Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 00:18   #16

Re: Proud new owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtM View Post
Good on you Wayne.

Fair winds.
Thank you DtM and fair winds and calm seas to you. Enjoy that Orana they look nice.
Wayne
AussieWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 00:25   #17

Boat: Lagoon 440

Well done Wayne, it's a great feeling being onboard after the ups and downs of finding and finally buying THE boat. We did all that six months ago and still can't believe it....

Hope to see you out there some time it's a great area for us Aussie's to experience.

ENJOY :-) Cheers Frank
Old 02-10-2012, 00:31   #18

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours

Wayne, ConGrats !! If ya come thru the Carib on your way home ! give us a shout and we will feed ya some Cajun Cooking and even a Toddy !! Have fun as thats what it's all about !! See ya
Old 02-10-2012, 00:48   #19

Boat: Fountaine Pajot LUCIA 40 Maestro Hull n°101

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWayne View Post
Thank you for the welcome to the FP family.
Kiki 1 is sitting patiently in KGM Northern Cyprus and she is about to get a little cold with winter approaching.
Enjoy that Lipari they look nice!
Wayne
Wayne,
on your way out of Med if you come close to France give me an MP there is room here in canet for FP cat's !!

we can arrange a FP meeting !!
Oliver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:01   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Hi Wayne,
Congratulations and wellcome to the FP family, and yes the Forum can be a great reference, but remember some post in haste without the research.
When will you be picking up your boat, we will be leaving La Rochell mid May for the Med. Would love to catch up somewhere there in 2013 or 2014. PM me your e- mail and keep in touch.

Regards Gordon.
Hi Gordon
Thank you for the welcome and yes I realise that not all posts are necessarily correct in their content but what a great place for like minded people to exchange those ideas. One just has to be discerning.
Exciting times ahead for you with a new boat about to be delivered. I don't know much about the Helia as yet but I am sure I will soon.
If all goes to plan I should be on board full time around April/ May of 2013. After a period of getting to know the boat I will head off to cruise Turkey and maybe the Greek Islands. Contemplating the Vasco da Gama rally in September 2013 to take me out of the cold but we will see how that works out. So hopefully we can catch up somewhere sometime that would be great.
Will pm my email
Wayne
Old 02-10-2012, 01:01   #21
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400

Congrats mate, well done ! Jen and I just bought our first cat this May and sailed from La Rochelle down to the Med. Currently in Ibiza, its bloody beautiful, you will be lovin' life!
Gordon, you will be doing the same trip at the same time of year as us. Rather than rush to the Med I would suggest you take your time and explore the Galacian coast of Spain, the Rias (vigo, Rosa) and Portugal. The water is a bit cooler for swimming but its beautiful to cruise, uncrowded and very cheap. Some Marinas are around $20 euro/night, most between 20 and 40 for a 12m cat. Our last Marina in Ibiza was $135/night !
I detailed most of the places we stopped along the way in our blog Sephina
Most of the trip was day sails 30-60 miles/day.
We will keep a watch for the Aussie flag next year Wayne..cheers
Monte
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:57   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagoon4us View Post
Well done Wayne, it's a great feeling being onboard after the ups and downs of finding and finally buying THE boat. We did all that six months ago and still can't believe it....

Hope to see you out there some time it's a great area for us Aussie's to experience.

ENJOY :-) Cheers Frank
Thanks Frank
You are not wrong it is a great feeling just to get this far. I am loooking forward to the time I move on board fulltime.
Seems like there are quite a few Aussies floating around in the Med so there will soon be another.
Hope to catch up with you at some time.
Regards
Wayne
Old 02-10-2012, 05:08   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobconnie View Post
Wayne, ConGrats !! If ya come thru the Carib on your way home ! give us a shout and we will feed ya some Cajun Cooking and even a Toddy !! Have fun as thats what it's all about !! See ya
Bob and Connie
That's a nice temptation and I assure that when I do head out to the Carib I will be sure to look you guys up.
Good luck with your survey.
Regards
Wayne
Old 02-10-2012, 05:18   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver66 View Post
Wayne,
on your way out of Med if you come close to France give me an MP there is room here in canet for FP cat's !!

we can arrange a FP meeting !!
I will certainly PM you whenever I get close. Canet looks beautiful.
An FP rendezvous sounds like a grand idea.
Until then enjoy!
Wayne
Old 02-10-2012, 05:47   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte View Post
Congrats mate, well done ! Jen and I just bought our first cat this May and sailed from La Rochelle down to the Med. Currently in Ibiza, its bloody beautiful, you will be lovin' life!
Gordon, you will be doing the same trip at the same time of year as us. Rather than rush to the Med I would suggest you take your time and explore the Galacian coast of Spain, the Rias (vigo, Rosa) and Portugal. The water is a bit cooler for swimming but its beautiful to cruise, uncrowded and very cheap. Some Marinas are around $20 euro/night, most between 20 and 40 for a 12m cat. Our last Marina in Ibiza was $135/night !
I detailed most of the places we stopped along the way in our blog Sephina
Most of the trip was day sails 30-60 miles/day.
We will keep a watch for the Aussie flag next year Wayne..cheers
Monte
Hey Monte
Thank you for the warm welcome and the info re marinas etc. Sounds great at 20 to 40 euros per night. Can't wait to get that Aussie flag fluttering in the Med breeze.
I had a sail on a friends Lagoon 380 a couple of weeks back here on the Gold Coast and enjoyed it immensely so I am guessing you are loving it fulltime.
I had a loook at your blog. It's great, easy to read, clean layout, good quality photos and some magnificent scenery, well done!
Sephina looks a treat with all the comforts and gear.

Look forward to catching up with you next year.
Fair winds
Regards
Wayne
Old 02-10-2012, 19:23   #26

Boat: FP Belize, 43' - Dot Dun

Wayne,

Congrats! You got a great boat!
DotDun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 00:31   #27
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieWayne View Post
I just wanted to announce that I have today settled on my purchase of a 2002 Belize 43 Maestro (hull # 76).
I am in Australia and the boat is currently in the Med waiting for my arrival in 2013.
Then its off cruising forever, at last and I am sure that there will be many adventures to share along the way.
Thanks to all who have helped with various pieces of advice during my search, it has been very helpful.
Time to change my signature from ''FP or Leopard?'' to ''Belize 43''
Kindest regards
Wayne
Hi Wayne,

Old age must be catching up with me , I did not put 2 & 2 together originally until I finally looked at where you are from , jsu around the corner really , but then yes of course , it is YOU. Happy to have introduced you to the FP familly even if at time the " french clan " in Aigrefeuille is painful to deal with as you may have gathered reading some of the posts on this forum.
Anyway , congratulations for your purchase, having had a look at your Cat via the link that you have sent me , it looks like one of the best Belize around . So enjoy , and next time that you are around , pop in and I shall crack a bottle of bubbly

Cheers
Le Doume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 00:45   #28

Boat: Fountaine Pajot LUCIA 40 Maestro Hull n°101

French Clan in Aigrefeuille ...

Oliver66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:54   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotDun View Post
Wayne,

Congrats! You got a great boat!
Hey DotDun Thanks yes it is a great boat, nearly as good as yours lol
I've got to get to know her and then I will love her.
Might see you out there one day.
Regards
Wayne
Old 03-10-2012, 03:03   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Doume View Post
Hi Wayne,

Old age must be catching up with me , I did not put 2 & 2 together originally until I finally looked at where you are from , jsu around the corner really , but then yes of course , it is YOU. Happy to have introduced you to the FP familly even if at time the " french clan " in Aigrefeuille is painful to deal with as you may have gathered reading some of the posts on this forum.
Anyway , congratulations for your purchase, having had a look at your Cat via the link that you have sent me , it looks like one of the best Belize around . So enjoy , and next time that you are around , pop in and I shall crack a bottle of bubbly

Cheers
Le Doume hope you are well. Thank you for your kind words and being instrumental in introducing me to the FP family. Yes Kiki 1 is a very nice Belize and I can't wait to move on board next year.
In the meantime I will drop by and enjoy some time sitting in your cockpit just talking cats.
See you then
Wayne