Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2022, 06:59   #1

Boat: Antares GT 44
New our Used Tanna 47

I am trying figure out what to do about chasing the dream. My retirement date is in two and half year away. I trying to see should have a New Fountaine Pajot Tanna 47 built. Our should I went and see if I can find one around 2 to 4 years old used from a private owner no charters. My wife and I have sailed on a 2020 45 Fountaine Pajot Ebla in the BVI two months ago we did like it but we think it is to small but it would work but we would be better on Tanna 47 3 cabin owner version owners and Aura 51 two cabin owner.
Do yell think around 2025-26 there will be a good inventory of the newer used Tanna 47 & 51 Aura on the used market??
Sailingwithgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2022, 06:49   #2

Re: New our Used Tanna 47

Hey Fountain Pajot community does anybody know how many Fountain Pajot Tanna 47 are getting built every year out of the Factory in La Rochelle, France? I am trying to see how many Tanna 47 3 cabin owner version could be on the used market in 2025-26.
Thanks for your time.
Old 13-07-2022, 07:15   #3

My 2 cent "guess" is that it will be tough finding any owners versions 2-4 years old in 2025. This isn't due to the current market, it's due to the fact that the Tanna came out in 2021 and in 2025 it will only be 4 years old. You are further restricting your search by only looking at owner's versions.

Use the Leopard 50 as a guide. It came out 4 years ago in 2018 and there are typically less than 5 available. It doesn't really have a 3 cabin version but you can guestimate what the market looks like.
NPCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2022, 23:51   #4

Boat: Lightwave 45

Hi

I pick up a new Tanna in October. I would have preferred a Saona 2-4 yo but they were more expensive than a new boat.

Frankly, whilst orders remain out 3-5 years, I do not think this will change much for the foreseeable future.
cwjohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2022, 07:01   #5

Hi CW Congratulation on your new Tanna
The Tanna 47 is like the the Ebla 45 it his the open salon that makes it very nice. What tunes me off on the Saona 47 is the table in the middle of the salon takes up all the room.
The Ebla come out in 2020 and now you see more & more on the used market now in Florida
I hope in will be the same on the Tanna in a couple of years. My retirement date is in summer of 2025 and Fountain can not fix my price on a new delivery because it is past the 3 year window all they will go out on the cost.
Old 21-07-2022, 15:01   #6

Boat: Lightwave 45

Hi

Since I ordered my Tanna prices on new boats have increased by 15% but the $US has strengthened signficantly against the Euro.

My boat (fully specced) will be around U$950K (ordered a year ago)
New boat (Same spec) is around U$1050K

Typical 2 yo Saona (similar spec) U$1.1-$1.2
4 yo Saona (similar spec) U$900-1M

There will be plenty of used Tannas on the market in 2025/26 but they will be at a significant price - probably around U$1.3M+

My view is that anybody who does not take advantage of the extraordinary strength of the US against the Euro is crazy.
cwjohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 13:32   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailingwithgil View Post
Hey Fountain Pajot community does anybody know how many Fountain Pajot Tanna 47 are getting built every year out of the Factory in La Rochelle, France? I am trying to see how many Tanna 47 3 cabin owner version could be on the used market in 2025-26.
Thanks for your time.
Hi you can get mine in 3 years from now, brand new 2023 Tanna 47, but is a 5 cabin version (why you want a 3 cabin, what do you need that huge bathroom for?)
claudioita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2022, 13:33   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwjohm View Post
Hi

Since I ordered my Tanna prices on new boats have increased by 15% but the $US has strengthened signficantly against the Euro.

My boat (fully specced) will be around U$950K (ordered a year ago)
New boat (Same spec) is around U$1050K

Typical 2 yo Saona (similar spec) U$1.1-$1.2
4 yo Saona (similar spec) U$900-1M

There will be plenty of used Tannas on the market in 2025/26 but they will be at a significant price - probably around U$1.3M+

My view is that anybody who does not take advantage of the extraordinary strength of the US against the Euro is crazy.
Is not only the exchange, more about inflation, there is huge inflation in the world
Old 22-12-2022, 08:36   #9

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudioita View Post
Hi you can get mine in 3 years from now, brand new 2023 Tanna 47, but is a 5 cabin version (why you want a 3 cabin, what do you need that huge bathroom for?)
exactly, I have a owners version Lavezzi 3 cabin but would have liked more the 4 cabin version.
if you live aboard 1 cabin as workshop and storage room for parts, tools, gadgets(perfect is a bunk bed cabin like in Sanoa 47), 1 head as wet locker, 1 cabin as household room with washing machine, cleaning stuff and additional freezer plus food and cloth storage storage (that's where the mess is, always :-) door closed and mess gone out of sight), that cabin can be converted to seldom 2nd crew cabin. 1 guest cabin (stern) 1 owner cabin (because of the household cabin its mostly clean an cosy)
you shower mostly at the transom, that big head is total waste of space for the occasional shower mostly brushing your teeth and cleaning your face there.

well every boat is a compromise...I have the big freezer standing in the owners hull instead of the never used desk, the huge STB owners head also got a big additional locker where all cleaning and sanitary storage is and owner hallway lockers for cloth and under bench the 12V water maker plus plumbing tools and spares,
the BB bow cabin is workshop, tool,parts and food storage with a hanging 3,5kg Mini Washing machine and stern rear is guest cabin
CaptainRivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2022, 08:43   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainRivet View Post
exactly, I have a owners version Lavezzi 3 cabin but would have liked more the 4 cabin version.
if you live aboard 1 cabin as workshop and storage room for parts, tools, gadgets(perfect is a bunk bed cabin like in Sanoa 47), 1 head as wet locker, 1 cabin as household room with washing machine, cleaning stuff and additional freezer plus food and cloth storage storage (that's where the mess is, always :-) door closed and mess gone out of sight), that cabin can be converted to seldom 2nd crew cabin. 1 guest cabin (stern) 1 owner cabin (because of the household cabin its mostly clean an cosy)
you shower mostly at the transom, that big head is total waste of space for the occasional shower mostly brushing your teeth and cleaning your face there.
Exaclty my thought; instead of a huge (mostly unused) bathroom I have: a bunk bed for kids or crew of 2 or workshop, a normal bathroom, a washer/dryer, and another room that can host guests or used as storage for whatever
Old 22-12-2022, 09:07   #11

my suggestion go smaller, for 1 Mio you also get a OC44 from HH catamaran. with transom folded down its 48 feet...building quality and overall much much better then FP. you can already order it with a workshop&storage room. no hybrid setup save a lot money. that's what would I get if having 1 Mio as budget. was actually my budget but then I could retire in 2020 15 years earlier then planned but as consequence budget for cat went down to 250k, enough too as this 40ft is even too big but for offshore the minimum. the more you have the more breaks, the bigger the rig the more expensive to replace and costs go up exponentially.

went for the FP 40 Lavezzi as it's 7t only, last well sailing mass production catamaran that was outfitted with 2x50hp by former and only owner instead 2x20hp...doing WOT 15kn, so a sailing and power catamaran in one :-)
Old 23-12-2022, 07:49   #12

Thank for you all suggestion CapainRivet My wife and I have book a week on a new Tanna 47 this coming up May in the BVI and we will see how it sails. And new build for new 44- 47 size on most brands are running about 1.2M give our take with that said I am hoping that there will be a good inventory on the used market on the size from 44-47 in 2025 and I will be looking at a few brands that have my eye on is the OC44, Antares 44GS,Seawind 1370,Balance 442 and Balance 482 I would rather spend my money on Good Quality Brand than a production boat and Looking for little more performance on the side than Production boat have to give. Thanks to all
Old 28-12-2022, 08:11   #13

Forget being a good market in 2025 seeing the backlog of the manufacturers and the exceptionally high demand in excactly the 44-47 range you are looking. Everybody wants that size…What’s available will go for above list price.
Just order new and you will Lucky getting it in 2026.