Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2012, 14:32   #1

Boat: Alberg 37
1975 Bristol 27 on trailer - $10k

First, the photos: Bristol27.com » Hull #356 – Wind Waker

I have more, but I'm moving computers now and don't have them over yet...

About Wind Waker:

The B27 is a dinette model. is in good shape. Can come with the trailer. thinking of 7k for boat and 4k for trailer. $10k for both.

Trailer is a dual axel sailboat trailer with new bearings and tires and new electric breaks on both axels

B27 has a new VHF radio, antenna, new masthead light, 14gal flexi holding tank, 14 gal flexi water tank (freshwater system needs to be hooked up), lead ingots added to level boat at mooring, new head installed, 10hp westerbeke just hauled out and serviced (I broke the connector between the transmission and the engine, so it got pulled and gone over), new stuffing & shaft, new evolution line/weed cutter. new-ish sony with mp3 and 2 speakers, new garmin gpsmap 441s gps chart plotter & sounder with thru-hull with temp. new lifelines. standing rigging in good shape, but should be evaluated professionally prior to any major cruising. running rigging between new and serviceable. nothing needs to be done to the running rigging IMHO. 2-3 yr old origo alcohol stove 1 burner

safety gear included
two anchors, some chain & rode.
new dinette table leg from west marine needs to be installed.

diesel input needs to be moved from cockpit sole to rear lazarette (or somewhere else)

hatch screws for forward hatch need to be remounted.

teak needs a new coat of oil

I spent 6+ weeks working her over last spring, but it wasn't big enough for the admiral, so we are closing on an Alberg 37 in late June. Other than a few small projects, I would sail her all over the great lakes and from FL to the Bahamas. (that actually was the plan with the trailer...)
Old 19-06-2012, 04:12   #2

Re: 1975 Bristol 27 on trailer - $10k

I would like to see some more pictures, clearer and less grainy, showing more details of the exterior and the interior. Hard to make any kind of preliminary judgement with the very few pictures shown. If you are trying to attract buyers from anywhere in North America, you need more pictures for people to study first, before they decide to make a long trip.

Is the boat also in Dayton, Ohio?
Old 19-06-2012, 05:16   #3

I think this link will get you some additional photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jjestaiczmk1f57/zDwtgIvwP8
more will be added as I find them. The head shot and stove shot are old and do not represent the new head or stove, but do show the surrounding location well.

Requests for specific high res photos always accepted, and expected from folks who are serious.

The boat is in Bowling Green, Ohio (Toledo)
Old 19-06-2012, 13:53   #4

Thanks Bullmoose. I have a friend who is in the market for a sailboat of this size with a trailer. He is also considering a Nor'sea 27. But for $ 10,000 this seems to be a good deal. I will pass this info on to him. Thanks again.
Old 19-06-2012, 14:58   #5

Well, I feel that it is a very fair deal. I have more in her than that (ha, everyone selling a boat says that though), but I really put a lot of work into upgrading key items. She will be a magnificent boat for the next owner. I wish the wife would let me keep her, but we've got to pay for upgrades on the new boat somehow... :-(