Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-08-2012, 18:26   #1

Boat: Com-pac 25
1998 Com-pac 25 Sloop

Selling my beloved Com-pac 25 Sloop $19,900 with the option to purchase its custom very roadworthy trailer for an additional price. The trailer is only 5 years old with electric brakes on all 4 wheels. The trailer was custom built for my previous heavier boat, an Ericson 27 and should be able to handle loads up to 12,000 lbs. The trailer includes a 10 ft. extender for launching in those shallower boat ramps.

The boat is in very good condition, shoal draft (manfucturer specs state 2ft. 6" draft), but with people and a few supplies on board, I would say draft is really 3 ft. Tiller steered (easy repairs, better feedback at the helm).

Boat is located in Clinton Lake, IL. and is also currently advertised on yachtword.com

Roller furling with a 125 Genoa, headsail and mainsals both have lots of life left.

Auxiliary is a 4 year old 9.9 hp 4 stroke Suzuki, and power tilt. Thus, this provides huge storage space potential beneath the cockpit.

Primary winches have been upgraded from the standard Lewmar 16's to a pair of Lewmar 30 ST. The Lewmar 30 winches are only 4 years old. All lines lead aft and is perfect for single-handing.

Private Head and shower (though I could not guarantee the water pressure and water heater for the works still since our sailing with her have been mainly limited to daysails, and over nights. I never needed to used the shower, and/or heater.

Included is a 4 year old Garmin GPS mounted on the bulkhead (I could not remember the model). Mostly useless in our small lake and Garmin's charts do not include our lake.

Depth sounder works, but display is faded. Included is an unused solar powered Tacktick wireless wind vane - digital display already mounted in the cockpit. 1500 Watt inverter with 2 house batteries. I kept the house batteries charged with a small solar panel. Sorry folks, the panel is not included ( I sat on it and broke it)!

Boat is in overall very good condition. Just needs new bottom paint, fresh coats of varnish for the minimal already recently stripped teak on deck, and a new water pump for the outboard (just learned this yesterday). Dang! I just replaced the water pump last year!

All portlights and cleats are brass! Bug screens for the portlights - complete.

It is the ideal pocket cruiser. Lots of teak inside. This is my second Com-pac and love these boats! Dry, dry, dry. No leaks from the decks. No wood core used for hull and deck = no wood rot.

I bought the boat with its existing stainless steel bimini top but never used it. It's been in my garage the past three years. For those who like those biminis, that means the bimini has not deterioriated a bit since I purchased the boat 3 years ago.

From what I could tell, the boat sailed in Lake Lanier, GA for a few years, until a genteleman for Charleston, SC purchased her and hardly used her but replaced the outboard, and added the GPS.

Service from Com-pac is second to none. I have called them 4 times over the past years (since I also had a Com-pac 23 at one time) and each time I needed technical help, I was transferred to Gerry Hutchins (Hutchins Inc. builds these beautiful boats).

Most Com-pac 25's in the market have the diesel engine and wheel steering which raises their resell price another $10,000 and no trailer. This one does not have the diesel engine or the wheel steering meaning less engine repair and maintenance costs overall. But you do get a very good trailer that fits her like a glove.

Needs new bottom paint. I already purchased this year two quarts of Interlux VC17 for it and the buyer may have it as part of the purchase.

The only reason I am selling my baby are my plans to retire in the Philippines next year, and learned the cost for shipping boats even on trailers are insane. Otherwise, I would not part with her as makes a perfect coastal cruiser sailing in the Philippines.

Send me a PM if interested! This is an excellent opportunity.

zUrchin
Old 09-09-2012, 16:31   #2

Re: 1998 Com-pac 25 Sloop

I am looking to buy a com pac 25 and your listing interested me. I'd like to talk with you by phone. Email messages are fine, but I'm old school. Please call me on my cell most any time, 336 269-2029. Thank you.
Old 17-10-2012, 15:14   #3

This extremely fairly priced Com-pac is still available! PM me if interested!

zUrchin (George)
Old 12-01-2013, 02:38   #4

Sold!

Tags
sloop