Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-01-2012, 12:56   #1

2 week house swap for your boat?

I'm just wondering if any Liveaboard Families in the Caribbean would like to take a 2 week vacation in our lovely New York Home during the school summer break. We are interested in becoming Liveaboards ourselves but feel we need to try it a little before committing to the idea.

ABOUT US
We are a family of 4, my husband (a reinsurance broker) and I are 40yo's, we have two small children aged 5 & 3.

OUR HOME
We live in a beautiful 2,800 ft, 4 Bedroom, 2.5 bath home in Port Washington, NY. It's located on Long Island & is a 30min train ride into central Manahattan. We are half a block from Manhasset Bay with lovely water views from some areas of the house. The area is packed with amenities, including Manhasset Bay Yacht club at the end of our street. We have two cars.

I'm interested in trying out the Lagoon 440 or similar. I have a long sailing history. I've raced & Owned hobie cats, crewed on oceangoing cats, I've bareboated chartered monohulls via Sunsail. My sailing in the last few years has been racing via our local yacht club on Ideal 18's & perfecting my Windsurfing whenever I get the chance. I'm extremely safety conscious & that would be my number one priority with children on board.

I know this swap may not be possible - but you never know till you try!

I figured there may be a family liveaboard somewhere that my be interested in giving the kids a land lubber vacation. Or you may have business to do in NYC.

If this is of interest to you please write to me at joboyne@yahoo.com and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks
Joanne
Old 15-01-2012, 19:26   #2

Boat: Idylles 15.5
Send a message via Yahoo to Idylles15.5
Re: 2 week house swap for your boat?

Just wondering who this? You must live on second Ave, Prospect or Third. We probably know each other. Nelson S. Anyway to anyone else who reads this post, the Town of Port is perfect if you want to sail or see the city of New York and all it has to offer. You can also walk right down the street to a number of good spots to have a brew or a bite to eat right on the water. There is also a water taxi service in the bay that will take you to all of the other water front restaurants for a single fare. Boat rental is also available at Port Sailing School. They have a few 36 foot beneteaus to rent. If you belong to a yacht club you can also take advantage of club to club courtesy dining and charges.