Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-09-2020, 10:31   #16

Boat: 2008 Selene 66
Re: New FP51 to replace Saba 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmSeasQuest View Post
We use the Garmin watches paired to the Garmin network all the time (Quatix). They are very handy especially for sail trimming at the winches. The autopilot interface works fine, although I prefer the tactile buttons on the Garmin remote.

I'm not sure what additional integrations I would ask for - between the Garmin and Victron networks; virtually every system is accessible via an iPad.
What I was referring to would be the generator interface (if they use a Fisher Panda it will connect directly via the NEMA 2000 bus and be able to be monitored on the Garmin system). As well all the tank levels and fingers crossed that by the time it's actually built the Volvo EVC-2 system will also directly connect making all engine information accessible to all devices on the network.

While I know "keep it simple" is always the best option, I am a huge believer of integration and accessible information. I own a large commercial mechanical company and we build office buildings and currently a smart coffee maker could access the diesel fuel system if it was allowed to!

I know that the Yacht Controller system will now directly integrate to the EVC-2 system with nothing more complex than adding it to the NEMA network and suddenly you have a remote control around your neck for all your docking, capable of controlling not only the engines but the bow thruster too.
Dauntless66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2020, 11:34   #17

Boat: Bali 4.8 Catamaran

Will the FP51 have an option for crew quarters in the forepeak like the Bali 5.4? We are weighing between the two and that could be a decision-making point.
Karlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2020, 11:39   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlt View Post
Will the FP51 have an option for crew quarters in the forepeak like the Bali 5.4? We are weighing between the two and that could be a decision-making point.
Not sure where you are based. But even if you DOUBLED my daily rate, there is no way I am sleeping in the bow crew quarters.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2020, 11:51   #19

Boat: Bali 4.8 Catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snore View Post
Not sure where you are based. But even if you DOUBLED my daily rate, there is no way I am sleeping in the bow crew quarters.
Serious question so forgive my ignorance. You don't say, but I assume you must be a boat captain. If so, where do you sleep to not take a cabin from a paying charter customer? If you have a captain and a cook with even a 6 cabin boat that would be taking two cabins? Am I missing something?
Karlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2020, 13:05   #20
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Retired Delivery Capt
Send a message via Skype™ to Snore
New FP51 to replace Saba 50

Quote:
Serious question so forgive my ignorance. You don't say, but I assume you must be a boat captain. If so, where do you sleep to not take a cabin from a paying charter customer? If you have a captain and a cook with even a 6 cabin boat that would be taking two cabins? Am I missing something?

When I did charters, I took a cabin. Hard to be nice, pleasant and perky when you are forced to live in a hole with no AC and fewer comforts than my own 33’ boat. Some guys do— at the risk of sounding flip, I don’t.

On deliveries I require a cabin. Especially on a delivery where we go 24-hours a day and I am often awaken on my off watch for situations- I require a cabin.

All that said some Med firms have guys who live in those spaces.
"Whenever...it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea..." Ishmael
Snore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2020, 18:36   #21
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

Quote:
There are thousands of quality captains that have no problem sleeping in the forward v. Heck, I've seen quite a few sleep in the cockpit. Look at what revenue is generated in a cabin. To give that up? Nope.

Any photos or videos of the new FP51?

Tags
Saba