Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2018, 15:40   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Helia 44
Need email contacts at FP please

My new to me 2016 Helia 44 was documented with the USCG with the wrong hull number! A number was transposed and nobody noticed it. To fix the issue and get documented I have been working through my own government paperwork hell. The last piece of paperwork I need is an "original" corrected build certificate from FP. I only have one contact email there and he has not been returning my emails. Perhaps no longer with the company. Any help with contacts there would be appreciated.

Mike
S/V FootLoose
VeinDocFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 17:01   #2

Re: Need email contacts at FP please

https://www.fountaine-pajot.com/contact/#

info@fountaine-pajot.com
Pete17C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:44   #3

Thanks. I already have this link though. My emails through the link end up at the client service representative who apparently is too busy or not interested in helping with my issue. I was hoping to get hold of someone else directly to stimulate some action.

Mike
S/V FootLoose
Old 03-11-2018, 07:24   #4

Boat: FP Salina 48, Hobie 33

FP prides themselves on customer service. Unfortunately the French version of customer service is much different than the US version. 3-4 weeks to return an email is "fast". Unless it's the last couple weeks in July through the first couple weeks in September, then your issue may be delayed "for a short time" because most bigger businesses in France are closed in August.

They'll get to you. Eventually. Some day.
Tornadosailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:15   #5

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi

Unfortunately, they may never answer, unless it is something of their commercial interest or any potential liability. I am still waiting for some answers, even after contacting them by phone, after YEARS. When I contacted the Barcelona rep, they told me they were not going to represent FP anymore because they were losing too much face with their clients. Good luck
Inanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:02   #6

Boat: Globe, cutter/ketch,38

Try to have someone translate your request into their language, French. It may help?
Old 04-11-2018, 12:15   #7

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lavezzi

Thanks for the suggestion. I would recommend everybody to do it in French. Knowing the sensitivities, I did it in French (not perfect but understandable), but I cannot help ventilating my bitterness.
Inanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 00:58   #8
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanna View Post
Unfortunately, they may never answer, unless it is something of their commercial interest or any potential liability. I am still waiting for some answers, even after contacting them by phone, after YEARS. When I contacted the Barcelona rep, they told me they were not going to represent FP anymore because they were losing too much face with their clients. Good luck
Dear Inanna,

Quite surprised about your comment about the lack of interest of the Barcelona representative for Fountaine Pajot... I suppose you contacted some years ago to the previous Fountaine dealer in that area, as since September 2016 we are the exclusive distributor for Fountaine Pajot in the area of Barcelona (Spain), we are very happy with the product, we are supporting all the Fountaine customers requesting our help and, as we believe in the brand, we have stock boats ordered for 2019 and 2020 seasons...

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any help while sailing in Spain https://marinaestrella.com/en/

Thanks!
MARINA ESTRELLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 19:50   #9

Well one of the three contacts I was given at FP instantly returned my email, punting the question back to the original representative that hasn't got back to me, assuring me that he will. Get it? Beuller...Beuller...Beuller? Je parlais francais aussi!

Wish me luck!

Mike

S/V FootLoose
Old 11-11-2018, 13:42   #10

Wow! They got back to me, are sending the desired documentation and something about a measuring tool for the escape hatch window. Will have to check the other threads about that.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:35   #11

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

I am impressed!

Back in 2014 or 2015 it took me weeks to get any response from FP, then it took them weeks to source the part. They have no records about build details of a 2006 Mahe, so they sent me the wrong part (they sent a door lock I could get at the next homedepot for 1/10 of the FP price).

In the end the failed to deliver a suiteable lock, charged me shipping both ways, and a restocking fee by far exceeding the value of the re-stocked part.

After 6 months I had no part, but they had my money. Just plain horrible.
All that was handled in french talking directly to the factory reps, so language barrier was not the issue. Also it was winter, so not their usual August break . FP customer service just sucks.

Lagoon was much easier to deal with, but this time I used a local dealer. Time between first contact and delivery was less than a week. Part was reasonable but shipping was expensive UPS.
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
email, lease