Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-06-2013, 18:39   #1

Boat: Bristol 27 Dinette
1968 Bristol 27 for Sale in West Virginia

I have a 1968 Bristol 27 with inboard Westerbeke diesel for sale. It is the dinette layout. It has been stored indoors for the past five years while I have been refitting it. Health issues force me to sell my dream project. Boat is all there, but needs work, rebedding deck hardware, installing some of the interior that I removed to replace rotted bulkheads; it also needs wiring, etc. Beautiful Alberg designed full keel sloop rigged, sleeps five. Hull and deck are in excellent condition, no rot, soft spots, etc. Hull was sanded down, all blisters repaired, epoxy barrier coated, painted green and bottom paint applied by last owner. Hasn't been in the water since. Previous owner also installed new roller furling jib, head, standing rigging, new genoa, and the main is in great shape. I removed and tagged all the deck hardware, sanded the decks for painting, removed any rotted or damaged interior panels (which I kept for patterning).

I have about $8000 in new parts and materials, from epoxy and glass to new updated electrical panel and eight new replacement A&B heavy duty bronze opening ports, Lloyds rated mahogany marine ply, air-dried mahogany boards, teak, teak handrails, paint, new custom made teak anchor bowsprit, etc. I also have a shop of tools, including a Delta tablesaw, jointer, planer, etc. Would like to sell all together for someone who wants to take on the project, or will sell just the boat and the cradle (with original parts, mast, sails, etc.). I am asking $2500.00 for boat and steel cradle with extra heavy-duty wheels. We can talk about the other parts, tools, supplies or a package deal if interested. I would give you a great deal on all the parts needed to make this boat a quality bluewater cruiser.

I would also consider trades for 18-22 foot beach cruising sailboat such as a Drascombe lugger, Sea Pearl 21, Caledonia or Devon Yawl, etc.

Would be a great project for someone wanting to build a solid blue water full keel sailboat with classic lines. The hull and deck are solid; you'd be doing the interior remodel, electrical, plumbing, etc. and putting it back together. I would not be selling if not for medical reasons. I have decided to give up on a big dream for a smaller coastal camp sailor that I can spend time with my young sons and family sailing.

Thanks,

Joel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B27draw.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	63294   Click image for larger version

Name:	B27.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	275.2 KB
ID:	63295