Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-02-2011, 00:39   #1

Boat: TBA
Minimum Equipment on a New Order

if money was no object( don't we all wish) what extras would you buy firstly the factory extras then the aftermarket stuff. solar,alternator, switchboard,electronics,anchor system, everything you can think of. i'm trying to work out what i should be buying but would appreciate some imput for a 5year cruise also the dinghy you would purchase
aclmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:25   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot LUCIA 40 Maestro Hull n°101
Re: Extras

Hi boys and girls,

I'm a 39 years old sailing boy.
Use to do a lot of regatta all year long in mediterranean gulf near Perpignan and the spanish border on a friend 's Benet' First 40,7.
And I had an Oceanis 393 that I 've sold 6 month ago.
Me and my litlle family will cruise now on a brand new Fountaine pajot Lipari41.
It will be "summer-cruising time" between Corsica, and Balearic Island.

To talk about Lipari, Our maestro version will touch the water in La Rochelle end of May.
factory options:
2 30Hp engines
2 flexofold blades
All sailing light and inside lights are LED ones
Battery will be VICTRON AGM
Outside and inside Curtains

We 'll go to visit the factory end march or begening may, hope I'll make some nice photos of building area.
cheers !
Oliver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 16:52   #3

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40 / Hatteras 48

Things to factory order? Basically anything that's difficult to retrofit.

My choices for factory upgrades:
- get the Maestro version
- upgrade the engines to 30hp
- rough in power & ducting for aircon units
- at least 1 holding tank
- hot water tank
- upgrade the charging system
- bowsprit

You'll need plenty of other upgrades but it's probably better to sail the boat a while then go out and get them from 3rd party suppliers.
muskoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:08   #4

Boat: Fountain Pajot Lipari 40' Maestro - Seehund

very good list from Muskoka! however as i am owning a lipari maestro since last may one thing YOU SHOULD NOT ORDER= the liferaft holding rack. it does not allow for a dinghy longer than approx 2.4m to be hoisted onto the davits! i had to cut this [fibreglass]holder/step off to allow for my 3.1m dinghy.
definitely the upgrade of the 30hp engines
if i would order it today again i would also order the electric toilet and a second holding tank. both cannot easily be fitted afterwards.
the bowsprit is a must for any gennaker or other additional sail
the gennaker supplied as an extra from factory is veeery basic, has no UV protection and the attachment of the furler only onto the rope on the bowsprit with a knot is to say the least minimalistic. every second time unfurling it it entangles the furling line. to avoid this =2 person opertion necessary!
the factory refused to install a separate shower mixer in the maestro shower, i had to install it afterwards together with a holder for the shower head on the plastic partition. who wants to hold the shower handle all the time in the hand while showering?
ahh, another item i would order =automatic shower pump
and of course automatic bilgepumps
jos444cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 04:38   #5

forgot to talk abt the optional rain cover for the steering position=
the cover for the instrument console+steering wheel is good,
whilst the rain cover for the 'steering position' is ridiculously useless. it is a tiny cover to only partially close the entry frm the bridgedeck to the steering position. actually i hv discarded it now and made a new one really COVERING the full steering position incl steering seat

at handing over one should check the knot of the main halyard at the to of the mast! i know of 2 liparis [#24+28] where that knot was sheared through in strong winds in the bay of biscay by the sharp edges of the mounting plate of the mast-top. this knot should be fixed with a shekel to avoid the sharp edges of the hole drilled into the mounting plate. when one goes up the mast on a bosun's chair one's life depends on this knot....
Old 07-03-2011, 05:45   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jos444cars View Post
the factory refused to install a separate shower mixer in the maestro shower, i had to install it afterwards together with a holder for the shower head on the plastic partition. who wants to hold the shower handle all the time in the hand while showering?
Hi Jos,
any photo about your mounting system !
thanks !
Old 07-03-2011, 06:56   #7

oliver
i hv only 1 pic but the description is simple:
an upright standing off-the shelf showermixer with centre outlet with a flex hose and a showerhead/handle height adjustable on a vertical chromiumplated rail.
the pic shows only the exterior of the shower, but u can see the mounting points for the vertical rail through the acrylic shower partition. the standing mixer is mounted on the shelf adjacent to the partition inside the shower cubicle. hope i was describing this clearly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	duschvorhang_1045.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	24705  
Old 07-03-2011, 08:13   #8

Quote:
the pic shows only the exterior of the shower, but u can see the mounting points for the vertical rail through the acrylic shower partition. the standing mixer is mounted on the shelf adjacent to the partition inside the shower cubicle. hope i was describing this clearly
Thanks for the photos.
So you have 2 mixers ( one for the "washbasin" and the other for the shower ) exact ??
Ok for the vertical rail .
looks nice ! and confortable !

As an extra I also plan to add some flexible solar panels on the roof.
I'd like to get up to more or less 300W... ( I don't want them on the davits ) any suggestion ??
Old 08-03-2011, 23:56   #9

yes this arrangement r 2 separate mixers. bouhgt the standing mixer incl shower handle+adj rail for Euro 29.- at carrefour,
however the shower curtain i had to make/cut specially after the shape of the showercabin frm a standard commercial available shower curtain.

on the [flex] solar panels on the coach roof i cannot see how to fix and also where. there r the jib sheets and reefing lines, etc running across.....
also pls note 1. flex solar panels r having only 40-60% output of rigid ones. 2. that if a solar panel [of the 'standard' generation] is partially covered [even only by a rope going across] it stops working entirely?
i hv on my autralian boat one flex 40W on the roof which i installed as a 'walkway' to get access when attending to the aft end of the boom. i also hv 2 50W rigid ones installed port and s/boad on the coach roof, but if it is not just midday where the sun can pass by the mainsail without generating much of a shade, their output is very limited. most of the sailing the boom is somewhere near the center of the coach roof which leaves only the windward panel free frm shade of the sail [=max 50W!!]. therefore 90% of my electricity is generated by the 3x80W panels over the davits, as they r far enough behind the shade of the mainsail. they r getting usually full sun some 10-11 hours/day. enough to drive my fridge and at lunch time the small 12V schenker watermaker [22l/h]. i rely mostly on these solarpanels as this boat is fitted with 25hp outboard motors which hv hardly any significant electric output [at 5000rpm approx 8-10A each]. however at cruising speed i normally hv in light winds only 1 o/board running and with 3-4000 rpm. so u see i DO rely on solar....
Old 09-03-2011, 01:04   #10

Quote:
yes this arrangement r 2 separate mixers. bouhgt the standing mixer incl shower handle+adj rail for Euro 29.- at carrefour,
Hi jos thanks for answer, where did you fix the second one( shower) ???
did you keep the original one with the long hose too or did you change it also??

talking about panel, there are new semi flexible one that are really as efficient as the rigid ones, but much more expensive...
the davits are really light ones, and I'll have a 3m Caribe tender + Honda 15Hp on it !! I don't wont to put extra load on it with the panels...

that install is really nice...I'd like to do the same kind ! and it looks it can be added more panel behind the helm station.

It's on the FP Mahé Bimini tread; Nice install isn't it ??
Old 10-03-2011, 05:04   #11

oliver yes i kept the existing mixer as it was. i added only the new mixer inside the shower cabin on the left shelf.

the davits r really a disgrace! they r extremely light. i hv a 3.1 Plastimo FRP dinghy where i could only install a 9.8hp motor on it, inspite i wanted also 15hp. i was very long researching how to install a very light weight driving console, pic of davits/dinghy/solar encl.
of course the davits r constantly 'whipping' a bit if there r some waves.

i understand ur reservations abt the panels on the davits fully - ur problem is the motor weight!
i did not go for a bimini, as it would be in the way of the boom. anyway turns out most of the time when sailing the sun is somewhere behind the mainsail....

by the way i read that u get ur boat in la rochelle soon. i can only let u know that i got my boat last year and gave it for fitout to the company Uchimata in la rochelle. frm all the jobs they had to do on my boat the only job without problems were the solar panels. e.g. they installed my new Kiwi propellers WITHOUT SCREWING THEM ONTO THE PROPSHAFT. it is an absolut miracle that i did not loose one or even both, as i discovered that only in Palma de Mallorca, because i caught a rope in the prop! they were hanging on 2 gangs of thread of the small safety bolt in the centre and were sliding forward and backwards abt 1/2" on the spline of the shaft of the sail drives according forward or reverse. on my Spectra watermaker [which i purchased directly] they did install a non-return valve cracked, so it was sucking air. i had to buy a new sparepart and get it frm an agent installed. the electronic instruments were installed, but not interconnected [autopilot had no wind/depth, etc...]
they installed 2 units Webasto heaters in each hull. both did not work due to installation problems.
my problem only was, that i found all these issues only one by one in Malaga/Spain where i took delivery of the boat frm a delivery crew....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1454.JPG
Views:	334
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	24877  
Old 10-03-2011, 05:12   #12

ah, i forgot to attach the pics frm the rain cover of the steering position:
first is original FP
second my design....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	flybridge_1495.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	24878   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP4686.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	286.2 KB
ID:	24879  

Old 10-03-2011, 05:38   #13

Hi jos!
thanks again,

My lipari will be prepared by POCHOn working in LR too.
But I'll check all the system before leaving LR on the way back to Canet.
And my local FP agent ( also based in Canet ! ) is quite efficient so in any case of problem i'm sure they 'll solve it out !
Old 23-03-2011, 00:28   #14

Boat: Wauquiez Pretorien 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by nv5l View Post
I'm not sure buy's the right word, but I'd like to have a good cook on board -- in a bikini.
One that can cook French toast would be good ...
Old 05-05-2011, 01:57   #15

hi guys,

I'm gonna visit the FP factory next Monday.
hop I'll be able to do some photos !

my lipari will be hull n° 76 ( that is quite a lot done yet ! ) delivery in LR last week of May !

Tags
equipment