Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-05-2015, 11:44   #31

Re: Older FP stanchion bases

Did anything ever come from this? As I am now looking for Stanchion bases for my FP Lavezzi.
mlsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 07:56   #32

Boat: FP Bahia 46

Just to close the loop, we ended up having a Stainless guy in Pensacola, Florida, customize a stainless stanchion base that fits in the FP aluminum base location and uses the existing single bolt from below the deck. Easy to install. Expensive compared to the ones supplied by FP but for us it was worth it. Almost all of our original stanchion bases had corroded to powder on the inside. Granted, our Bahia46 is a 2001 and was probably used hard as a charter before we bought it. I'm sure nobody went to the trouble of rinsing the stanchions with fresh water on a regular basis.

Allen Denton
TRP Pros, Inc
P.O. Box 12985
Pensacola, FL 32591-2985
phone: 850-292-0768

Price was $140usd per stanchion base with the extra braces welded on. Yes, expensive. But now we have stainless and no regrets. Here's a photo:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	final custom stanchion base installed on our boat IMG_1048.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	338.7 KB
ID:	106224  
tpoffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 15:37   #33

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Bahia 46 Maestro

Nice to know, thanks. Looks good too
Old 28-07-2015, 23:42   #34

Boat: FP Lavezzi 40, BMW R1200GS

I know Multihull solutions have 4 or 5 of these in stock. They charge $75 order processing fee (thought they waived 50% of that) and the around $50 for the base. I bought one a few months ago.
ducati996guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2019, 15:49   #35

Boat: 2013 Fountaine Pajot Salina 48 Evolution. Previous vessel FP. Lavezzi. Build number 78.

While sailing recently I tightened my safety hand lines to take the sag out of them. At the end of the day I was moving along the deck and noticed one of my staunchions moving. The inside of the base had turned to powder and I could lift it clear of the deck. I contacted our Australian distributor, to no avail. Does anyone have one to sell?
cavitation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2019, 18:39   #36

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Belize 43

Cavitation, I just ordered 12 to replace all of mine on my Belize 43. Muriel.guillard@fountaine-pajot.com works customer service and can get these to you. The part number is 1007822 STANCHION BASE for 24.88€ per unit. Pretty reasonable and she shipped it via FedEx, it was here in three days. After hearing some folks having problems with FP customer service in the past I found working with Muriel went very smoothly.
AA996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2019, 17:30   #37

Boat: FP Bahia 46’

Quote:
Originally Posted by AA996 View Post
Cavitation, I just ordered 12 to replace all of mine on my Belize 43. Muriel.guillard@fountaine-pajot.com works customer service and can get these to you. The part number is 1007822 STANCHION BASE for 24.88€ per unit. Pretty reasonable and she shipped it via FedEx, it was here in three days. After hearing some folks having problems with FP customer service in the past I found working with Muriel went very smoothly.
I totally agree with you , Muriel is fantastic and I to ordered some stanchion base as well as a new lock for the sliding door on my Bahia , also got new dynema lines to replace the steering cable .
Adonf46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 12:57   #38

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Belize

Thanks all for contact info for Muriel. I just ordered and received these bases from FP for our Belize. Also got replacement stanchions as the originals had fused into the bases. Theoretically, we could have gotten them off, but didn’t want to put in the amount of time and labor it would have taken.

One question about sleeves to go around the stanchion and separate the stainless steel from the base...I thought I read somewhere that these would be included, but they weren’t. Does anyone know if they can be easily obtained in the U.S. and what they would be made of. There seems to be about .5-1 mm clearance for it.

Thanks!
Chat de Mer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 19:50   #39

I know this thread was some time ago but I am in the same place - looking for stanchion bases for our Athena 38. Any leads? I tried the suggestions here but haven’t been able to get a hold of them. I found someone that could get them at 200 USD a piece but that price seems a bit insane (for the original aluminum ones)
SVStoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2022, 20:13   #40

Boat: 2013 Fountaine Pajot Salina 48 Evolution. Previous vessel FP. Lavezzi. Build number 78.

Hi. In 2019 I ordered 4 from Muriel and then I ordered enough to complete a full set. She is helpful and efficient. Excellent to deal with. The part number is 1007822 and they are nothing like $200 each. I will see if I can find the invoice. Here is her email mailto:muriel.guillard@fountaine-pajot.com
Old 03-03-2022, 21:34   #41

Found it. €95 Euro for 4 staunchion bases + frieght.
Covid is playing havoc with every facet of life over here so I bet it is the same in France. I'm betting you will have to drill the phillips head screws that hold the stainless tubes into the base. Use a number 2 center drill to start each one. You can find them on line or a place that sells tooling for lathes and mills.
Old 06-03-2022, 17:25   #42

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Belize

In June 2020, I ordered stanchion bases from Fountaine-Pajot through Muriel Guillard <muriel.guillard@fountaine-pajot.com> for $24.38 Euros each plus shipping. She sends a credit card authorization form for you to fill out. We also bought some stanchions since some of our stanchions had fused with the bases.
Chat de Mer is offline   Reply With Quote