Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2014, 05:39   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Belize 43 Maestro
Non-Skid on deck and in cockpit

I recently experienced a bad fall in the cockpit of our new-to-us Belize. I slipped on an area of the cockpit where the non-skid had worn down to a smooth surface. Besides remembering to always wear boat shoes in the future, I am interested in renovating the non-skid. Does anyone have any experience with molds or other devices that match the surface pattern of non-skid used by FP - this way the surfaces fit is well with other areas of non-skid on he boat. I'm sure I can just paint the deck with non-skid paint, but this just won't look as nice.

Thanks
peteatbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 23:09   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46 Maestro
Re: Non-Skid on deck and in cockpit

FWIW our boatbuilder somehow took a mould off our original decktread to make a new pattern for some repairs on our Bahia. Looks as good as new but no idea how he did it. Time consuming and expensive is what I do know

Cheers
Lisa
Old 02-07-2014, 06:20   #3

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Belize 43 Maestro

Thanks KiwiKat. I've sent off a picture to Gibco Flexmold and asked what they can do. Also working with a USA FP service team to see if they can get info from France.
peteatbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:00   #4

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II

In the Uk you can buy non slip spray which is transparent, suitable for interior or exterior and claimed to last 6 months. Our Athena has the same problem and I virtually never work on deck in bare feet, instead sail in sandals that can stand being wet and have decent grip and non marking soles. In more temperate climes its either deck shoes or wellies. Side effect is also no broken toes, bruised heels etc.
Rapanui is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cockpit, deck