Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2011, 16:07   #16

Re: 30kg / 66lb Genuine Bruce Anchor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!! tell me my GENYOOOOOWINE bruce with BRUCE stamped on it an d BELGIUM stamped on it and 30 kg stamped into it isnt genyoooowine???LOL guess again-- got it for 200 usd .... from a source not too in love with his stuff to sell a used item for an appropriate price..LOL
mebbe yours is a knock off-- but mine is genuine bruce original. and YES i did pay 200 dollars for it from a fella on another forum. in sd.. LOL
dont be second guessing what others find .... you will not be correct in your ASSumptions.
Congratulations on making a good purchase, however that doesn't mean the anchor isn't worth more as evidenced by the interest and the selling price. As a matter of fact I was offered $425 after posting that the anchor had been sold.

If you feel the anchor is only worth $200 I'm sure there are quite a few people on these forums willing to pay that price to you. Is yours for sale at that price?
Old 16-06-2011, 16:33   #17
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Problem Free View Post
Congratulations on making a good purchase, however that doesn't mean the anchor isn't worth more as evidenced by the interest and the selling price. As a matter of fact I was offered $425 after posting that the anchor had been sold.

If you feel the anchor is only worth $200 I'm sure there are quite a few people on these forums willing to pay that price to you. Is yours for sale at that price?

i BOUGHT mine for that--LOL and i am cruising with it at present, and is NOT for sale. will be used when we find bad stormicames this late summer coming.....
Old 16-06-2011, 16:49   #18

Quote:
i BOUGHT mine for that--LOL and i am cruising with it at present, and is NOT for sale. will be used when we find bad stormicames this late summer coming.....
You might want to consider a side business selling anchors then to augment your cruising budget. It sounds as if doubling your money is a safe investment considering the interest in quality anchors.
Old 16-06-2011, 21:11   #19
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64

Quote:
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!! tell me my GENYOOOOOWINE bruce with BRUCE stamped on it an d BELGIUM stamped on it and 30 kg stamped into it isnt genyoooowine???LOL guess again-- got it for 200 usd .... from a source not too in love with his stuff to sell a used item for an appropriate price..LOL
mebbe yours is a knock off-- but mine is genuine bruce original. and YES i did pay 200 dollars for it from a fella on another forum. in sd.. LOL
dont be second guessing what others find .... you will not be correct in your ASSumptions.
ha! :-) My original Bruce is a bit bigger... 176 pounds (= 80kg) But if you can buy brand new, never used 30kg original Bruce anchors for $200.- then you have a goldmine within reach... buy 'em all!

ciao!
Nick.
Old 17-06-2011, 06:40   #20
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

i did buy em all--was only one....stuff is only as valuable as market allows....LOL...so it fluctuates and sometimes is waaay too ogood for buyer, sometimes waaay too good for seller-- depending on who needs what most... i was very lucky.LOL

Tags
anchor