Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Manufacturers Forums > Fountaine Pajot
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-07-2016, 05:55   #31

Boat: Fountaine pajot, Mahe, 11m
Re: Refrigerator and Freezer

Hello All,
We are finally posting some photos of our Mahe changes/upgrades. Many thanks to all who contribute to this forum for some fabulous ideas and learnings. Now it is time for us to share some ideas. We have included a few ideas from this forum on our Mahe hull #101 called Sojourn. Since taking delivery of Sojourn straight from the cargo ship in Fremantle Port, Western Australia in 2010 we have been busy learning to sail and prepare her for extended cruising north to the remote Kimberley region of WA. A shake down sail to North West Cape and return soon had us working on more refrigeration. We have posted some pics on how we added a Novacool fridge and freezer to the port side. This has allowed us to undertake extended cruising of 3-4 months without provisioning. (There are no accessible provisioning stops in the Kimberley) Next project was a water maker. We went with a Spectra desalinator. Details to be posted soon.
Cheers,
Janie and Kevin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1855.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	128525  
blue manna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 04:06   #32

Boat: Fountaine-Pajot Mahe 36

Nice! My wife wants to upsize our existing fridge by removing the countertop and putting in a taller fridge. I'm concerned with the weight, particularly once loaded.
Seastream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:45   #33

Boat: Fountaine-Pajot Mahe 36

Blue Manna, what are the model numbers of your fridge/freezer?
Seastream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:58   #34

Boat: Fountain Pajot Mahe 36

Slightly, off topic but, the fridge on my 2008 Mahe 36 just stopped working today, im hoping its just a fuse but i cant find a fuse anywhere in the boat.

Can anyone tell me where the fuse might be or what else the problem might be. I'm a new Mahe owner so appreciate I have a lot go learn.

Thanks
Nodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 10:28   #35

Boat: Lagoon 380 S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodge View Post
Slightly, off topic but, the fridge on my 2008 Mahe 36 just stopped working today, im hoping its just a fuse but i cant find a fuse anywhere in the boat.

Can anyone tell me where the fuse might be or what else the problem might be. I'm a new Mahe owner so appreciate I have a lot go learn.

Thanks
As far as I can remember there is only two fuse boxes on the Mahe. One under the port aft bunk - left handside.
The other one on the starboard side and only accessible by removing the back panel of the front cabinet in the passage way.
I don't remember which one the fridge is wired to.

Each fuse box had a printed chart in the top cover listing the fuse numbers and circuits they protected.

If in doubt check the voltage at the fridge
rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:27   #36

Boat: Mahe 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodge View Post

Thanks
Attached picture of the fuse box behind the fridge and a diagram of the details of the fuse boxes.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuses.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	193708  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 12volt_fuse_boxs.pdf (42.7 KB, 53 views)
SVAscension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 21:02   #37

Boat: Fountain Pajot Mahe 36

Thank you so much, the fuse was indeed in the box behind the fridge and it had blown. I replaced it and this morning I will once again be enjoying cold milk on my cornflakes.

Thanks again.
Nodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2024, 14:48   #38

Boat: Fontaine Pajot Mahe 36

Hi. I have a domestic crx110 fridge on my Mahe 36 (2007) on the starboard forward side of the saloon. I think this is the original place for the fridge. I want to replace it with an Engel Ck100. The Engel is a bit taller and slimmer with 780mm high and 520mm wide. Has anyone here done that? Does it fit or is it to tall? Any tips are appreciated as I’m not on my boat currently but want to order to install when I get there. Thanks and regards from Berlim. Aljoscha
nepomuk1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 06:43   #39

Boat: FP Mahe 36 Duo

Hello Aljoscha. I just caught your thread and thought I’d throw in my two cents. I’ve had my original fridge out several times. There is some clearance to go bigger but not without some saw work on the front panel on all sides except bottom. But frankly, there’s not much room; left to right maybe an inch. You can’t go lower but you could saw higher. Maybe an inch or two. Not knowing the size of the unit you speak about I can’t comment on any fitment. If mine went down, I would just replace as it s somewhat of a standard. I carry a mini freezer when I go on long adventures and between the two it works great. I’ve sailed two times for 5-6 months and with expert prepackaged portions from the admiral we never had to buy meat or fish. We did hit restaurants every now and then, but mostly barbque’d off the back. We also carry a mini hot plate cooker that’s very energy efficient and cooks everything in small portions. Ran the whole way on an inverter and solar. I start our Honda generator every now and then so it doesn’t get cobwebs. 700 watts of solar and an inverter and we never had problem with powering up either of those items as well as the rest of the boat. I don’t know that I answered your question but thought I’d share. Cheers and good luck…
Kazamaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2024, 07:50   #40

Boat: Fontaine Pajot Mahe 36

Hi Kazamaran,

thanks so much for your kind answer! The new fridge would have the dimensions 780mm high and 520mm wide. Do you think this can fit if I do a bit of sawing?

Thanks and regards!

Aljoscha
nepomuk1978 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freezer, mahe 36, refrigerator