Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 09:15   #16

Boat: Fountaine Pajot LUCIA 40 Maestro Hull n°101
Re: Cruising Extras for Lipari 41

yep greg!
nice boat and nice shape your bluewater !

sure there is also a large number ( more than 600 ) of Lagoon 380 ( to stay on "double-hull" world )
Oliver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 15:56   #17

Boat: FP Lipari 40' Catamaran
Send a message via Skype™ to Toys_with_time
Re: Extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by jos444cars View Post
very good list from Muskoka! however as i am owning a lipari maestro since last may one thing YOU SHOULD NOT ORDER= the liferaft holding rack. it does not allow for a dinghy longer than approx 2.4m to be hoisted onto the davits! i had to cut this [fibreglass]holder/step off to allow for my 3.1m dinghy.
definitely the upgrade of the 30hp engines
if i would order it today again i would also order the electric toilet and a second holding tank. both cannot easily be fitted afterwards.
the bowsprit is a must for any gennaker or other additional sail
the gennaker supplied as an extra from factory is veeery basic, has no UV protection and the attachment of the furler only onto the rope on the bowsprit with a knot is to say the least minimalistic. every second time unfurling it it entangles the furling line. to avoid this =2 person opertion necessary!
ahh, another item i would order =automatic shower pump
and of course automatic bilgepumps
I can fit 3m dinghy with liferaft support provided there is no liferaft on it - just need to lift bow up & over.

re electric toilet easy to add the Jabsco liteflush unit as uses same fixings - wires are already put in by FP as part of wiring loom

re gennaker definetely recommend order the bowsprit as too hard to do after market and this comes with furler etc even if u dont order sail from FP. Agree tho' that furler is a nightmare. I added a shackle to seagull striker to help guide the furling line and this helped but still hate it. UV protection on lightweight gennaker stops it flying in light winds. (will post photo of my Lipari with ex army parachute as my downwind sail)

Can change the shower pump switch from a momentary switch to a rocker switch - quick and cheap

Bilge pumps in engine room are already wired for float switch by FP. Quick and easy as long as you are a masochist contortionist who doesnt mind a bit of blood in the bilge. Not sure about bilge pumps in hulls - havent got to them yet.

Agree re holding tanks - I got one in each hull.

I changed the FP switchboard for a BEP contact breaker type - gave me more switches plus dont have to crawl under seats to check fuses. Most wires are terminated by FP behind the switchboard so relatively easy.

Running extra cables through hulls / across from hull to hull relatively easy - lot of space under / behind everything. Just need to pull a lot of wall / ceiling / floor panels off and use a cable snake

T w T
Toys_with_time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 17:19   #18

Boat: FP Lipari 40' Catamaran
Send a message via Skype™ to Toys_with_time
Exclamation Re: Extras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toys_with_time View Post
(will post photo of my Lipari with ex army parachute as my downwind sail)

T w T
Flies happily from about 120 to 180 degrees and by the lee if main not up. Did about 5 knots in 12 - 14 knots true at 160 degrees. I need to work on the sheets / guys? to improve the shape. Dropping it without main to blanket it can be interesting (we ran over it after this but no harm done apart from ego) and sorting out the lines requires patience but about 1/10 the price of a spinnaker and no need to adjust for wind shifts - it just follows the wind shifts.
Sure do get very surprised looks from other boats

TwT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Parachute gang off Mallorca.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	33591  
Toys_with_time is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
equipment