Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 09:04   #1

Boat: Hunter 38
1986 Elite 324 on Chesapeake

I tried to attach the PDF of the below information with Pics - I hope it worked - PM me for more information - thanks Ed

Elite/Kirie 324 – 1986
Lovingly maintained, and continuously updated, Nautique is a French designed and built boat, with wonderful combination of strength and speed, and all of the home comforts below. Plenty of storage. A lot of boat for the money and no sacrifice on style. None of our sailing buddies can believe she is an ’86! Check out the details and pics below. Should you need additional details, please let us know.
Accommodations
Forward is a private V berth with storage below. On either side of the V berth is shelving, and storage lockers are located on each side. Plenty of light and good ventilation with the over head opening hatch.
Moving aft is the main salon with a centerline table with folding leafs on either side. There is a long settee to port and an L -shaped settee to starboard t with storage below and storage behind the seating on port and starboard. The starboard settee is a Pullman making a double bunk.
The galley is aft to starboard featuring a two burner propane stove with an oven, ice box, stainless steel sink and lots of storage, a foldout additional work surface and a microwave.
The nav station sits to port with a hinged chart table with storage, drawers below and the electrical panel.
The head is located aft of the galley and is equipped with a newer Jabco head, shower with hot and cold pressured water. There is a hanging space for wet weather gear">foul weather gear that drains to bilge.
The aft double cabin is to port behind the nav station with hanging locker and plenty of with storage.
There is a stereo with CD, Aux and USB located in the aft cabin linked to the salon Bose speakers and on new deck waterproof speakers.

Electronics
  • Autohelm ST400 autopilot
  • Raymarine ST60 instruments (Wind, Depth, and Speed)
  • Garmin 176C Chartplotter with Chesapeake Chip
  • Stereo am fm cd, aux, usb player with cabin speakers and cockpit speakers
  • ICON VHF radio
Electrical
Sail/Rigging
  • Twin spreader Mast with adjustable back-stay
  • Fully Battened Mainsail with Lazy Jacks
  • Traveler in Cockpit
  • Roller furling Genoa , 150% 135% and racing (almost new) 150%
  • Furlex roller furling
  • Adjustable lead cars on outboard track and separate inboard track
  • Asymmetric Spinnaker with sock
  • 2 Barbarossa #41 ST winches
  • 2 Barbarossa #40 winches
Mechanical
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Elite 32 -.pdf (291.9 KB, 424 views)
Old 06-03-2012, 13:04   #2

Re: 1986 Elite 324 on Chesapeake

So - what do you folks think?
Old 14-03-2012, 14:53   #3

Reduced 2K to 33K OBO - similar one but older on Sailboatlistings for 40K 1984 Kirie /Philippe Harle Elite 324 sailboat for sale in Outside United States (design was updated in 86), open to offers. This is a clean, well equiped, trouble free boat
Old 14-03-2012, 15:14   #4

I know nothing about those boats so cant really help. Seems well equipped. Engine updated 10 years ago. Traveler in cockpit is a PITA.... and maybe makes it sound like more of a rcing design...? I know there are 30 footers on the market for $7500 and up. There are 33 footers for $10k on up. Hard to say the real condition of those boats, probably need work. Seems like the high end for a 32 to me, but as I say... dont really know those boats.... Is 5-6 a little deep for the Chesapeake?

Old 14-03-2012, 15:51   #5

Good feedback - a few dealers have contacted me with encouraging notes from soldboat etc - but then they want to list it - which I may do. 5-6 on the Chesapeake is not to restrictive - but there are places that you need to watch (like knaps narrows - but that a story for another day J). Many of the racing boats are deeper - others less so. Bottom line is she is a well equipped ‘better beneteau’ (materials finish etc IMHO) which can be enjoyed without any work.