Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-08-2012, 20:23   #1

Orana 44 with Every Problem Imaginable

Recently listed: 2007 Orana 44 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

Translation:

This ORANA 44 'building No. 1 is a ship with processing, material and construction defects: the complete salon door fell out, both of Genoa roles were broken, the floor in the living room set up, the roof lifts off, the entire ground tackle broke, Timing chain jumped out, rudders made ​​their own, Helm breaks away, incurred in the wooden boxes and kitchen block by tension cracks, hinges rust on the fridge, hosing down the window runs out, the black sealant, and the skylight was forgotten, wood discoloration of wet areas is black, later a 5m long and 20kg heavy stainless steel beam was installed at the traveler, as the first excerpt from the Orana's Traveller, cheap fittings and the lights are rusting, the mirrors are blind. The whole ship has hundreds of cracks and the cracks are in different places and over again. Furthermore, the ship had also OSMOSIS, which is either an absolute or Billigstmaterial workmanship or both.
jostalli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 21:27   #2

Re: Orana 44 with every problem imaginable

Sale already pending, seems to be a fast sale...
BambooSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 22:11   #3

Boat: Truant Triad 37 Cutter-Alaska, Leopard 40 Cat, Bahamas

Seems like a joke being played. If so, I like "hinges rust on fridge".
seahag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2012, 23:23   #4
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

I like "the mirrors are blind". Babel fish?
minaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 18:54   #5

Boat: Lavezzi 40, Pourpre
Re: Orana 44 with Every Problem Imaginable

Looks like a set up, either a scam or someone trying to trash the brand.
Dragon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 19:51   #6

Boat: S34 Bob Stewart - 1959 Patiki class. Re--built by me & good mate.

Somebody trying to get at FP.
lateral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2012, 20:13   #7
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

There have been similar reported cases, even right here on CF...
Old 15-08-2012, 00:56   #8

Boat: Gemini 105MC 34 ft hull#753

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaret View Post
There have been similar reported cases, even right here on CF...
Oh My Really
Old 15-08-2012, 01:25   #9

Boat: Lavezzi 40, Pourpre

Don't worry "it's not structural and is only cosmetic".
Dragon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 09:17   #10

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Lady View Post
Don't worry "it's not structural and is only cosmetic".
Ouch!
Old 15-08-2012, 09:34   #11

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!

Orana 44, a real piece of ****, sorry to sound rude, 20n ft close to my boat a 2010 Orana full of blisters ... Awful...
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2012, 11:18   #12

Boat: OEM, proportional

Quote:

43'
Orana 44

Year: 2007
Current Price: EUR 100,000 Tax Not Paid
(US$ 123,440)
Located In Thailand
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Engine/Fuel Type: Twin diesel
YW# 74703-2498227
Sale Pending (transl: yeah right.....don't hold your breath, mate)

Diese ORANA 44' Bau N° 1 ist ein Schiff mit Verarbeitungs-, Material- und Konstruktionsfehlern: die komplette Salontür fiel heraus, beide Genuarollen zerbrachen, der Fußboden im Salon stellte sich auf, das Dach hebt sich ab, das ganze Ankergeschirr brach ab, Steuerkette sprang heraus, Ruderblätter machten sich selbständig, Steuerstand bricht weg, bei den Holzkästen und Küchenblock sind durch die Spannungen Risse entstanden, Scharniere am Kühlschrank rosten, beim Abspritzen der Fenster rinnt die schwarze Dichtungsmasse heraus, auch die Dachluke wurde vergessen, Holz der Nassräume verfärbt sich schwarz, nachträglich wurde eine ca. 5m lange und 20kg schwere Nirosta Traverse am Traveller eingebaut, da bei den ersten Orana's der Traveller ausriss, die billigen Amaturen und Leuchten rosten, die Spiegel werden blind. Das ganze Schiff hat hunderte von Rissen und die Risse kommen an verschiedenen Stellen immer wieder. Weiterhin hatte das Schiff auch OSMOSE, was entweder ein absoluter Verarbeitungsfehler oder Billigstmaterial oder beides ist.

Contact Captain Klaus Tietze at +49 421 620 83 32 or email him at tietze@cat-sale.de Professional assistance from selection, survey, contracting, safe and reliable money transfer up to delivery of your chosen Multihull to any destination worldwide!

Please contact Klaus Tietze at +49 (0)421 620 83 32
The micahfish translation:

This Orana 44' Build No. 1 is a vessel with application-, material- and construction faults: the complete Saloon door fell, out, both Genoa-rollers broke, the deck in the Saloon lifted, the Deckhead lifted off, the complete anchoring gear broke off, Steering chain came adrift, Rudder foils came loose, Helm stand broke away, Galley cabinets developed stress cracks, Fridge hinges rusty, black sealant leaks out when hosing Portholes, Skylight was forgotten (transl: forgot to seal?), Woodwork in heads developed black stains, a 5m 20kg stainless traverse was subsequently installed because the traveller ripped loose on the initial Oranas, cheap gauges and lights rust, mirrors opaque. The complete vessel has hundreds of cracks which reappear in diverse places. Further, the vessel has osmosis, which is either an application or material failure or both.

End translation. Begin derision.

Lol, a bargain; she'll be snapped up in a heartbeat! End derision. Begin realism.

What can you expect from build No 1? Should have been scrapped or destructive tested....not sold.
Old 14-06-2013, 08:15   #13

Location: Cruising the Caribbean, Rio Dulce, Guatemala during Hurricane season 2012
Boat: FP Orana 44

I knew someone who was very close to this owner. All I can say is what would become of a boat if: It is impounded for its first year: The boat has never been looked after or aired: The owner does not know how to sail or has never owned a boat before: The owner sailed the Indian Ocean against the trades and and ...
Aluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 08:46   #14

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluna View Post
I knew someone who was very close to this owner. All I can say is what would become of a boat if: It is impounded for its first year: The boat has never been looked after or aired: The owner does not know how to sail or has never owned a boat before: The owner sailed the Indian Ocean against the trades and and ...
None of the defects listed should have happened on a sound boat regardless of whether the owner knew how to sail, owned a previous boat or sailed against trade winds.

I was on this boat when it was new in the Annapolis boat show. Somewhere here I posted my observations that there were already stress cracks in numerous places, the anchor roller and gear had already broken and were spot welded back, the cross beam was corroding under the fittings, the salon floor was buckling and the support structures that I could see under it from the hull steps were cracked and pulling away from their bonds and that the traveller was pulling loose from the bimini. I pointed much of this out to Gregor Tarjan who was on the boat with his wife and he just waved his hands as them being only cosmetic and already fixed in production.

I also took a lot of heat for the posting from FP fans.

Also here I posted similar observations on the first Lagoon 400. Took a beating on that post also. Will be interesting to see how that plays out in the future.

First boats of new models often have many problems. Yes, it is the manufacturer's fault - most of the problems I have seen are due to cutting corners in engineering, design and outfitting, and the others are due to trying to build cost effective condominiums for charter company business plans more than seaworthy boats.

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2013, 08:53   #15
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
None of the defects listed should have happened on a sound boat regardless of whether the owner knew how to sail, owned a previous boat or sailed against trade winds.

I was on this boat when it was new in the Annapolis boat show. Somewhere here I posted my observations that there were already stress cracks in numerous places, the anchor roller and gear had already broken and were spot welded back, the cross beam was corroding under the fittings, the salon floor was buckling and the support structures that I could see under it from the hull steps were cracked and pulling away from their bonds and that the traveller was pulling loose from the bimini. I pointed much of this out to Gregor Tarjan who was on the boat with his wife and he just waved his hands as them being only cosmetic and already fixed in production.

I also took a lot of heat for the posting from FP fans.

Also here I posted similar observations on the first Lagoon 400. Took a beating on that post also. Will be interesting to see how that plays out in the future.

First boats of new models often have many problems. Yes, it is the manufacturer's fault - most of the problems I have seen are due to cutting corners in engineering, design and outfitting, and the others are due to trying to build cost effective condominiums for charter company business plans more than seaworthy boats.

Mark

Get ready for some more heat! People don't want to hear the truth.

Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Tags
orana