marina contract. Spare a thought for those who are laid off or lost their jobs and not so lucky.
Rapanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 08:39   #18

Imagine being in the live aboard cruising community somewhere tens of thousands of miles from home right now......... Locked down on your boat at a mooring or in a slip, no place to go, nothing to do............ Or having been caught on passage, only to find that nobody wants to let you in... or cyclone season is fast approaching, your bottom is foul, you need to do maintenance and stock up, and even if you could do the maintenance and provision, you aren't sure you could find a place to go in the other hemisphere. You can't afford to haul out and live on land, and in any case your visa is running out. You can't fly home, because your boat IS your home.............. There obviously are far worse situations than missing the summer cruising season because of the Wuhan Virus!!

H.W.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:30   #19

Boat: FP MALDIVES 32

hi,

of course you both are right, and we all can be happy to be healthy and in a good mood.
The earth has to protect herself and that what she is obviously doing......
So if we are over the hump, we know what we have to do......
Kitecapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 05:34   #20

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Mahe Evolution

Responding to this old thread in case someone is still monitoring it. My Maldives was recently damaged in hurricane Ian. I have her listed in the classified section and on Craigslist Fort Myers. PM me with your phone number if interested my number is in the Craigslist listing.

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee...565298589.html. My number is in the Craigslist listing.
Gpryce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Maldives