Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2007, 10:39   #181

Send a message via Skype™ to pguillemin
propane

Larry

Propane tank are avaiable at Boyes propane service in Fort Lauderdale.
531 NE 8th street ( just South and west of Sears Town)
Will be glad to help you with the hose conversion.(we use hydraulic fitting company on SW 2nd street ,south of State road 84)
Old 04-10-2007, 14:42   #182

Boat: Mahe 36
I did it! First West Coast Mahe!

Well I went ahead and did it and put my deposit down on a new Mahe 36. It will be based in SF Bay area. Thanks for all the info on this board. By the way, can anyone tell me the dimension of the gennaker/spinnaker that is an option for this boat?
thanks,
Lori
Old 04-10-2007, 19:20   #183

Boat: fp athena 38 ..10 10
cat haulout near annapolis

can anyone suggest a place to haulout and re rig near annapolis?....jt
Old 04-10-2007, 20:23   #184

Boat: Mahe 36
What is the V2 E pack on Mahe?

Another quick question. What is included in the V2 E pack on the mahe? The price of this option is many thousands of dollars and I was wondering what it includes. I am assuming it has the usual nav instruments, autopilot, and, VHF, and GPS. Does anyone know what instruments are actually included?
thanks in advance,
Lori
Old 05-10-2007, 17:19   #185

Boat: Mahe 36 KOKOMO
JC, Thanks for the info on the LP tank - How's your bimini? When you get a chance I'd like to see a picture - so we can get ideas on changing ours. Lightning damage so far totals $15,000. It took out all the elctronics, lights, engine panels and two exit spots in the hull. Larry
Old 06-10-2007, 09:17   #186

Boat: 45ft FP Casamance
Had a long look at the Mahe at the Cape Town boat show over the last 2 days. She had a rough ride from France, got hammered in the BofBiscay, when around the Atlantic high to Southern Brazil and from there across to Cape Town, just north of the forties (36degrees south). Skipper reckons she handled it all no problem. Only slammed a few times with a big confused side on swell. The boat looks abolutely brand new after the trip...apart from one of the port side shrouds which started fraying at the crimp. Over the past week I looked at various Wildcats (Mark 1,11) (great layout=great boat at the price), a 99 Nose Be (same hulls, forerunner to the Admiral 38), a 2003 Parlay 40 (=Norseman) which has awesome layout but bad reputation for nose diving, 2001 Island Spirit 37 (my 2nd choice after the Mahe), Dean 360 (no ways), new St Francis 50 (I wish), 2005 Knysna 440 (maybe: trying hard too get the finances to work: most boat for the money), new Admiral 40 (to much fancy woodwork on the one I saw) and a new Leopard 40 (good looking boat, none 2nd hand yet).
In the under 40ft range the Mahe comes out tops w.r.t. cabin width and layout, alround vision in the saloon (awesome), 1 big head with big shower etc (3 cabin version), engine is in own compartments, dedicated nav station within line of sight from steering bench etc etc. Also awesome bridge deck clearance. Also the construction is injection molded = lighter and stronger they say? However, compared to most SA built boats the Mahe's fittings generally look VERY lightweight, almost Mickey mouse excuse my French. Things like mast, winches, windlass, shrouds, tiny battery banks, 500watt invertor just enough to run a toothbrush, poor quality fridge/freezer, very lightweight and small hatches....not to mention the prices they charge for all the "essential extras". But then again in SA a lot of the fittings on the SA boats are probably overdesigned, erring on the side of caution.
The Mahe certainly looks like it will be easy to singlehand, looks like a light boat, relatively small sail area, easy to handle for hubby whilst mom is down below handling the two toddlers...but a lot of the fittings don't look like they will last past a year...Anyway, all things being equal I am probably going to order one soon! Would love to hear from guys who have had their mahe's for a while...I will probably pick it up in France, does anyone have experience in fitting extras in La Rochelle or nearby after receiving the boat from FP?
Thanks
Fishy
Old 10-10-2007, 10:31   #187

Boat: Alura 30
Old 10-10-2007, 10:31   #188

Old 10-10-2007, 10:32   #189

Old 10-10-2007, 10:46   #190

Boat: FP Mahe 36

Looks great, looks like it covers the helm?
Lonnie
Old 10-10-2007, 10:47   #191

Send a message via Skype™ to pguillemin
bimini

JC

Bimini looks great

What is the clearance for the helms seat
Old 10-10-2007, 10:47   #192

The bimini is on the boat. I even have rod holder underneath,and an LED red and white over the table.it is beautifull but kind expensive.I can be seated under the canopy or unzip the part ver the helm and be standing up. JC.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:50   #193

Philippe once I get the new seat I will cut about 4" of the legs to really be more confortable.
Old 13-10-2007, 20:04   #194

Boat: Mahe 36 Wayward Wind
I am thinking of putting AC in our Mahe 36. We have specified for a freezer to be placed under the dining seat, but still have time to change that? For those of you who have installed it, I would appreciate your comments. Has it worked for you, pros, cons? If you had to do it again, would you do it differently?

If we have to move the freezer to make room for AC, any suggestions on where freezer can go?

Cheers!

John
Old 14-10-2007, 05:49   #195

John we have installed 2 Ac units,one on each side under the dinning seat.we have lost some space but there was no other way.each unit does one side of the boat.I think you could have an ice maker on the side where the fridge is,we are looking at a portable icemaker.
JC.
Closed Thread

Tags
mahe 36