Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-01-2009, 17:40   #631

Boat: Mahe 36
Hi Scott,
I would like to see any pictures you might have of your watermaker installation.
thanks,
Lori
Old 27-01-2009, 10:26   #632

Miami Boat Show

Hi!

does any one knows if FP will be at the boat show">Miami boat show next month?
and if they are showing the Mahe 36?

thanks
Old 27-01-2009, 11:26   #633

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
This is not in stone.

Strictly Sail
Old 27-01-2009, 17:55   #634

Community Sponsor

Boat: Mahe 36, Helia 44 Evo, MY 37
lavi08,

Yes, FP (Willmarusa) will be at the Miami show with a FP Mahe 36 trio.

Mark
Old 27-01-2009, 18:09   #635

thanks Therapy and Cotemar!

have been surching for while in FP calendar shows and, Miami Boat Show is not there and also if you go to The Mia Boat Show site they dont mention FP.

Thanks again.

Lavi08
Old 28-01-2009, 05:04   #636

Boat: Mahe, 36' "Oceanview"
Lori
I'm sending you message from Manjack Cay in the Bahamas, a nice guy opened his WiFi for the cruisers to use. Water maker is working great and really gives me the flexiblity of going to places that otherwise we wouldn't make. Have yet to take on any water at a marina for over 2 weeks. I'll post pictures when I have a better connection, maybe the end of the Feb.

Scott
Old 28-01-2009, 15:05   #637

Boat: Still have the 33yo Jon boat. But now a CATAMARAN. Nice little 18' Bay Cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott730 View Post
Lori
I'm sending you message from Manjack Cay in the Bahamas, a nice guy opened his WiFi for the cruisers to use. Water maker is working great and really gives me the flexiblity of going to places that otherwise we wouldn't make. Have yet to take on any water at a marina for over 2 weeks. I'll post pictures when I have a better connection, maybe the end of the Feb.

Scott

I have a question as drift.

If you did not have a water maker and conserved a "little", would you have been able to keep supplied by rainwater?
Old 29-01-2009, 11:37   #638

Therapy
Two things about your question, one, it hasn't rained since we got here and two, would you drink the rain water? The best thing about the water maker is we can make water any time and we know the quality of the water. A big issue, since RO water here is any were from 20 cents to 50 cents a gallon.
I would say it was one of the best investment we made next to buying the boat.
BTW left this message from Guana key, more and more places in the Bahamas have internet. But the economy is really hurt here as everywhere.
Scott
Old 29-01-2009, 15:14   #639
DtM

Hey Scott,

Can we get pictures and a specification (ie what bits etc) please.

I am very envious of your trip.

daniel
Old 29-01-2009, 16:26   #640

daniel
I'll try to get you some pictures and info in the next day or so, we are awaiting a cold front that will keep us tied up and on the boat for the next 2 days, so lots of down time.
Scott
Old 30-01-2009, 12:53   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott730 View Post
Therapy
Two things about your question, one, it hasn't rained since we got here and two, would you drink the rain water? The best thing about the water maker is we can make water any time and we know the quality of the water. A big issue, since RO water here is any were from 20 cents to 50 cents a gallon.
I would say it was one of the best investment we made next to buying the boat.
BTW left this message from Guana key, more and more places in the Bahamas have internet. But the economy is really hurt here as everywhere.
Scott
The part of it not having rained answers well enough.

Thanks.

Yes, I would drink rain water.
Old 04-02-2009, 23:28   #642

New Kid on the Blog

Hello All,
we got our Mahe No 95 by end of September 2008. I sailed her, with family but pretty much singlehanded into the Med. Now, that I have read through the posts of this forum, maybe you are interested, how we feel about the boat.
We have the CST Mainsail, a modified used bowsprit from a Belize, Volvo D1-20s with folding props, standard Bimini, 10' Dinghi with 10hp.
Sailing performance: compared to other production 'houseboats' our Mahes are pretty fast sailors. If the wind was right, I was able to outperform even a Baltic Cat 43 at a fun regata round Mallorca. Top speed in surf conditions was 15,5 so far.
I have a Bartels endless furler for the Gennaker, but am changing to sock system, because in stronger winds the shoulder of the Genny tends to shake loose and cause some danger.
For boat speed measures with engines, I only use GPS Data. My experience is: one engine @ 2100 makes around 5,5 to 6 kts in flat water, two make 6,5. I cannot reach 3000 with one engine, but with two. So I think the props are just right.
Best regards,
Jan
Old 05-02-2009, 01:03   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by jase View Post
Hello All,
we got our Mahe No 95 by end of September 2008. I sailed her, with family but pretty much singlehanded into the Med. Now, that I have read through the posts of this forum, maybe you are interested, how we feel about the boat.
We have the CST Mainsail, a modified used bowsprit from a Belize, Volvo D1-20s with folding props, standard Bimini, 10' Dinghi with 10hp.
Sailing performance: compared to other production 'houseboats' our Mahes are pretty fast sailors. If the wind was right, I was able to outperform even a Baltic Cat 43 at a fun regata round Mallorca. Top speed in surf conditions was 15,5 so far.
I have a Bartels endless furler for the Gennaker, but am changing to sock system, because in stronger winds the shoulder of the Genny tends to shake loose and cause some danger.
For boat speed measures with engines, I only use GPS Data. My experience is: one engine @ 2100 makes around 5,5 to 6 kts in flat water, two make 6,5. I cannot reach 3000 with one engine, but with two. So I think the props are just right.
Best regards,
Jan
I've just checked the results and find out that the Baltic Cat 43 came out first and you seventh out of 10 boats. That tell a different story!?

Multihull Charter » 11. MC-Cup 2008 (18.-25.10.08)

FLOYD
Old 05-02-2009, 01:48   #644

Floyd,
we did not take part in all races ;-). And as you may have read, I said: 'if the wind was right'. Dont't take it too serious, as I dindn't. They were many experenced sailors on board, we were only 1 1/2. But if you like, you can ask the builder of the Baltic and he will admit, that we had a good potential.
Jan
Old 05-02-2009, 16:49   #645

Boat: FP Lucia 40, Hull #22
Late Starter

Hi Guys

I have been a bit slow getting hooked into this thread but now that I have I found it is pretty interesting.

I took delivery of Hull 42 in August 07 and generally have been pretty happy except for some of the issues noted in this thread.

Picking up on some recent topics:
I have made some changes (improvements I think) to the gennaker and Jib sheeting. The standard setup is not great to say the least.
I have also fitted double line reefing for the main so I can now do it all from the helm. This involved mounting another 4 clutches and changing the block arrangement at the mast. This has not been tested in heavy conditions but seems to work OK!

I agree with previous comments on the gennaker furling drum and will have to look at a continous line system.

One the querstion of engine revs, props etc I cruise at 2600 normally and can get 2900-3000. I fitted Autostream feathering props in May and have been very happy with them. (except for the cost!) The standard fixed props are only fit for the scrapheap! The slipway recommended Propspeed antifouling and this seems to work well. As of now (8 months) there is NO growth on the blades and only a little on the hub.

Cheers
Martin
Closed Thread

Tags
mahe 36