Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-05-2011, 15:31   #1

Boat: Moody 39
1977 Moody 39 - Bluewater Cruiser

I have a very up to date Moody 39 on offer.She has been extensively upgraded for Bluewater cruising and is ready to go anywhere.Many upgrades done in the last 4 years and since Jan 2011 we have sailed her 6000nm from Cape Town,South Africa - St Helena-Brazil-Suriname-Tobago-Grenada and currently sailing the Caribbean.She has performed flawlessly and comfortably.

Some of the upgrades in 2010 alone include.
New standing rigging,new main sail,new simrad IS20 instrumentation and AP24/AC 42 autopilot,Viking 6 man Liferaft,EPIRB,Airbreeze wind gen,4 x90 watt solar panels,Aquanav PC with AIS&GPS,Dingy Davits,Pedestal compass,Full ossmossis treatment and top sides respray etc etc.

All other equipment is working 100% and much is new in the last 3 years some of the items installed include VHFwith DSC,SSB,RADAR,DVD/TV system,Electric primary winches,1000watt windlass,25l calarofier,water pressure system,2 electric heads & 2 showers,Helm and Nav Chartplotter,Quick digital battery charger,Galvanic isolator,6 house batteries+2 cranking batteries.

She sails very well and is comfortable and dry.Dual furler headsails and electric winches make it easy to sail shorthanded if needed but she can also accomodate 8 without a problem.We covered the passage from Brazil to Suriname 1560nm in 10 days last month so she is no slouch either!

I am ideally looking to still cruise for a few months in the Caribbean before I need to return to the grindstone but putting the word out now as I dont know where the next owner is located!! I will also be happy to discuss taking her over to the Med or Europe for the right buyer.All reasonable offers considered.

If you are serious buyer please pm me for further details,this is an opportunity to start sailing anywhere straight away and get a really good deal.
Old 07-05-2011, 16:54   #2

Re: 1977 Moody 39 - Bluewater cruiser

Im not in a position to buy but people always ask on here for pics and a price
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
Old 07-05-2011, 17:34   #3

Boat: Gemini 105M 34
Send a message via Yahoo to captainstubbie
Re: 1977 Moody 39 - Bluewater cruiser

sent u a pm...............

Tags
cruiser