Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 22:55   #1

Boat: Fountaine-Pajot Athena 38
Propane Stove and Burners

We have a 2001 Athena 38 and the stove and 3-burner top are barely usable (old, rusted, poor heat output)... Finally I splashed out with a few Black Friday deals and purchased replacements which are on their way to the boat - hopefully to arrive later this week :-)

So - I need to pull out the old and install the new.

So far I have not even identified how to remove the old units

I'm hoping someone may have already done this, and can advise me of any tips to reduce swearing as I reach/search/identify the right fittings to unscrew in the right order. And where I need to work from (Presumably that cupboard under the sink?)

Also - aside from replacing the units - is there any other work I should be considering while everything is out in the open? If so, I can purchase parts in advance and have a working stove without too much of a delay.

Thanks in advance
Marinegirl405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:16   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II
Re: Propane Stove and Burners

Not done it myself but you should get better access and visibility if you remove the shelf unit in the std loo, it's only 4 small screws. I guess the key is then to remove the oven first which should expose the bottom of the hob.
Rapanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 17:22   #3

Boat: Fountaine-Pajot Athena 38
Re: Propane Stove and Burners

OK - I did it! And it was much, much, much easier than I was anticipating! YAY!

Thanks Rapanui - but I wonder if our layout is different to yours? We have a the stove at the front of the cabin, and it is the sink and drainage area that backs on to to the stbd head.

Obviously, before I started, I also turned off the propane at the valves (the ones we have under the sink - one each for Hob and the oven) and also at the tank.

Anyway - I first tried removing the draw - no access there.
Head in the under sink cupboard - no access there.

For the 3 burner hob unit
================
Actually - all I needed to do was remove the corner screws from the top of the 3 burner stove-top unit. This then lifted out, and it is easy to disconnect the Propane hose that connects to that unit.

For the stove
========
It turns out that the stainless trim we had around ours was what the stove is also screwed to - so removing the screws from the trim (easy, that is all on the outside), the stove then just pulls out. The propane hose isn't long enough (on our boat) to pull the unit all the way out, so having removed the hob unit made this easy to reach in to disconnect the propane hose from the oven.

The worst part of the whole job is the awful realization that I'd have to deal with years of dirt, dust and grime and clean it all before I installed the new units. Yuk!

As I realize others have different vintages and possibly layouts so I've posted a pic of ours in the throws of being removed. (But it seems they've been turned on their side - I guess You get the idea!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7475.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	93118   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7477.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	93119  

Marinegirl405 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags