Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2012, 07:16   #1

Boat: 1965 Alberg 35 #190
27' Cape Dory

This is a heads up for a sweet pocket cruiser owned and upgraded since 1985 by the present owner. She's a 1978 model, with wheel steering, a newish Yanmar diesel,furling headsail, good sails, rigging. She is approaching her 35th birthday, and looks about ten years old; no chongers. I'll have the full particulars, along with pictures by the end of the coming week. Google this boat and you'll appreciate the graceful, classic lines of Carl Alberg. If you are under six feet, you'll fit right into this little beauty that will carry you in perfect safety across the Atlantic to Europe, where you can store the rig with an outfit like Vonwettering boat movers and spend a delightful year cruising the canals and rivers. If you are over six feet, like me, you'll have to flex your knees a little. She's offered at only 10K or best offer over 9K. Call me 805.570.4804 to discuss. Fair Winds, JLS
Old 16-10-2012, 09:32   #2

Re: 27' Cape Dory

Subscribed to see the pictures when you get them up. Been looking at 27'-30' bluewater boats with diesels for a while now.
Old 16-10-2012, 11:53   #3

Thanks for your interest! I'm still working on the specs, equipment and photos. Fair Winds,JLS
Old 16-10-2012, 12:09   #4

That's a steal. If I didn't love my 25D so much I'd grab it in a heart beat...

Cape Dory 25D Seraph
Old 26-10-2012, 13:20   #5

Any word on the pictures?
Old 30-10-2012, 08:28   #6

Sorry for the delay on the photos; been showing the actual boat a lot, and we had some weather-related isssues. Nice little front coming through right now with clear air, so I'll try to take some views today.
Old 08-11-2012, 07:46   #7

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to post the photos of the Cape Dory; I took the pictures, downloaded them to my laptop, pulled up the ad, attached three photos, hit upload, waited over 20 minutes, got a cryptic messg. saying it was unsuccessful due to a "missing TOKEN"(?). I'll make another try at it but, if it doesn't work again, you'll just have to Google Cape Dory 27' for info about the basic boat. Any seriously interested parties can call me at 805.570.4804 to discuss upgrades such as the larger Yanmar, bronze thru-hulls, new shaft and prop, etc. This little boat only needs a cleaning, and sanding of the teak trim. She has wheel steering with an emergency tiller, enclosing canvass for the cockpit. The owner got a ticket for not having a holding tank and removed the head, using a self-contained portapotty. She has a robust furling system and a full complement of sails, including several hank on headsails. I have a survey from 1996. There are no chongers( evidence of damage, dents,collisions with docks or other vessels, broken trim, etc.) anywhere I could see. The best offer over 9K gets her. Her YADA value is $13,500 for the basic boat with no upgrades. This boat is , with the exception of cosmetics, in turnkey condition. Fair Winds, JLS
Old 08-11-2012, 07:51   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Reiter View Post
This is a heads up for a sweet pocket cruiser owned and upgraded since 1985 by the present owner. She's a 1978 model, with wheel steering, a newish Yanmar diesel,furling headsail, good sails, rigging. She is approaching her 35th birthday, and looks about ten years old; no chongers. I'll have the full particulars, along with pictures by the end of the coming week. Google this boat and you'll appreciate the graceful, classic lines of Carl Alberg. If you are under six feet, you'll fit right into this little beauty that will carry you in perfect safety across the Atlantic to Europe, where you can store the rig with an outfit like Vonwettering boat movers and spend a delightful year cruising the canals and rivers. If you are over six feet, like me, you'll have to flex your knees a little. She's offered at only 10K or best offer over 9K. Call me 805.570.4804 to discuss. Fair Winds, JLS
Are we all just supposed to know what a Chonger is? The urban dictionary defines it as either someone who smokes a lot of cannabis, or large breasts. Either way, I don't see the relevance.

Perhaps you'd have more luck selling it if you avoided obscure slang.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:15   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Reiter
There are no chongers( evidence of damage, dents,collisions with docks or other vessels, broken trim, etc.)
While I agree that obscure slang should not be used, I think Jonathan included the definition.
Hunter30 #22
Old 17-04-2013, 07:34   #10

Any update on this? Still for sale?
Old 17-04-2013, 16:45   #11

Boat: Tinker Traveller...a dozen feet of bluewater awesomeness!

Forget the boat. Let's see pictures of them chongers.
Old 18-04-2013, 10:55   #12

Don't know how this got reposted; not by me. The CD27 went to a good home last month. sorry if anyone was misled. Fair Winds, JLS

Tags
cape dory